PDA

View Full Version : Holllllllllllllllllllllllly %&%*CK!!

Born2Juice4Ever
03-17-2012, 04:38 AM
I got the bike yesterday....first time on a bike ever....like the palm of my hand....i can't get off of this thing!!

This has been a dream of mine for 10 years, and now I have realized it...unfucking real bros!!!

GSXR600 Suzuki.....fuel injected....I am so blessed and fortunate to have my health, friends, a strong career...and all the other things that com in life.

But this summer, I will be doing hundreds of kilometers on that baby!!

I will have to carry my meals in baggies! no joke!!!! I did that yesterday, although eating cold tilapia was not real cool!

B2J

guns01
03-17-2012, 07:21 AM
good for you man. now just watch all the idiots out there cause that is most likely what is going to get you hurt or killed man. happy motoring

baby1
03-17-2012, 07:32 AM
I will have to carry my meals in baggies! no joke!!!! I did that yesterday, although eating cold tilapia was not real cool!

B2J

Get a backpack for stuff while you ride. have fun and be safe!

Born2Juice4Ever
03-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Thank you.

Yes I have a pack back that fits perfectly. I used it yesterday for meals in baggies, and water !

It is going to be sunny all day today and tomorrow..I am going to hit it for a good 16 hours this weekend.---and if need be come back home for meals.

Guns when I got the bike yesterday I was thinking about you, when you posted that I need to be careful of OTHERS and not so much myself...and yes bro, I am doing that every step.
I still don't know anything about street riding, as those experiences will come with time and practice.---but I got a full tank hahahaha

B2J

baby1
03-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Fuso has a GSXR 750, but I think he is too big for it now,lol! He needs a HYbusa!

Born2Juice4Ever
03-17-2012, 08:45 AM
hahhahaah damn! the 750s are very gorgeous--and dangerous for somebody who loves speed and sexyness...and if he is too big for it then yeah....those busa things are HUGE!!!

B2J

guns01
03-17-2012, 08:50 AM
i dont know if they have it available where you are but a lot of the colleges around us have basic and advanced rider courses for street riding. it even lowers your interest costs also. hell, i have known guys that have been riding for 20 + years that said they learned some cool stuff from the courses. i had to take them because of my old job required it but it lowered my insurance 40%

JerkKILLER
03-17-2012, 02:52 PM
FYI- Backpacks suck and can be dangerous! If you have something in there weighing 5lbs or more, and the pack isnt totally full, nor strapped to your back as tight as you can get it, when you go around corners the weight will move around, can throw you off balance, and can even cause you to lose control and wreck your bike!! Trust me, I've almost done it myself and I'm an excellent rider. Been riding over 30 years.

You need to invest in a quality STRAP ON tank bag. [ The magnetic bags work good in theory but are also crap IMO ]

There's probably a good one strap on bag available from Suzuki or possibly even FOX (thats the brand I have). You have to remove your tank to install the straps, but then once the straps are on it works great. The bag attaches to the straps with quick-release buckes and can easily be removed. The good thing is, it holds more stuff than your backpack can, keeps the weight centered over your bike so you never have to worry about being thrown off balance, and even gives you a nice semi-comfortable cushion to lay on when your back starts aching from those long distance freeway rides.

Mine also has an expandable zipper on it. So when it's zipped "small" it will probably hold 12 cans of pop with room to spare. But if you have lots of stuff to carry like food, clothes, or an extra helmet, you unzip the zipper and it doubles in size by getting twice as tall.

Oh yeah, it also has a large clear window on the very top so you can put a map in there to help with directions, and the bag is mostly waterproof!

My FOX bag was $80 about 10yrs ago when I got it and it still works great. I have a metallic purple Honda CBR600 and it's a blast to drive. Nothing like doing 150mph+ down the freeway and still getting 50mpg LOL.

SFGiants
03-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Fuso has a GSXR 750, but I think he is too big for it now,lol! He needs a HYbusa!

FUZO needs a Harley a nice Hog to put around on!

Born2Juice4Ever
03-18-2012, 05:39 AM
Some great advise from experienced guys here...this is where the money is at.

