PDA

View Full Version : happy birthday to me!

ChemicallyEngineered
04-02-2012, 04:21 AM
Today is my 37th birthday, what better day to get back into the swing of things. I spent some time yesterday prepping some of my meals for this week. I made up my lbof barilla plus pasta, 2lbs of chicken, turkey for sandwhiches and a little over 1/2lb of haddock from dinner last night. I also have my jar of pb and j and my loaf of potatoe bread. I've managed to maintain 215lbs with this month off of the gym so hopefully i will have a good opportunity to push that number well into the 220's.

My wife surprised me last night with a new GASP utility t, A gasp jersey long sleeve, a gasp towel and better body workout gloves. I really do have the best wife. I just had a steak sandwhich for breakfast along with some beef liver tabs. In a bit i'll head to the gym for some back/traps. Later guys!!

baby1
04-02-2012, 04:35 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a great day!

Wow are you disciplined,lol! Do you cook a whole turkey and then slice it up for sandwiches?

guns01
04-02-2012, 04:49 AM
have a great birthday man. mine hooked the gasp up for valentine's day. good stuff man

ChemicallyEngineered
04-02-2012, 04:52 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a great day!

Wow are you disciplined,lol! Do you cook a whole turkey and then slice it up for sandwiches?
No I didn't cook the whole turkey, just some boars head cracked pepercorn turkey. I do have to say that for me the prepping on sunday is something i've only been doing since late 2011 but it really does make a huge difference. I save a lot of money over eating out, i eat much more consisitently and my results have improved.

geeezer
04-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Happy Birthday Young Man.
Good luck on you Goals.

guns01
04-02-2012, 04:59 AM
No I didn't cook the whole turkey, just some boars head cracked pepercorn turkey. I do have to say that for me the prepping on sunday is something i've only been doing since late 2011 but it really does make a huge difference. I save a lot of money over eating out, i eat much more consisitently and my results have improved.

the one thing that i carried over from the military was time management. that is the only way that i was able to be successful and keep making good progress during my career with bodybuilding. cook up all the meals for the week and tote them bad boys everywhere i had to go.

you going to splurge a bit and have some cake and ice cream? my big ass has missed my last 3 birthdays prepping so i had late birthday parties haha

Yohimbe
04-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Happy birthday bro.

ChemicallyEngineered
04-03-2012, 06:51 AM
the one thing that i carried over from the military was time management. that is the only way that i was able to be successful and keep making good progress during my career with bodybuilding. cook up all the meals for the week and tote them bad boys everywhere i had to go.

you going to splurge a bit and have some cake and ice cream? my big ass has missed my last 3 birthdays prepping so i had late birthday parties haha
we had a nice roast beef dinner at my moms last night and a cake afterwords. I've been blessed/cursed with a pretty quick metabolism and the ability to eat a lot more carbs than some of my peers so i do enjoy a god amount of treats. I keep toying with the idea of stepping on stage after my 40th but i'm not sure where i'll be at that point in my life, there's a big difference between looking good and stepping on stage. It's funny how regular folks don't understand the difference between the 2. I was told by a mentor that "Prep separates the men from the boys. Anybody can train, that's the easy part. " how true that is.

guns01
04-03-2012, 07:12 AM
we had a nice roast beef dinner at my moms last night and a cake afterwords. I've been blessed/cursed with a pretty quick metabolism and the ability to eat a lot more carbs than some of my peers so i do enjoy a god amount of treats. I keep toying with the idea of stepping on stage after my 40th but i'm not sure where i'll be at that point in my life, there's a big difference between looking good and stepping on stage. It's funny how regular folks don't understand the difference between the 2. I was told by a mentor that "Prep separates the men from the boys. Anybody can train, that's the easy part. " how true that is.

that most certainly is a fact man. best advice i can give if you want to go that route, is to make sure you have nothing on your plate for 12-16wks minimum(birthdays anniversaries, travel,etc...) the training is def not the hard part. the diet and timing of the meals with consistancy is what will make or break you when you step up on the stage. good luck to you man, i would be more than willing to help you out if you do decide to make the commitment to competition

Patriot1405
04-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Happy birthday big man!!

Big Dan
04-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Happy Birthday Brother!!!

niko
04-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Merry B-DAY

ChemicallyEngineered
04-03-2012, 07:43 PM
that most certainly is a fact man. best advice i can give if you want to go that route, is to make sure you have nothing on your plate for 12-16wks minimum(birthdays anniversaries, travel,etc...) the training is def not the hard part. the diet and timing of the meals with consistancy is what will make or break you when you step up on the stage. good luck to you man, i would be more than willing to help you out if you do decide to make the commitment to competition
I appreciate it guns, its definitely way too early to decide. I know that no matter what i decide i am a bodybuilder till the day i can't wipe my own ass anymore.

FUZO
04-03-2012, 11:11 PM
HAPPY B-DAY

ChemicallyEngineered
04-04-2012, 04:29 AM
Thanks FIST and FUZO. It's good to be back in the swing of things.