PDA

View Full Version : i hate guys at the gym that try to show off and be loud

teamgenetics
03-16-2008, 01:11 AM
ya, there isnt a general discussion part of this board, so i thought i'd post it here, i fucking hate guys at the gym who think they are the shit and try to show off to girls and be loud and goofy at the gym. its a rant, i hate them, if you are like that, then fuck you, i hate you go work out at a fucking bally's fitness or something :):eek:

jtooswol
03-16-2008, 02:16 AM
I must agree somewhat, when i go the gym im totally focused on lifting weights and nothing else. I change my clothes, hook up my ipod, and get to work! Please bro's, if you take your cell phone to the gym...leave it in the locker room. I hate waiting for a bench/machine/treadmill/ab roller or anything in the gym while a dude is texting or talking on his cell. When you come to the gym you should dedicate an hour or however long it takes you, to strictly working out and improving your physical fitness.

Whimp
03-16-2008, 06:23 AM
I hear ya Brothers.Psss me off also.

teamgenetics
03-16-2008, 09:46 AM
ya, j... when if my workout partner brings his cell phone in on accident, i bust his ass lol. I got a membership at this gym becuz its a actual gym gym and not a pussy gym. Last gym i was at had nothing but hot ass girls and i couldnt concetrate, ya i know, thats my fault, but when there is like 50 hott girls there at the same time it can be very distracting. At the gym im at now there's just some older hot women that are doing fitness comps, which arnt distracting becuz they are dedicated. point being, i love my new gym, when i workout there i am 100% focused.

aleviti
03-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Im glad u brought that up. Listen i train most of the time in Manhattan round the time ppl get outta work or right before the gym closes and let me tell you being 280 6'2 trying to train my ass off becomes an issue sometimes. Most of the ppl are on their phones talking bout work and business bullshit all the time or chatting with their buddies bout work or how good was their vacation last month...fuck. Then when u actually find space to finally train u have fucking 90lbs "personal trainers" coming up to u trying explain to u how to do curls and pull up and shit. So i feel u guys on this whole distraction thing.

eeee
03-16-2008, 04:05 PM
i am not the biggest, strongest or most cut and lean guy in the gym but there is never a need to through around 15 lbs dbs like I saw today. Just loud, over the top and ridiculous

Juicd
03-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Thats why im glad the gym i work/train at is hardcore and owned by an accomplished old school bodybuilder. That cell phone bullshit will get you kicked out instantly.

holy ghost
03-16-2008, 08:57 PM
fuck the cellphones how rude that is.

they wear tank tops and look like twigs how embarassing,

they gel up and spike their hair just to come pretend to lift.

bicep curls and bench press not to mention WEAK WEIGHTS

DirtyD
03-16-2008, 11:05 PM
I can't stand the ridiculously loud and obnoxious people... I can get loud like AJ said every once in a while when I am pumping a lot of weight... I can tell you when I was shoulder pressing 305lbs for 8-10 reps, the last couple I had to make a little noise to get them in...

But I am usually real quiet at the gym and put on my head phones and mind my own business...

And I refuse to try to impress a girl at the gym, I am far from feeding their already big ass ego!!!

geeezer
03-17-2008, 05:58 AM
How about the guy that is doing curls is done, then lift up his shirt to look at his abS:confused:

jtooswol
03-17-2008, 10:46 AM
How about the guy that is doing curls is done, then lift up his shirt to look at his abS:confused:

Thats funny as hell! At my gym there are a ton of those guys lol

freakfix28
03-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I love the ones who wear a weight belt for every damn exercise. Like their seated calf raises and leg ext r so intense they just might blow out their lumbar spine. And quit curling in the squat rack before I give u a reason to yell and scream......for help because I've got ur string tank top wrapped around ur chicken neck..........sorry, just a little built up anger i had to vent.
freak

Brock Samson
03-17-2008, 02:15 PM
I work at a GOLDS guys and you would not believe all of the stupid shit Ive seen LOL. I agree with DirtyD and AJ for sure. If youre doing a VERY heavy compound movement WITH PROPER FORM then you might need to let out some anger and get some air out fast. That being said 99% of the time it happens at a gym its not nessecary and Ive trained at venice around top IFBB pros and seen Lee P train alot when he used to train at my gym and not once have I ever seen any of those bros make fools of themselves and call atttention to themselves buy making a scence. Sure bros like Ronnie and Branch are gonna yell and drop fbombs while they train LOL but they do it at smaller private gyms and they have earned it so to speak. It reminds me of something I read Arnold say that was something to the effect of: the guys that show off constantly with undersized clothes and noise do it for attention. A true mass monster or brother of the iron will not carry on that way. If one guy has a toyota corrolla sport edition with a super charger he'll speed around at every light every chance he gets to show off. The guy who has the american muscle car or the Lambo (somethin with REAL horses) or something to that effect cant do that cause when he puts the pedal to the floor it is ACTUALLY dangerous so to speak and the guy with the power cant afford that luxury or immature behavior. Sorry for the rant but hopefully you get my point LOL. The guys with weight belts and wrist straps that wear them the whole workout of freakin hilarious

geeezer
03-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I hate guys that blow there nose in the shower .:mad:
That's so gross. I yell all the time about it!!!

aleviti
03-17-2008, 04:34 PM
here is the link to MD's forum they got similar topic going around, some funny shit, check it out

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=25719&highlight=really+grinds+my+gears

Slimfatty
03-18-2008, 10:59 PM
LOL. A couple of the guys I work out with and I have found some retards doing funny shit in the gym. Here are some real life quotes we've heard in the last couple month...
"THese are big boy weights..you see that, big boy weights!" some retard using the calf press machine talking to his buddies.