Guns surprinsingly my insurance is ONLY 1200.00 per year!! To me that's nothing, because i was expecting to pay double that...based on what people were saying. But I have not had any tickets in 16 years, and my driving record is spotless...it will remain like that as well.
As far as taking ANY course, in Canada it does not affect insurance at all. Which defeats the purpose for taking the course...hummmm

Jerk I like the backpack...I saw others carry similar to those. It's tight around the body, and for sure this helps with balancing.
As far as the tank one...what I have found out on my own, is that when I hit the bike at 90+k/phour, my first action is to get low and hug the tank with my quads and rest my arms on it...I can't describe the experience of being on a bike at 100....I know it is not fast, but for the first 60 days of my license I CANNOT drive on high ways, so I can't open her any faster. I can only hit roads with 80kilometers max speed---law allows us to hit 95 without cops hitting our asses..but as soon as you pass 101 on an 80 zone you're fucked. Similar with 60k...if a cop sees you doing 72-75 you're ok..but the minute you pass into the 80s you're done.

Cops hate bikes, so I need to be careful. I broke the law several times yesterday hahahhahah

baby1
03-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Must be where you live cause we pay $450 a year for fuzo's bike insurance.

Born2Juice4Ever
03-18-2012, 06:02 AM
yes but he sounds like he has been riding a while...this is my first bike.
The girl said that if I brought my car over to their company, that the bike would only cost me 600.00
But also advised that I should bring the car after 12 months of being with them...which makes sense. Build reputation (no tickets), then she will lower me. WOW

B2J

baby1
03-18-2012, 06:04 AM
yes but he sounds like he has been riding a while...this is my first bike.
The girl said that if I brought my car over to their company, that the bike would only cost me 600.00
But also advised that I should bring the car after 12 months of being with them...which makes sense. Build reputation (no tickets), then she will lower me. WOW

B2J

He has had he bike for 4 years and that was the first. Naybe age amd marital status has some effect? Regardless, it is something you have to have so there is not much you can do about it.

Born2Juice4Ever
03-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Yesterday this prick on a van gets on my ass on a side street...I signal him to back off, he does but not much.
We come to a stop sign I look behind and tell him to back off...he smiled,
Then we met at another red night, side by side, I looked at him and said: hey man back off!!! he had his teen son with him.
The guy laughs and says: are you ok?
I fuckng lost it, and told him that i would knock his fat ass smile right off his face.....he drove away. WTF!!!! Is this the kind of thing that I am going to encounter on the road??

I was on fire for a while...no respect!!! And why instigate trouble!!

B2J

tilltheend
03-19-2012, 07:37 AM
If I ever get one of those I will be dead, I'll get an adrenaline rush and floor the fucking thing, hit a crack in the road and probably break every fucking bone and bleed in the street.

Blackfoot
03-19-2012, 10:09 PM
sipde - scan, identify, predict, determine, execute!

i remember this from the motorcycle safety course i took an i can say that this simple acronym has, without a doubt, saved my ass on more than one occassion.

and, most importantly, CONGRATS on your bike! nice choice man!!'

JerkKILLER
03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I know at first, the backpack idea makes sense. Yes, lots of other bikers use this so it's a common site, which unfortunately makes you think it better than it really is. Just because the other morons on the road use a backpack, it doesnt make it SAFE, or the correct thing to use, to haul your crap.

(if everyone jumps off a bridge because there's an imaginary pot of gold at the bottom of the river 500+ feet below, would you do it to!??)

It will NOT help with balancing because your body constantly moves front to back, left to right when operating a motorcycle on public roads. For anything to remain stable, the CG (center of gravity) needs to remain constant ie.- in the same position at all times. And there's NO WAY that can happen with a backpack on your back!

As I said, I've got 30yrs of riding experience under my belt. And at least half that is from riding on the street.

There WILL BE a time when you think everything's fine and you start whipping that thing around corners - slower speeds, very sharp turns ie. like canyon carving where you have to sit upright more, but TONS of fun! - and the weight in the backpack will try to throw you off the bike. You'll turn the bike left, you'll try to lean left, but the backpack will yank you hard to the right like a bully pushing you off your bmx bike in middle school. Remember those days lol? Same thing happens here.

