PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day

guns01
11-10-2012, 06:28 AM
today is a day to remember those that came before us to serve this country, those that gave a little and those that gave it all. dont forget to say thank you to those guys and or have a beer or drink in their honor.

i will share a veteran's experience with you guys about meeting some vets. i have visited a few veteran's hospitals in my time as an active duty guy and as a patient. it blows me away to have an old man in a wheelchair on a walker or that is bed ridden that will thank me for my service and what great things i did for this country. i had to back track on them and say no sir, thank you for you service and sacrifices that you made and you gentlemen are really the greatest generation and that i am sorry for my generation ruining what you guys did in your time. i spent a bit of time with a korean war vet and just listening to what he had to face on a daily basis during his entire career is just unbelievable. if you want a very humbling experience and are into volunteer some of your time go visit and volunteer at one of your va facilities. most of these guys just want someone to hang out and talk with them.

baby1
11-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Happy Veterans Day to all who have served!!! Thank YOU!!!!

apbt549
11-10-2012, 02:44 PM
thank you vets....

apbt549
11-10-2012, 02:46 PM
today is a day to remember those that came before us to serve this country, those that gave a little and those that gave it all. dont forget to say thank you to those guys and or have a beer or drink in their honor.

i will share a veteran's experience with you guys about meeting some vets. i have visited a few veteran's hospitals in my time as an active duty guy and as a patient. it blows me away to have an old man in a wheelchair on a walker or that is bed ridden that will thank me for my service and what great things i did for this country. i had to back track on them and say no sir, thank you for you service and sacrifices that you made and you gentlemen are really the greatest generation and that i am sorry for my generation ruining what you guys did in your time. i spent a bit of time with a korean war vet and just listening to what he had to face on a daily basis during his entire career is just unbelievable. if you want a very humbling experience and are into volunteer some of your time go visit and volunteer at one of your va facilities. most of these guys just want someone to hang out and talk with them.

guns very good point.. we are loosing that generation and the WWII genration also.. sad to see them go.. i love to listen to those guys and there stories...

kingvillan
11-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Hope everyone thinks and appreciates what this day means....everyone have a good Veteran's Day and be safe!