PDA

View Full Version : my Eulogy for my Dad

ChemicallyEngineered
11-08-2012, 05:19 AM
My dad was my hero. He was everything a man was supposed to be. He could fix anything and he everything about everything. He was the ultimate protector and provider. He was quiet and reserved but inside he was also passionate. He was passionate when it came to friends and family and he would move heaven and earth for them. He was always the first one to lend a helping hand.

Despite his rough exterior, my dad was a romantic guy. My dad called my mom "babe" and he kissed her goodbye every morning before work. After forty years of marriage they were still best friends. On valentines day he got roses and chocolates for my mother, my wife and my brothers girlfriend. He wanted everyone to feel special and loved.

My whole life I looked up to this larger than life role model and I wondered "how would i measure up?" My talents and passions were so different from my fathers. When i decided to compete in bodybuilding show, his eyes welled up with tears. It meant so much to me that he was proud of me for working so hard to acheive my dream even though it was different from his.

When i became a repair techician for planet fitness he was in his glory buying tools for his son, Even though he probably figured i would get hurt using them. It was a great way for us to forge a new bond. I would call him for advice and he had helped me with quite a few projects.

While all of these experiences were great, nothing compared to seeing him with my son. Their bond was priceless. I will always my dad coming up the stairs after work and my son running over to him. When it was time for us to leave he would say "I love you buddy!"

One day the three of us were in my parents kitchen and i turned to my son and said "Vinny, you are so lucky because you have the best papa in the world." To which my father responded "No Vinny, you're lucky because you have the best daddy in the world." I never thought i would ever be able to repay my father for all the tings that he had done for me but at that moment i realized that he was proud of me for the man i had become and that was the best way i could repay him.

The joke is often made about the moment someone realizes that they are becoming like their parents and the shock and horror at the thought but i would be honored to be compared to my father.

baby1
11-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Absolutely beautiful!!! Sounds like your father was an excellent role model for you in many ways. This is so important and it is what has molded you into the person and father you are today!

guns01
11-08-2012, 12:02 PM
idk what to say man. you did very well sir

ZOOT
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Touching bro..very nice last sentence...Your Dad would be, and is, proud

niko
11-08-2012, 06:21 PM
You are one of the lucky ones to have a dad like yours. So sorry for your loss, I'm positive he will be with you for the rest of your life.

Skeletor
11-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Great eulogy my friend..

Yohimbe
11-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Very touching brother