With a strap on tank bag, the CG stays in the exact spot no matter if you are accelerating, decelerating, turning left or right, or sitting tall or hugging the tank. It remains constant and the bike's maneuverability stays controllable and predictable.

It's beginning physics man, did you skip that class in high school or what?

You can still hug the tank to go "supersonic" if you want. The bag is an excellent cushion to lay on.

(btw- thats probably before your time but it's from the Top Gun movie.. when Tom Cruise was racing the fighter plane on his crotch rocket. Anyone remember that? I bet Kruzzer and Geezer saw it lol)

Jerk I like the backpack...I saw others carry similar to those. It's tight around the body, and for sure this helps with balancing.
As far as the tank one...what I have found out on my own, is that when I hit the bike at 90+k/phour, my first action is to get low and hug the tank with my quads and rest my arms on it...

JerkKILLER
03-20-2012, 12:48 PM
On another note- did you know that you can't or at least shouldn't just hop on a bike and go?

That the bike needs to be set up specifically for the size/weight of the rider that's riding it, so he (or she) can get the absolute best performance and handling capabilities out of the bike ? It's true!

There's so many things that you should check/adjust and set specifically to your height and weight from such things as:

foot pegs (feet position)
shift lever adjustment
clutch lever freeplay
handlebar positions
brake handle freeplay
suspension sag
proper compression of front/ rear shocks
proper rebound of front/ rear shocks
TPS (throttle position sensor) adjustment

as well as cool add-ons such as: aftermarket fuel management systems, a higher windshield for better wind protection, frame sliders, and steering dampers.

It just so happens I have a sweet ass book that explains how to do all those things for the "do it yourselfer". With hundreds of color photographs covering everything. It's an excellent book on in LIKE NEW condition. It covers all years of the SUZUKI GSX-R and was made in 2004, but it still applies to the performance bikes of today. If you would like it, I'll hook you up (I dont have a GSX-R so I dont really need it).

The retail price in Canada is $30, but u can have it for $20 and I'll even mail it for free from the USA. (as long as shipping is under $10)

LMK man, tons of good info in here.

rmewrench
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
QUOTE=guns01;92206]i dont know if they have it available where you are but a lot of the colleges around us have basic and advanced rider courses for street riding. it even lowers your interest costs also. hell, i have known guys that have been riding for 20 + years that said they learned some cool stuff from the courses. i had to take them because of my old job required it but it lowered my insurance 40%[/QUOTE]

B2J4 take this advice... I got my first dirtbike at age 4. 1979 jr50... I still have it as a matter of fact..I grew up with a motor and two wheels under me. Anyways.. Got my first street bike in 02. I bought a brand new GSXR1000. went 4 up in the back and 520 chain and it was on.. A girl I was dating got me a beginners street course for my birthday. At first I thought it was an insult considering I'd been on bikes for 20+ years. It was acutally the begenners race course. They call it Street course so if you crash your insurance still covers the bike. Anyways.. I highly recommend fininding one of these. They will teach you exactly how to ride a machine like yours.. Do you know ,youre supposed to warm up your tires when you first start riding?? Do you know how to warm them?? little things like that could save your life..I have some pics of me on the track somewhere I'll post up..19061907

rmewrench
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM

rmewrench
03-20-2012, 03:58 PM

Born2Juice4Ever
03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Here she is fellas.
I ran 1000kilometers in 4 days. WOW!

My right hand feels shaky from the throatel....and today I drove in shorts...fuck it felt amazing.
I am going to get the full suit however, boots and leather pants this weekend.
I don't like running shoes, it hurts the left foot from the shifting.

wrench I will look into taking one of those course...they sound like a lot of fun!!

