PDA

View Full Version : Lost One Of My Dogs Sat.

apbt549
07-24-2007, 08:03 AM
i lost one of my red nose pits this past sat. came home sat about 1pm had some lunch it had been raining all day about 4pm went outside and took my house dogs with me went into the fenced in back yard where my other dogs are and found her just laying there.she was already dead.what a way to start the weekend..at that time i didn't know what killed her didn't know if it was heat stroke but she had plenty of water she wasn't scared up like she got into a fight....

then sunday was mowing the yard and went by her area and found what looked like a coral snake didn't know for sure b/c i didn't know the color.then went inside and found out it was coral snake so thats what killed her poor old girl.she was 10yrs and her name was koko rip old girl....

FireFreak956
07-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Sorry to hear that Bro...It's hard losing pets you've had for awhile especially mans best friend...R.I.P. KoKo...

Peace

any1uno
07-24-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose someone so close to you. And yes..I consider pets someone as they are so much a part of our lives.

miss diesel
07-24-2007, 12:44 PM
That's horrible, apbt. Losing an animal is very hard (I lost a horse and a few cats the last couple of years).
Glad you still have another dog to keep you company. Remember the good times you had with the girl.

Akamai
07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
dOOOOd that suck my first pit was an ole family rednose...

Akamai

apbt549
07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
tks guys...it was hard to bury her and even harder to not know what happen to her..but when i found out sunday it was a snake i felt alittle better....

miss diesel
07-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Now that you found what killed her, I hope that your other dog will stay safe. Is there a way to prevent that kinda snake to enter your garden?

TommyD
07-25-2007, 05:52 AM
Sorry to hear........I think a dog that has passed makes me sadder than any
other animal dying.

USABULK
07-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog. We become so attached to them, they're like family. I couldn't imagine if anything happened to one on mine. :(

apbt549
07-25-2007, 02:30 PM
no nothing i can do to keep them out coral snake is not a real problem, snake for me at my house..first i have seen and i've lived the 12 years..they are very little snakes in size but the most deadly in north america but they don't bite alot b/c they are so small and they have small fangs so its hard for them to bite unless they bite you in soft tissue..i am guessing she got bit on her face or nose or muzzle i was alittle heard broken when i seen her...

tekki9
07-25-2007, 05:43 PM
:( - dam that sucks - sorry brother - that actually made me tear up -

RIP - koko - Never forgotten!

Skeletor
07-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Sorry to hear that bro...I love red nose pits and have one myself

HungryEctomorph
07-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey dude I'm really sorry to hear about your dog... that had to have been very upsetting

apbt549
07-28-2007, 03:07 PM
tks for the support guys...

gpit
07-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Sorry for your loss bro. I have a 2 pits myself and i lost my 1st pit 3 yrs ago. I had to put him down because of kidney and renal failure. It was supposedly due to some wild mushrooms that he ate which were growing in my back yard.
I had entered him in weight pull and conformation shows in the ADBA. I did everything with this dog. He was a Red Brindle. R.I.P. ol boy Zues...:(

Son Of Man
08-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose someone so close to you. And yes..I consider pets someone as they are so much a part of our lives.

Exactly^
Sorry Bro, I love my dogs and I know how you feel.

groverman1
08-13-2007, 05:55 PM
My regards.:(

JackBauer
08-18-2007, 09:56 PM
damn bro, im sorry, losing your dog feels like losing a brother... mines going soon he got hip problems n shit n its hard just looking at him knowing hes walkin around in pain.. gonna have to put him down soon

sparky101
08-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Sorry Bro,

I have a pit also I couldn't handle the loss I love her like a kid. Good luck Bro

joethetoe
09-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Sorry for your loss man. Lost my dog about a year ago,he was the gayest little sissy of a Cockapoo you'd ever meet,but he was certainly my best friend.I feel bad saying it,but i've lost my dad,brother,sister,and losing that dog hurt more.still can't bring myself to get another one.My wife could be mad at me for days,work could be going shitty,but that dog was always too cool for school.Feel tour pain for sure.

kandaandm
09-15-2007, 12:19 PM
I have a boxxer...I love all dogs...maybe you can get a pup and name it after your dog in memory.

bostonstrangler
09-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Just went through the same thing, I also had an old family red "purple ribbon". Back In the first week of May, He was fine then all of all of a sudden bam he would not eat , poor guy would throw up evrything even water. So I brought him to the Vet, The vet did some blood work and said and did not look good, so he suggested to run some more tests, anyway he had cancer all over his body in his lungs stomach etc, I had this dog for 12yrs and man he went to the vet at least three time a year if n\not more. Anytime he was sick I brought him.I totasly blam eth evet for this mess he should of picked up on this early but this asshole try to say he was fine last times he came in, The vet dropped the ball and fuck him, I had to put him down and it was the hardest thing i have ever done. Its about how he lived and not about how he died!! His name was Vince and I loved him like he was my brother.. Sorry for the ramblin just thought I'd share a little. R.I.P. Vince

superdog
09-22-2007, 04:36 AM
All dogs are super bro. My screen name is in memory of one of my best friends.

I know this might not help too much now but I`d try to concentrate on the fact that you got 10 good years of friendship with your girl. She could have gotten hit by a car at age 2 but she didn`t....

You had 10 good years with koko... if you made her happy and she made you happy during that time then I say it was worth it. Even if she did go before her time.

bigbench2
09-22-2007, 12:27 PM
I just had a black lab pass.I had him since he was 6 weeks old.He was put to sleep at 12.I finally had to put him down due to cancer.It was a horrible expierence.I had him in my arms while he was being inserted intravenuously.He was licking me,and looking me in the eyes,as if to tell me he was going to be ok.Im tearing up now,just thinking about it.I guess im just a big puss!

Sara
09-22-2007, 06:48 PM
i lost one of my red nose pits this past sat. came home sat about 1pm had some lunch it had been raining all day about 4pm went outside and took my house dogs with me went into the fenced in back yard where my other dogs are and found her just laying there.she was already dead.what a way to start the weekend..at that time i didn't know what killed her didn't know if it was heat stroke but she had plenty of water she wasn't scared up like she got into a fight....

then sunday was mowing the yard and went by her area and found what looked like a coral snake didn't know for sure b/c i didn't know the color.then went inside and found out it was coral snake so thats what killed her poor old girl.she was 10yrs and her name was koko rip old girl....

I'm so so sorry about your loss :( I know how you feel :(

Kruzzer
09-22-2007, 09:56 PM
It sucks Bro...Sorry to hear that.
KZ