PDA

View Full Version : Pork Rinds!!!

guns01
03-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Does anyone indulge in a lil pork skin once in a while?

found this in mens health and was actually surprised.

Pork Rinds

Why you think they're bad: These puffy snacks are literally cut from pigskin. Then they're deep-fried.

Why they're not: A 1-ounce serving contains zero carbohydrates, 17 grams (g) of protein, and 9 g fat. That's nine times the protein and less fat than you'll find in a serving of carb-packed potato chips. Even better, 43 percent of a pork rind's fat is unsaturated, and most of that is oleic acid—the same healthy fat found in olive oil. Another 13 percent of its fat content is stearic acid, a type of saturated fat that's considered harmless, because it doesn't raise cholesterol levels.

Eat this: J&J Critters Microwave Pork Rinds ($6.50 for a 10-ounce container; www.microwaveporkrinds.com). Because the rinds are cooked and puffed in a microwave instead of deep-fried, each serving contains only 4 g fat—meaning they're lower in calories and less greasy than regular pork rinds.

geeezer
03-15-2012, 03:38 PM
There great on a low carbon diet. Atkins diet

Skeletor
03-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Ugh...not ever..never lol

apbt549
03-15-2012, 05:50 PM
i eat the shit out of them. alot when i was younger but not so much now..

they are damn good.....

guns01
03-15-2012, 06:14 PM
sodium is the only thing that kicks my ass now with them

apbt549
03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
i think pork rinds is a southern thing...

WidowMaker
03-15-2012, 08:57 PM
This only works for us powerlifters lol

JerkKILLER
03-16-2012, 12:38 PM
I used to eat the deep fried ones all the time. They are soooo YUMMY!!! They even have "hot" ones that were good too.
I stopped eating them though because I could literally see my waist getting larger within weeks of continually eating them =(

Microwaveable with lower fat content? AMAZING- Thats awesome! Now maybe I can start having one of my favorite snacks again. MMMMmmmmmm

No matter what anybody says..

Guns01, you are alright in my book ;)