PDA

View Full Version : Randall Willis Shot His Wife Dead

geeezer
03-23-2012, 06:03 AM
A Florida man shot and killed his wife while she was sleeping on Tuesday because he didn't want her to feel anymore pain.

Randall Willis, 61, was arrested shortly after he called 911 to report that he'd shot his terminally ill wife, Gilda, in the head, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

The haunting tape, obtained by Bay News 9, details Willis' alleged confession to a dispatcher:

Willis: I just shot my wife.
Dispatch: What exactly happened?
Willis: She just suffered too much.

Willis then described the family's woes over her terminal illness, chronic pain, and the fact that he was being evicted that same day.

Willis: She needed her pills refilled, she was suffering. We’ve been through hell and I, I couldn’t see her suffer anymore. We were being evicted today.
Dispatch: So she's been sick?
Willis: Yes very sick. Many, many, many times.

Dispatch: Did you guys ever talk about her getting better?
Willis: We tried. We done everything we could to keep her alive, but her liver’s shot. She’s had so many strokes and seizures, hip implant, neck fusion, uh…

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/randall-willis-shot-his-wife_n_1373761.html

guns01
03-23-2012, 07:52 AM
man that is so sad. and now he will get in trouble and locked up cause he didnt want his love to suffer anymore pain

SFGiants
03-23-2012, 09:02 AM
man that is so sad. and now he will get in trouble and locked up cause he didnt want his love to suffer anymore pain

The decision to take her life was stupid and not a call that is his to make.

guns01
03-23-2012, 12:17 PM
The decision to take her life was stupid and not a call that is his to make.

love knows no laws or boundries and i am pretty sure these guys were married for 30+ or more years. i know that it isnt right nor legal but on the other hand if i was on my death bed and in seriously excrutiating pain and their was 0 chance that i would get well, i would like to have the right to make my own choice or put my choice in writing that is what i wanted. i wouldnt want to go through it myself nor put my family and friends through it either. like i said though i know that it is wrong and illegal but i would bet that they had agreed on it

JerkKILLER
03-23-2012, 01:00 PM
yeah, its too bad, kind of sad really. Sounds like he thought it was the best thing he could do for her.

And if he's really getting evicted, at least jail/prison is going to be a place to live with 3 warm meals a day at no expense for him. (In the overall scheme of things, its a bad way to go I agree, but if you don't have any other choice in life... )

For those of you who are going to yell the first thing that comes to mind: "of course there's a choice, there's always a choice.!. blah blah"

How the hell do you know!?
Were you raised by his family when you were a little kid? Did your siblings have to fight over the couple scraps of food dad could barely afford to put on the table? Did you have a falling out with your cousins when you were growing up? Did you walk 10 miles each way to school in 3 feet of snow with nothing on except sandals and a pair of shorts and a T-shirt? Did u fail the same classes in high school? Did your first love break your heart and cheat on you with your best friend? Did you get fired from your first job (making 5 cents an hour btw) of shoveling horse shit because your co-worker who didn't like you, told the boss you were doing it wrong?

ETC ETC ETC!!

Unless you were this guys twin brother, and grew up next to him from the day you were born, you have no idea what the hell he's been thru and what choices (or lack of) that he had, or what exactly brought him to the place where he's at now. NO IDEA!!

So save your "quick to judge" attitudes and keep them to yourself. Sometimes people go thru HELL on this earth and you have no right to say anything about their decisions in life.

If he loved his wife, if he thought he was doing the right thing, and if he's comfortable with his relationship with his God/Creator/Lord over everything, then in the grand scheme of things it's all good. Because in the end, God is the only one he needs to worry about answering to.