PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any experience with Inversion Tables and Personal Massage Devices?

Ezskanken
11-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Been researching a personal massage device for a bit now, and pulled the trigger on the Thumper Mini Pro 2 today:

http://www.thumpermassager.com/minipro.html

Very excited for this. Seems to be a great tool to have handy. Everything about looks good on paper and from testimonials. Even massage therapist reviews on youtube came back favorable. I have chronic tightness in my hamstrings, which pulls on the back, giving me an aching back most days that I've learned to love with for now. Went to a chiropractor some years ago with great success, which leads meto my next question. Besides adjustments, anybody ever try an inversion table? I'm looking at something like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Inversion-Tables/17164430

Prices seem to vary dramatically amongst models, so I'm to really sure what's up. Guess I need read up more on the specs of each to see the difference.

Anyway, just looking for some feedback. Thank you...

guns01
11-05-2012, 06:51 PM
i dont have any experience with that bad boy but i do get deep tissue done on my legs and back 2x a month. i have a wrecked back and it helps a ton and is worth the money. the best people to do it of course are message therapists with sports med back ground. it not only takes my pain away but it broke up a ton of scare tissue and my muscle grows better in those areas as well. i highly suggest it to anyone. only reason i stumbled onto it is that i was blown up and compressed my verts in my lower back. traction chiro, heat and ultrasound helped a little bit but not like them breaking up the area with deep tissue.

Ezskanken
11-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks guns! That's what I wanted to see.

ZOOT
11-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I have an inversion table...love it..stretches me out nice and good..click click click. I do ab workouts on it as well. Before I bought mine I looked around and they all seemed pretty much the same so I went middle of the road price wise

Ezskanken
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I have an inversion table...love it..stretches me out nice and good..click click click. I do ab workouts on it as well. Before I bought mine I looked around and they all seemed pretty much the same so I went middle of the road price wise

Does it actually align your back, making those sounds? If so I'm sold! How long you hang on it?

ZOOT
11-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I spend diff time on diff angles...some days are more comfortable than others so I go with what the body tells me it will take. But I look at it like this...we spend all our life being pulled into the ground by gravity, might as well turn up and pull the other way..lol. Seriously it has helped and I have major disk problems in the lumbar, thoracic and cervical sections of my spine..basically my back is wrecked. When I go complete inversion I put a lil pressure under the chin and get a good neck crack as well

Ezskanken
11-05-2012, 08:12 PM
I spend diff time on diff angles...some days are more comfortable than others so I go with what the body tells me it will take. But I look at it like this...we spend all our life being pulled into the ground by gravity, might as well turn up and pull the other way..lol. Seriously it has helped and I have major disk problems in the lumbar, thoracic and cervical sections of my spine..basically my back is wrecked. When I go complete inversion I put a lil pressure under the chin and get a good neck crack as well

You getting me all excited for this inversion table ha ha, I really think this along with the mini pro 2 will be a great combo.

Yohimbe
11-06-2012, 02:19 AM
I've actually been looking into the inversion tables too If it really does work well aligning your back I'm definitely getting one. That combined with the deep tissue massage would do wonders for me I think.

Ezskanken
11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I've actually been looking into the inversion tables too If it really does work well aligning your back I'm definitely getting one. That combined with the deep tissue massage would do wonders for me I think.

I'm with you on this, I'm thinking this combo will work "synergistically" (LOL!) together. Should have that deep tissue massager by the end of the week, excited to try it out. Rolling around on a softball isn't fun at all ha ha.

apbt549
11-06-2012, 06:44 PM
i try to get a deep tissue massage atleast once a month.. i am sore afterwards and like guns said it seems to help..