PDA

View Full Version : Surgery coming up Thursday

stacker1
05-29-2012, 08:48 PM
I have surgery Thursday for a long head bicep tendon tear but there may be some rotator cuff issues as well, but they will not know for sure until they get in there. At the very best, I will be out of the gym for about 3-4 months, worst case scenario, I will be out for about 6-7 months...in 24 years of bodybuilding, I have torn and popped more things than you can imagine, but I have never had off more than a 6 or so weeks due to an injury, kinda bummed out about this, but my intentions are to recovery the best I can and get ready to compete again in 2014. Gonna give'r hell. Wish me luck:-)

Stacker...

guns01
05-30-2012, 05:00 AM
good luck man and i wish you a very successful and speedy recovery. hopefully their are no rotator issues in there and it is just the bicep tendon

baby1
05-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Best of luck to you for a successful surgery and recovery!

apbt549
05-30-2012, 07:48 AM
good luck.. i had a bicep tendon tear a few yrs ago and was out a yr...

what ever you do listen to your dr.. my dr told me if i hit the gym heavy to soon i'll be back in his office...i started rehab the next day after surgery and that was painful.. but get in there and look at the end goal get in there do your rehab and get back in the gym...

good luck....put your goal up there is getting your ass back in the gym..

ChemicallyEngineered
05-31-2012, 03:46 AM
I wish you a speedy recovery as well. I know i'm a stubborn sob when it comes to injuries so I know about that internal struggle with wanting to return to training. Like apt said, keep your eyes on the end goal but remember it's a process to get back there.

baby1
06-04-2012, 07:35 AM
I have surgery Thursday for a long head bicep tendon tear but there may be some rotator cuff issues as well, but they will not know for sure until they get in there. At the very best, I will be out of the gym for about 3-4 months, worst case scenario, I will be out for about 6-7 months...in 24 years of bodybuilding, I have torn and popped more things than you can imagine, but I have never had off more than a 6 or so weeks due to an injury, kinda bummed out about this, but my intentions are to recovery the best I can and get ready to compete again in 2014. Gonna give'r hell. Wish me luck:-)

Stacker...

How did the surgery go and how is recovery going? Let us know how you are doing.

Skeletor
06-04-2012, 05:18 PM
good luck and yes, hope u have a speedy recovery my bro

stacker1
06-04-2012, 08:52 PM
In recovery mode now, typing with one hand kinda sucks so I'll make it brief. It turned out better than we had hoped, there was some minor rotator cuff damage but they were able to shave it or do a clean-up instead of a full repair which will shave about 3-4 months off mt recovery time. They had to re-attach the long head bicep tendon...doc says I'll be back in the gym in 3 months so that's not as bad as what it could have been.

Stacker...

baby1
06-05-2012, 05:56 AM
In recovery mode now, typing with one hand kinda sucks so I'll make it brief. It turned out better than we had hoped, there was some minor rotator cuff damage but they were able to shave it or do a clean-up instead of a full repair which will shave about 3-4 months off mt recovery time. They had to re-attach the long head bicep tendon...doc says I'll be back in the gym in 3 months so that's not as bad as what it could have been.

Stacker...

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you are doing well. Will you have PT for your recovery?

guns01
06-05-2012, 07:03 AM

Stacker...

good stuff and great news man