PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds breaks record

Downtown
08-09-2007, 02:59 AM
I love this guy, the media needs to fuck off already and realize that most pro athletes use some sort of performance enhancing drugs. Its not just Barry.

goliath1812
08-09-2007, 10:42 AM
couldn't agree more. what will happen when A-Rod breaks Bonds' record? will he be tossed into speculation for banned substances too?

cchunter
08-09-2007, 06:28 PM
I agree with Downtown the media is going to Hype/Spin/What-Ever: come on Guys = RATINGS !!!!! So my argument is this what if, OK if Sir Hank (with all due Respect) did PHDs, in the 70's ? Which in all probabality,he did'nt would the media have cried like this then?? NOPE ! Yeah, I was a kid back then ,but I enjoyed the celebration,with the rest of the country!!!!! ...... cc

cchunter
08-09-2007, 06:31 PM
( One ) More Go Bonds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downtown
08-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks guys, I was hoping im not the only one in American that wasnt an idiot. A-rod is jacked...if he did in naturally then congrats...but i dont think so. But everyone loves him so it probably wont ever get brought up. No didsrespect to Arod.

PECS
08-10-2007, 08:51 PM
I don't give a fuck who's juicing and who isn't... Aaron and Ruth and the rest of the "Golden Era" boys had amphetimines and other "Performance Enhancers" at their disposal... it just so happens that juice is the drug of choice for todays athletes... it all boils down to this...

... Bonds has not failed a drug test for juice... AND juice was not against MLB rules until 2 seasons ago... so whether he did or did not is irrelevant. He broke no rules.

I'm happy for Barry and all other record holders.

Juicd
08-10-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't think A-rod juices at all. I am also sick of all the media hype but Bonds brought it on himself. He cheated so he has to deal with it. IMO he is a prick. He narked on his own teammate when he failed for amphetamines last year.

PA-Muscle
08-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Good for him....If the Pro golfers get to use up to date technology to better their game ....why not everyone?

PECS
08-11-2007, 12:34 AM
I don't think A-rod juices at all. I am also sick of all the media hype but Bonds brought it on himself. He cheated so he has to deal with it. IMO he is a prick. He narked on his own teammate when he failed for amphetamines last year.

How did Barry cheat? Because everyone suspects he used steroids? Even though we all know he did... it wasn't against the rules of MLB to use until 2 seasons ago... and to this day he has yet to test positive for steroid use...

... unlike Palmeiro who tested positive within 30 days after taking part in the Congressional Hearings on steroids in baseball... where adamently denied ever using ANY performance enhancement... and yet they still haven't charged his ass with blatant perjury and Sammy Sosa who got caught using a corked bat when it busted... how long do you suppose he'd been using corked bats (remember the home run race of 98?), he blatantly broke a rule of MLB and wasn't punished...

... all it boils down to is jealousy and trying to knock a guy down who's pretty much the best player in baseball.

-DISGORGE-
08-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm surprised that baseball...really all sports fans, are shocked that half the athletes use steroids. I thought everyone already knew that.

Chestnut
08-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Go Barry......

Son Of Man
08-12-2007, 07:24 PM
I don't like bonds at all and I think that it sucks that he beat the record. Not because he used gear but because he is a straight up asshole to everyone including his teammates and is also a racist. He's also not really that good at anything but batting at this point and can't even run bases himself. But in defense of players that do use,no amount of gear is going to help you hit homeruns if you don't have the talent and cordination to make contact with the ball.

groverman1
08-13-2007, 05:54 PM
The whole damn league was juicing. Shit, Selig knew it when Sosa and McGuire were going at it.

Juicd
08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Son of Man i agree with you 100% and couldn't have said it better myself. I guess he didn't cheat because it wasn't against rules at the time. But whatever let him sit on it a few years before A-rod shatters his record.