PDA

View Full Version : Shit

SFGiants
02-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Bicep tendon torn off the shoulder and several rotator cuff tears, yeah I give a fuck now!

Most of this actually happened in 94 when I laid down the Harley on 101.

Uh new game plan to think out and set into place but it will very much be a focal to my Bowling career which I won't start back on until after the surgery and that won't be soon as we both me and surgeon (ok nerds, surgeon and I) agreed it is bad timing to do a surgery like that right now, hell he told me he isn't even good enough for this type of surgery and it's going to take a year plus to recover.

WTF DAMN IT!

apbt549
02-09-2012, 06:59 PM
had a bicep tendon tear a few years ago and the recover sucked couldnt work out for a yr the dr told me if i go back to the gym to soon and lift heavy i'll be back in there. it was tough but i listened and havent had a problem with the left side again but the right side i torn the rotator cuff in nov of '10 got a shot bc i didnt want to be out a year so far no problems with the right shoulder....

good luck.......

Patriot1405
02-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Shit that sucks SFG, sorry to hear that my friend. That sounds like a long recovery. So if your not havin the surgery now, when does the doctor think its the right time? It's so hard for active people like us to even think about doing nothing for a year. Wish you the best. Keep us updated!

ChemicallyEngineered
02-10-2012, 06:36 AM
this really sucks to hear. What were your symptoms for the bicep tendon tear? Someone has told me they tink i may have a tear because i have a pain that originates in my armpit near pec/delt tie in and continues down the insner side of my bicep till about midway and from time to time i get pins and needles in my pointer and middle fingers. Scared shitless to hget it looked at but i know it isn't going to dissapear either. Best of luck to you with your surgery.

tilltheend
02-10-2012, 09:09 AM
I am very sorry to hear that, I would look into some type of supplementation that can speed up the recovery process.

baby1
02-10-2012, 09:18 AM
You have to do what you have to do. Two options, live with it or fix it. The first option not being the best one. You will recover and it will take time, but the longer you wait the older you get. You also need to finf a surgeon who is top nothch at this. Are their any orthopedic surgeons in your area that are surgeons for the professional sports teams? My hip surgeon was Chicago Bulls team surgeon as well as other teams. Took me about a full 18 months to recover.

SFGiants
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Shit that sucks SFG, sorry to hear that my friend. That sounds like a long recovery. So if your not havin the surgery now, when does the doctor think its the right time? It's so hard for active people like us to even think about doing nothing for a year. Wish you the best. Keep us updated!

I'm shooting for winter

this really sucks to hear. What were your symptoms for the bicep tendon tear? Someone has told me they tink i may have a tear because i have a pain that
originates in my armpit near pec/delt tie in and continues down the insner side of my bicep till about midway and from time to time i get pins and needles in my pointer and middle fingers. Scared shitless to hget it looked at but i know it isn't going to dissapear either. Best of luck to you with your surgery.

Sounds like a partial pec major I had one. stick are straight out palm facing the opposite side and try to force something like a pole going the opposite side so if right hand palm facing you left side and press across you.

That hurts it's pec major bro.

Just put both hands out palms together and press!

You have to do what you have to do. Two options, live with it or fix it. The first option not being the best one. You will recover and it will take time, but the longer you wait the older you get. You also need to finf a surgeon who is top nothch at this. Are their any orthopedic surgeons in your area that are surgeons for the professional sports teams? My hip surgeon was Chicago Bulls team surgeon as well as other teams. Took me about a full 18 months to recover.

He refered 2 to me.

SFGiants
02-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Starting training this week went too hard Tuesday so I'll tone it down some and man it suck to have to squat on machines for as long as I'm going to have to.

The IM Troll
02-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Starting training this week went too hard Tuesday so I'll tone it down some and man it suck to have to squat on machines for as long as I'm going to have to.

That's why Troll says SFG means STUPID FUCKING GUY and Troll knows his shit!

Blackfoot
02-17-2012, 12:46 AM

damn that sucks man! sorry to hear that but my advice would be to shine up the wheels and tighten up the abs. hell, anything to get your mind off the setback. best of luck on your recovery and hope it goes well

SFGiants
02-17-2012, 01:49 AM
damn that sucks man! sorry to hear that but my advice would be to shine up the wheels and tighten up the abs. hell, anything to get your mind off the setback. best of luck on your recovery and hope it goes well

Yeah I'm a Powerlifter and now that I'm down I think leaning up a little is set goal I don't need to frop much weight to do so and yeah pound the legs like crazy so my squat isn't so bad when I do get to squat again but the will be a long time and it hit me today that includes GM's damn.

badcompany487
02-17-2012, 05:42 AM
Damn dude

SFGiants
02-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Truth is Troll kicked my ass!