PDA

View Full Version : member needs our prayers...badly

rocco-x
02-11-2012, 08:45 PM
the one of two members i keep in almost daily contact,Niko,is extremely ill.i can't or won't go into exact details as he requested cause i know the meds he's on is clouding his judgement.all i can say is this is going on his 3rd week in the hospital.has dropped from 215 to as of last night 162.2lbs,is on a 24hr morphine drip,loads of painkillers and whatever else they can give him...and it's not working.hasn't eaten in almost 2.5wks,his wife is falling apart fearing for her new husbands life.he's one of my closest friends i have on the boards...and we've yet to meet face to face.but there's nothing one of us wouldn't do for the other.

it kills me when i hear how his pain is so bad he wants to rip his own guts out.i've been busy off the boards due to alot of my own stuff going on but when it comes to one of my brothers in pain like this i'll beg for prayers.i don't care if you're an atheist,agnostic,catholic,muslim,jew...whatever.ju st pray for him.please.

gonna be sending them a card this week to try and cheer them up and to let them know they've got warriors fighting for them as well on the other side of the keyboards.thnx for your help guys.just a quick prayer as you go to sleep is better than nothing,right?...rocco:(

baby1
02-11-2012, 08:48 PM
So sorry to hear about this. I believe there is power in prayer and he will be in my thoughts.

SFGiants
02-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Has my prayers and maybe possible we should send a IM card and or gift!

Blackfoot
02-11-2012, 09:26 PM
will def say a few prayers for him

airagee23
02-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Sorry to hear bro. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

The IM Troll
02-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Pray Troll will!

YAMAHA147
02-12-2012, 08:47 AM
I HAVE SEEN HIM ON THE BOARDS AS WELL FOR A LONG TIME...HE IS IN MY PRAYERS

Walker
02-12-2012, 09:22 AM
payers for a full and speedy recovery! and prayers for the family

geeezer
02-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Niko, is in my prayers.
I will also put him on the prayer list at church today .
Praying for a speedy recovery!!

tilltheend
02-12-2012, 09:56 AM
I will pray for him.

WidowMaker
02-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Sorry to hear this brother. Prayers already sent out!!

rocco-x
02-12-2012, 01:04 PM
this means alot guys.i know he'll recovery,it's just a matter of when and how quick.we both suggested that he start taking pics now and then all thru his recovery process to show the improvement.about to hit him up in a few minutes.i know he hardly gets any real sleep so i don't like to bother him just in case he's out.hopefully if this procedure works they won't have to remove parts of his insides which i know he's dreading.

DZ1
02-12-2012, 01:57 PM
prayin for him to pull thru

Patriot1405
02-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Prayers to him and his family!

sigman roid
02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

MPMC
02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Yohimbe
02-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

JerkKILLER
02-13-2012, 12:04 AM
I'll pray for him tonight. No prayer goes unheard by the Big Guy upstairs, I know that for a fact!
But what about cards? Any chance you can post up a PO box or something we can send cards to? I know it would mean a lot more to him (to have or see/touch something physical in front of him) than you just telling him "3 guys from the boards prayed for you today". ( No offense and I'm being serious here)

I'll send a card if you post up an address. THX

irish_2003
02-13-2012, 02:39 AM
i'll text him in the morning...thanks rocco for posting this

Born2Juice4Ever
02-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Hey man yes I remember Niko he has been around a little bit.

Fuck this sounds like a nightmare. You can be sure that right now I will send him strong prayers...for his fast recuperation, for his wife to be strong and supportive of him

Times like this makes us realize that life and everything in it, can be taken away from us.

God please take care of our friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B2J

niko
02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
WOW! Thanks for all of your prayers I'm finally out of the hospital but certianly not out of the woods. I have already been back to the ER with cellulitis , folliculitis and my ankles are friggin kankles now LOL. I guess my Imune system started attacking me so here I am on a medicine that supresses my imune system which makes me defensless against infection. I never had such incredible pain in my life never mind all the internal bleeding. Im going to the doc's today to figure out the next move so I want to thank all of you for the support and prayers it means a lot. I am going to have my wife take some pictures for a before and after the sickness comeback. I figure it will help motivate me to work hard at just becoming healthy again cause its a chore to walk in the kitchen and pour a glass of water but I will be back. Tough Times Don't Last Tough People DO!