B2J

guns01
03-20-2012, 07:38 PM
stop riding in shorts you big ass momo. you hit the pavement wearing shorts and i bet you a paycheck you wont ever look at that bike the same again. even denim gives you a touch of protection. gloves and boots are a must too. not speaking from experience or anything lol

Born2Juice4Ever
03-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I am getting boots and pants this weekend bro...but fuck it gets so so hot in there.
The gloves I got killed my hands too...wtf...gave me blisters all over my left knockles from shifting. I paid 200.00 for those top gloves..the shop said that they would sell me another pair for half price.

I know guys in shorts are losers, I know...but its so so hot.

Today a guy got killed on the highway, he was on his motorcycle.

B2J

guns01
03-21-2012, 04:28 AM
bro, i seen a dude on the interstate here in a training video that rear ended a semi doing well over 100mph. his head was stuck into the back of the trailer and the driver didnt even know he got hit. he drug him for about 30 miles before someone waived him down.

JerkKILLER
03-21-2012, 01:19 PM
that's gotta hurt!

On the topic of sick/gross/disgusting sportbike injuries (and/or death), a buddy of mine sent me some pics years ago from some guy going too fast on a bike. Well, not actually him going too fast, but of the accident/crime scene after the crash and while the cops were picking up the pieces.

ARE U GUYS SITTING DOWN FOR THIS? IF YOU GET QUEEZY OR DONT LIKE BLOOD/GUTS, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!!

It appeared he was a beginner and had the throttle pegged, going as fast as he could go...

The pictures were at night and showed the outside of a fast food restaurant with solid brick walls. There was a 2' oddly shaped hole that was punched into the wall about 3 or 4 feet above the ground. A place where bricks were missing.

There were some very small metal pieces scattered randomly and very spread out, outside the building. But they were so small, you had no idea what they were from or what caused the hole. It even appeared that maybe somebody tried to break into the restaurant and the pieces were from whatever they used to try to punch thru the bricks. Like their tool broke and they left the scene unexpectedly.

Well, that couldnt be farther from the truth (sigh).

The next couple pictures showed what they found INSIDE the building.

1- A mans torso (just the hips, waist, back, and ribcage) wearing a shirt. There were no legs, arms, or head/neck. Everything was ripped off the body!

2- A banged up motorcycle engine.

That's it!!!

No other body parts, no frame, no plastic, no wheels/tires, no anything!

It was one of the sickest things I've ever seen in my life.

[Sportbikes are a blast, but if you dont respect them, they can kill you faster than a gun can!]

ARX International
03-30-2012, 05:13 AM
I got tired of cars not hearing me in traffic on a cbr900 so traded for a bigbear custom.....I feelt more comfortable being herd from the loud exhaust......crotch rockets u need to windem up to 13,000 rpm with the cruiser I get a lot more courtesy.....bourgets was the 1st but wrapped it around a pole after being out to late....wear a helmet..there fucking kool

guns01
03-30-2012, 05:58 AM
I got tired of cars not hearing me in traffic on a cbr900 so traded for a bigbear custom.....I feelt more comfortable being herd from the loud exhaust......crotch rockets u need to windem up to 13,000 rpm with the cruiser I get a lot more courtesy.....bourgets was the 1st but wrapped it around a pole after being out to late....wear a helmet..there fucking kool

arx you are a mad man haha. no way i would ride without a helmet

niko
03-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Bike looks sweet! Congrats and be safe!

rocco-x
03-30-2012, 06:26 PM
i can't wait to save enuff for a GSXR...dude i know,well my girlfriends friends husband,just got a off the shelf Ducati...a machine of machines but he's scared to ride it to its full potential.give it to me.i'll go out like a roman candle,lol...!

Born2Juice4Ever
03-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Bro Gixxer is the only way.

One of my good buddies...>I just took him to look at one too...he is getting the same as me, but he will be getting the 750. he is taller than me, and weights around 220.
But he fell in love with mine ..I don't blame him hahahahha

I did 170 on 3rd gear going into 4rh in freaking 8 seconds...AMAZING!!!

i pulled over shortly after and kissed the ground...what a feeling!!!

I gotta take it to the race track though. I think hitting 300k will open up my perspective in life.

B2J

guns01
03-31-2012, 06:02 AM
be easy man. remember speed kills and the pavement isnt to forgiving on your skin.