PDA

View Full Version : CCW

apbt549
08-22-2012, 06:42 PM
any of you guys have a CCW? i got mine a few months back and looking at getting a pistol. i went and looked at the compact glocks but they have finger grips on the handle and my hands dont fit the grips. i friend of mine brought his glock30 by my work today its a .45cal and that things feels nice might go get one this week..

or do any of you guys have any pistols...

Yohimbe
08-22-2012, 07:47 PM
I've been thinking about getting mine too bro. I know what you mean with the compact glocks having the finger grips on the handles. I didn't like that either. My brother's is a .45cal also and it does feel very comfortable to me too.

apbt549
08-23-2012, 05:56 AM
it wasnt very hard to get.. dont know why i didnt do it sooner.. going to look again this week.. i almost bought and H&k 40cal but its almost double what the glocks are..

guns01
08-23-2012, 06:22 AM
had mine for a very long time. the wife just got her's a couple weeks ago. now you realize you can get different grips to put on glocks right? there is a ton of different and very nice carry guns out there just have to mess around and find the one that is comfortable and you can still hit something with. it is also nice that you arent looking to carry a 25 or a 380. go ahead and shoot me with one of those from 5ft or more away and see what happens to you lol

apbt549
08-23-2012, 06:17 PM
had mine for a very long time. the wife just got her's a couple weeks ago. now you realize you can get different grips to put on glocks right? there is a ton of different and very nice carry guns out there just have to mess around and find the one that is comfortable and you can still hit something with. it is also nice that you arent looking to carry a 25 or a 380. go ahead and shoot me with one of those from 5ft or more away and see what happens to you lol

lol thats what i was told by a good friend he said not to get anything smaller then a 40cal. got another friend in ny that was a ranger he has helped me with this also.. might end up getting a 45cal the glock 30..

the finger grips are part of the handle i was told i need to get a 1st generation if i want a 40cal that doesnt have them.. i think after i get some pistols one to carry and then a full size with a laser for the house i am going to see about an AK47 and a AR..

guns01
08-25-2012, 07:38 AM
lol thats what i was told by a good friend he said not to get anything smaller then a 40cal. got another friend in ny that was a ranger he has helped me with this also.. might end up getting a 45cal the glock 30..

the finger grips are part of the handle i was told i need to get a 1st generation if i want a 40cal that doesnt have them.. i think after i get some pistols one to carry and then a full size with a laser for the house i am going to see about an AK47 and a AR..

be easy with what you choose man. i know your wife or gf has kids correct? being a firearms instructor myself what we teach students when choosing weapons is penetration power is most important. you want to kill an intruder and not have the projectile to over penetrate and continue through where you live. now the 40 and 45 is perfect for that as long as you dont live in an apartment. 9mm and such will hit go through and continue through other houses. on the ar/ak type of weapons for home defense. they are cool and all and the ak will knock the piss out of someone but just like the 9mm, they tend to over penetrate even concrete and brick. solution, a shotgun. the 12 guage with some 00 buck will def ruin someones day with a quickness. 2 00 buck and a couple of slugs to finish the job or reach out and touch someone is what we taught for security. an added bene is the wife can use it as well and not put her on her bum. just some things to think about in home defense

apbt549
08-26-2012, 10:39 AM
i just wanted to get a AR or an AK just to have one. got a friend of mine that lives in NY who told me the 12 ga pump shot gun is one of the best home defense wepons out there. i might also get one of those. i also know they have different bullets that split up when they hit so they dont over penatrate..

now her son is really into guns like i would think most 12yr olds. i was into guns growing up also but guns werent no big deal for me bc i was always around them with my dad.. i am going to look into a safety school for guns for him if he wants to shoot with me. i'll make him take the school before i let him touch a gun or go with me. i have already talked to him about the guns i already have. already told him these are NOT toys one mistake and your dead or your buddy is dead..

something to spend money i guess...

guns01
08-26-2012, 11:49 AM
the nra offers some great classes and programs apbt. i am certified to teach through them with handguns shotguns and stuff.

its great to teach them about them though. i grew up with and around guns my whole life and never had 1 issue. the only oh no moment i actually had was when i was 20 and trying to ride the bolt down on a primmer on my uncle's muzzle loader. i had never used the weapon before and the bolt stuck and when i let it go it went off. being safety consicious i had it pointed in a safe direction when she fired. that is the only time i have had a firearm discharge on me when i didnt intend for it to