PDA

View Full Version : getting a new house

apbt549
07-24-2012, 06:39 PM
i have been trying for the last month or so to get a new house. my current home i built back in 95 and i am way under water in it like its worth maybe 25% what i owe on it.. damn ex wife and her credit cards...

i've been trying to get her name off of the mortage for the last 4yrs tired to get the loan modified to get the intrest rate changed no luck BoA wont help with anything.. so i said screw it you can have the damn house.. therehas been alot of section 8 houses around here now so the value is on the floor.

when i first got divorced BoA said i couldnt make the payments well 4 yrs later i've made every one and on time so BoA :mad: fuck off...

so with my current wife and my step father we should find out in a day or so...

guns01
07-24-2012, 07:15 PM
that's great news man. hopefully you will get it apbt

Skeletor
07-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Good luck to you apbt..hope it goes your way

ChemicallyEngineered
07-25-2012, 03:43 AM
i hope you get your new house. It really sucks that 17years later you can't at least break even on the house. This market is horseshit for selling but prime for buying. We got our house as a short sale last year and we got an interest rate of 3.8%. We couldn't have asked for more. The house needed some cosmetic work but we are 2/3 remodeled and the value has already gone up with our improvements. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

baby1
07-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Best of luck to you!!!!

apbt549
07-25-2012, 08:38 AM
thanks guys.. the one i am looking at is a short sale the same size property has my current house and is 2 times the size of my current house and is 300.00 less per month then my current house..

should find out today hopefully...

Yohimbe
07-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you brotha. Hope it works out in your favor.

Born2Juice4Ever
07-27-2012, 04:03 AM
The banks are impossible to deal with at times. Their internal bullshit is often not interchangeable, which makes life hard.

Here in Canada everyone is looking and has been purchasing over in teh U.S.---properties by the water or so, valued at LOW prices makes it hard for one not to want to invest. A condo by the water normally priced at 300k worth 80k right now??? WOW!!!

Our homes are more expensive than ever, it is def not a buyers market at the moment over here.

B2J

apbt549
07-28-2012, 03:08 PM
seems we are getting some where now.. getting an aperisal this week...

man this is a pain in the ass...why i havent moved since 95...

ChemicallyEngineered
07-28-2012, 09:11 PM
it took us from april to september to get our house after we picked it out. We had to jump through hoops. We had to submit 2 years of taxes and then they wanted a third year. Then they misplaced the forms. then we had to wait for the bank and the FHA people to get their communications straight. Every time i deposited money into my wifes account to go towards the downpayment i had to show my withdrawl slip from my bank and also my pay stub. My parents were giving me 6k bucks and my mother had to get a bank check and write a letter gifting the money to us. we had to get the inspection, the appraisal, the home owners insurance. Because the had re-mortgaged the house and because they owed $21k in back taxes all of the fees to do the title search were increased. the downpayment was the easy part, that was only 6k. but when you add in all the extras we probably laid out another 4k. Then the closing costs were another 15k. Then we were close to missing the date that we had our maortgage rate locked into and if it passed then we would have to apply for the mortgage all over again. Crazy red tape bullshit. BUT it is all behind us now and i couldnt be happier and my dad was very proud of me for getting my shit together and providing a home for my family.