PDA

View Full Version : Marine critical of Obama faces possible dismissal (news)

JerkKILLER
03-22-2012, 02:09 PM
By David Jackson, USA TODAY

========================

A Marine sergeant who has been openly critical of President Obama on his Facebook page faces possible dismissal.

The Marine Corps notified Sgt. Gary Stein that he is in possible violation of a Pentagon policy barring troops from political activities over his page, Armed Forces Tea Party.

"I'm completely shocked that this is happening," Stein told the Associated Press. "I've done nothing wrong. I've only stated what our oath states that I will defend the constitution and that I will not follow unlawful orders. If that's a crime, what is America coming to?"

The Marine Corps said in a statement it has conducted a preliminary review of Stein's case. Stein is based at Camp Pendleton in San Diego.

"After reviewing the findings of the preliminary inquiry, the commander decided to address the allegations through administrative action," said the Corps, according to the AP.
=======================

Personally I applaud his efforts and hope the rest of the military personnel who disagrees with their orders (if unlawful), should also stand up and be heard. Its about Frikken time!

ZOOT
03-22-2012, 03:44 PM
So much for freedom of speech...everyone is so goddamn sensitive. Where are we heading, dictatorship? Christ

JerkKILLER
03-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Bumping this up =)