PDA

View Full Version : Personal training business start up...???

Born2Juice4Ever
08-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Hey team,

quick load down:

I am a CFO it was my first university studies....down the line in my early 30s I got into the hospitality industry, went back to school to get papers as a chef.
I have owned a bistro for now 4 years successfully.

1.5 years ago, I decided to yet make another leap and took a bunch of certifications and became a personal trainer full time.
I have been working for a huge corporation since then. I currently have top 100 out of over 5000 trainers across Canada. I went from making 0.00 last April to building a business that is on average to make 70k this year.
The corporation provides all the opportunity and as a self employed trainer, I make my own hours, work as much as want.

NOW I came across the concept: OWN PERSONAL TRAINING company, train people at their homes.
This one guy started HIS company 7 years ago and has been doing well so far.
he is expanding and looking to get into my area, and is looking for either investors to franchise, or trainers to work under him.

I know there are long time trainers around. Do any of you own your own business as sole propriators???

The meeting with the guy is tomorrow at 2PM....he has actually flown far to meet with me...but I TOLD HIM I would not be ready to commit over just one single meeting---no right man would do that!

Why am I doing this? Because I want to make more money.
my buddy did this some years ago, and he is now doing so so well!!!''

Money drives me, I am ambicious, single and with big dreams.

THoughts please!!

B2j

Born2Juice4Ever
08-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Went to meet with this guy today.

20 minutes into the conversation he became defensive because I started asking him direct questions. Good questions.

at 28 minutes into the chat, I ended it.
So for 8 minutes I held him there, waiting for him to break, but he stayed defensive all the way.

It is unfortunate if HE thought that I would make a decision and 'go' with him based on a conversation at a coffee shop.
NOBODY in the right state of mind, would make such a huge business decision over a cup of coffee...lets be real for a second!!!

B2J