Thanks Rocco!

baby1
02-14-2012, 01:41 PM
WOW! Thanks for all of your prayers I'm finally out of the hospital but certianly not out of the woods. I have already been back to the ER with cellulitis , folliculitis and my ankles are friggin kankles now LOL. I guess my Imune system started attacking me so here I am on a medicine that supresses my imune system which makes me defensless against infection. I never had such incredible pain in my life never mind all the internal bleeding. Im going to the doc's today to figure out the next move so I want to thank all of you for the support and prayers it means a lot. I am going to have my wife take some pictures for a before and after the sickness comeback. I figure it will help motivate me to work hard at just becoming healthy again cause its a chore to walk in the kitchen and pour a glass of water but I will be back. Tough Times Don't Last Tough People DO!

Thanks Rocco!

Thank you for letting us know how you are doing! You sound like you have a great attitude and that does help! Take things slow and get better soon.

irish_2003
02-14-2012, 01:59 PM
glad you're out of the hospital now...i'm sure that experience has really put some things into perspective for you...myself as i'm approaching 40 soon am contemplating downsizing and getting into a different athletic hobby such as karate or ballroom dancing (don't knock it...have you seen all the hot chics who do it?...plus it's great exercise)

martin
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Will be praying for you bro

niko
02-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Thank you for letting us know how you are doing! You sound like you have a great attitude and that does help! Take things slow and get better soon.
I have no choice but to take things slow I feel like a crickity old man LOL. I will take it slow and thank you.

glad you're out of the hospital now...i'm sure that experience has really put some things into perspective for you...myself as i'm approaching 40 soon am contemplating downsizing and getting into a different athletic hobby such as karate or ballroom dancing (don't knock it...have you seen all the hot chics who do it?...plus it's great exercise)
Ya man it has put a lot in perspective like how I need to put as much Gerth on as possible so if this happens again loosing 40 pounds will be like loosing 5 LOl. What I seriously took from this is how quick your life can be twisted by an illness and theres nott a damn thing I could do about it. I tell you one thing Irish if I didn't take care of myself like many others on this board I would be in ten times worse shape. Never would I knock Ballroom dancing or anything that has women with body's like they do so you go nuts bro and ya its some serious cardio work.

geeezer
02-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Brother its good to know your out of the hospital.Will keep you in my prayers and on the pray list that church.
I'm Praying for a speedy recovery.
Glad to see you back on Infinity.

niko
02-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Brother its good to know your out of the hospital.Will keep you in my prayers and on the pray list that church.
I'm Praying for a speedy recovery.
Glad to see you back on Infinity.
Thanks geeezer, I do appreciate you putting me in your prayers and on the list at church it means a lot!

TheyCallMeX
02-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Jesus, I don't know how I missed this......

Niko I'm glad you're okay bro.

If you are having issues with the bill / deductible, I'm sure I can help....Don't hesitate to hit me up.

Medical bills are a bitch....I just had to cover a $8,500 deductible for my mother from a series of strokes. They don't waste time trying to get you for it all either

X

goodfella.
02-16-2012, 05:47 PM
.just a quick prayer as you go to sleep is better than nothing,right?...rocco:([/QUOTE]

You are very correct! Even if you dont believe in anything, or what your religious back round is, taking two minutes from everyones day to ask to give guidance and support to another in need can really go along way to that individual and his/her fam! As well, I'm positive just a simple card to him will raise his spirits!

Skeletor
02-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Glad you are doin better and thanx for letting us know how everything went!

niko
02-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Jesus, I don't know how I missed this......

Niko I'm glad you're okay bro.

If you are having issues with the bill / deductible, I'm sure I can help....Don't hesitate to hit me up.

Medical bills are a bitch....I just had to cover a $8,500 deductible for my mother from a series of strokes. They don't waste time trying to get you for it all either

X
Thanks, I have met my deductible but I who knows what the insurance company covers so we will see. I know my ER trips are $150 each time I went in before I was addmited which was 4 times $600 bones just for the ER. Sorry that happened to your mom I hope the best for her and ya those blood suckers dont waste any time!

guns01
02-17-2012, 07:45 PM
glad you are good to go to man. it's sad that it costs us so much money to get med attention that is needed

niko
02-21-2012, 01:54 PM
glad you are good to go to man. it's sad that it costs us so much money to get med attention that is needed
Thanks guns! Ya it is pathetic how expensive medical attention is even with health insurance. I cant imagine what my stint in the hospital would of cost me without it kind of scary to even think about.

MindlessWork
02-22-2012, 12:18 PM
My best wishes for his recovery and will keep him in my prayers