PDA

View Full Version : Youth of today

apbt549
04-21-2012, 02:45 PM
i turned 40 this year and i walk around and watch the youth of today and just shake my head. it seems they have no drive. my wife has 3 kis i've been with her for 4years now. current her middle daughter is 16 going to be 17 in 5 months and she spends weekends mostly in her room. she doesnt have a driver license she just got her learners permit so she cant get her license until after she turns 17. i just walk around shaking my head. i dont want to sound like an old man but she could care less if she get a license or not it seems. i know when i was 16 i had a car and my license and my parnets didnt buy my car or any of my cars. i told my wife i never spent weekends in my room i was either at work or on a date or with my friends on weekends..i just dont unerstand the youth...

years ago her oldest daughter was 16 or 17 and her boyfriend was at there house a lazy fuck(boyfriend) who watched her mother and me bring in groceries while he laid on the couch. this boy didnt have a car or a job i asked her daughter wtf are doing with this clown? what do you guys do go to his house and watch movies has his mother picks you up. i wouldnt have the balls to ask a girl out when i was that age and not have no wheels..her oldest daughter is very cute but these were the types of guys she went out with.. i said something to her about that lazy ass boy and 2 days later she dumped him.. i told her to set your standards higher and you'll get a boy who has some drive.....

seems the new geration doesnt seem to care or have any drive they just want things given to them...:mad:

baby1
04-21-2012, 02:49 PM
You are so right! I think bad eating and electronics play a part in this, imo.

apbt549
04-21-2012, 02:55 PM
i think your right baby..

when i was growing up and school wasnt in my mom fed my borther and i breakfast and then opened the front door and told us to go play in the yard the woods need soemthing to drink get something out of the hose i'll call you guys when its lucnch time none of that stuff laying in the house all day...

guns01
04-21-2012, 03:23 PM
those two things along with no sense of drive, no respect and no true value on the dollar in their pockets. this upcoming generation and the majority of out current society is pure garbage and it makes me sick at my stomach. sad thing is, that we allow it to go this way. when we were kids no one went to school and blasted everyone and all the other bs teens pull today. why is that? cause they knew that if they stepped out of line their parents where going to whip their asses good. that is where the failure starts and just snowballs out of hand

apbt549
04-21-2012, 03:30 PM
i agree guns...it has been a tough fight with my wife and her kids trying to teach them if they want something get off your ass and get it...when i was in high school i played football during the season but i also worked 40 plus hrs during the summer so i could afford to play football. youth of today wants things just given to them...

her kids for the most part are good but today her son who is 12 raised his voice to his mother i walked back in and told him you raise your voice to her one more time and i'll go up side your head..

stacker1
04-22-2012, 01:33 PM
I agree, looking at the youth of today is frustrating as hell. The sense of entitlement that today's kids feel that they have is sickening. When I was a teenager, I was in the gym 5 days a week, worked three days a week busing tables and taking orders at my family's restaurant so I could afford to put gas in my car, which my parents were nice enough to co-sign for so I could get a loan to pay for it, I didn't expect my parents to pay for my stuff. Now our son, who my wife and I got a job for at my family's restaurant, comes home after work bitching about how lazy the other kids are that he has to work with. A friend of mine is a high school gym teacher and we talk once in a while about how many of the kids lift weights or stay in shape and he said it is getting pathetic where he teaches. Kids are lazy as hell and have no motivation.

Stacker...

Yohimbe
04-22-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree, looking at the youth of today is frustrating as hell. The sense of entitlement that today's kids feel that they have is sickening.

Stacker...

Man I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices that. It seems like kids now days think they're just entitled to everything. I never remember anyone having that attitude when I was younger. We worked our asses off for everything we had and if we couldn't get something, we worked harder for it. Now I know all kids aren't like that, but I'd say the vast majority are. I shake my head a lot at the youth of today.

guns01
04-23-2012, 04:59 AM
Man I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices that. It seems like kids now days think they're just entitled to everything. I never remember anyone having that attitude when I was younger. We worked our asses off for everything we had and if we couldn't get something, we worked harder for it. Now I know all kids aren't like that, but I'd say the vast majority are. I shake my head a lot at the youth of today.

the sad thing about this is our generation gap isnt that big with these kids

baby1
04-23-2012, 08:45 AM
They all need a swift kick in the ass!

apbt549
04-23-2012, 06:14 PM
They all need a swift kick in the ass!

well said baby.....

apbt549
04-23-2012, 06:19 PM
it goes down to the parnets. my wife never really had a man around her kids when her and the father of them got divorced most guys seen it has not there problem...so she never really put her foot in there ass so to speak.. she would just let them kinda do as they please to try and make up not having the money or what ever for them..

i was rasied by a southern man as my father and you didnt do certain things growing up one was walk in front of him if you did you'd get a kick in the ass and he'd look at you and tell you to move next time and you wont get kicked. another thing was reach across his dinner plate that would get you stabbed with his fork.. another was and this was a big one you did not eat before he sat down at the dinner table to eat also.. this was the man who made the money to pay for this meal the least you could do was wait on him...

these kids dont have that type of respect it seems...