"you gotta hate the weight bro...hate the weight to get it up" some fuktard teaching his buddy how to do preacher curls

we have this 90lb dude that uses the hammer strength calf machine for leg press. he puts mad weights on this thing and does leg presses while grunting loudly. the funny thing is that the machine faces the mirror and when you look at the mirror while sitting on the machine you see the words"HAMMER STRENGTH SEATED CALF PRESS" with a picture.....lol

OurUnknownSecrets.com
03-19-2008, 03:07 AM
r u jealous of such guys?

I am not among such guys

swoll
03-19-2008, 11:39 AM
to each his own once i lock and load ipod lol its work time i could care less but thats because i'm a beast already.

nexlevel250
03-19-2008, 01:39 PM
i'm with you swoll. once the ipod is bumpin its time to get to work. i'm not saying soon as i walk in im all business but when its time to train, ITS TIME TO TRAIN. I usually have my mind ready to hit it before i get there but i always bump into someone that wants to catch up over the weekend or something so i use that time to run my mouth not when im lifting "BIG BOY WEGHTS" hahaha

miss diesel
03-19-2008, 01:50 PM
I hate these guys too. And also those who are monopolizing a machine while chatting on the phone ...:mad:

jtooswol
03-19-2008, 01:55 PM
I hate these guys too. And also those who are monopolizing a machine while chatting on the phone ...:mad:

Thats the number one thing that pisses me off the most while im lift'n!! :mad:

337POWERBOMB
03-20-2008, 08:08 PM
well I do get loud at sometimes when im lefting heave weights but I hate when guys come in the gym screaming yeah buddy and aint nothin but a peanut like their ronnie colman... I mean if your in the gym busting your ass tell failure on every set I believe a lil noise is acceptable, but if you in there just screaming lifting some lil pussy weight then that shit aint cool... And the cell phones in the gym is definantly a no no... Im in the gym to bust my ass so if you talking on the phone and I need to get where your at your just getting booted out of the way cause working out is not just a hobby or past time like it is for them it is my life style... Im not being a ass hole but if your in my way just playing around you going have to let me get me in cause you can go play around some where else!!!

red*star* inc
03-23-2008, 01:44 AM
no.i think you may be jealous bro.
you just may not lift that heavy and thus you cant yell only yip.
and balleys doesnt let you yell,or even dead lift.so you must go to a hard core gym.my gym is a gaint warehouse.and yelling is promoted.

Whimp
03-23-2008, 05:48 AM
A very good point I have never trained to impress anyone ,the noise is ok to an extent.grunting is ok in my book but not yelling ,unless at a compation,.then you need that extra little bit.But powerlifting is not my cup of tea,it's way to easy,no offense to any by no means,but bodybuilding is a 24 hr thing ,like right now ,with the eating and all.

guns01
03-23-2008, 06:27 PM
how bout the dickheads that drop the heavy dbells and bend them because they are too heavy to rereack or pass off to a spotter

testosterona
03-24-2008, 01:07 PM
ya, there isnt a general discussion part of this board, so i thought i'd post it here, i fucking hate guys at the gym who think they are the shit and try to show off to girls and be loud and goofy at the gym. its a rant, i hate them, if you are like that, then fuck you, i hate you go work out at a fucking bally's fitness or something :):eek:

i make noise, nothing crazy, but i f i hold it all in i think id explode:eek:

test

Brock Samson
03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
yeah there are so many dbags that havent been lifting long enough to know how bad slamming weight down effects olympic bars and dbs I have about 20 olympic bars at my work cause we have to order them so much, and as for the last post I agree bro, but we all know the difference between some warranted noise for proper lifting and going heavy, and someone screaming or sounding like they're fucking just to get attention LOL

Sandra
03-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Most of the screamers arent lifting that much ,so they should keep that noise to themselfes.
But obviously there are some other that scream as much as they push for sure...lol
Sandra

cj220
03-25-2008, 05:20 PM

I must disagree with you....When I train...I train hard.....so I fckn yell a lil.....when Im at the gym Im not impressn the girls....Thats when Im at the beach(every week):D .....and also U will be asked to stop or leave if you yell at a Ballys:eek: ...........Thats why I like a nice POWERHOUSE GYM.........:D

cj220
03-25-2008, 05:28 PM

lol...I HAVE YELLED in a GoldsGym at a lil punk that was using the squat rack for curls(60lbs)while on the phone.....One finger across my throat2 signal for him to stop.....and a nice lil...... SHUT IT!!!!!!.....he ended up leavn:D ....

Spanky
03-25-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't think any serious bodybuilder has a problem with another guy making some sound when it comes to his training and getting the heavy ones done. I sure as hell can't do it with my mouth closed! Tried that a few and I almost got crushed a few times Gotta make a little noise. But I have seen a few times where some mofo is just screaming like a bitch on every rep of every set. Thats annoying as hell and just the opposite of being impressive as they must think it is. And usually there are women around that is the intended audience I'm sure. One reason I like working out at home and am constantly adding to my owm gym. My neighbors must wonder about all the noise though! LOL. But is good to train with others and crawl out of my hole now and then.

Skeletor
03-26-2008, 12:50 PM
There is one guy at the gym who makes alot of exhale noise.
But the funny thing is I looked over at him once doing barbell curls and he was huffin and puffin and had a 5lb weight on each side of the bar!!! LOL

TheChosen1
03-26-2008, 01:14 PM
This should make you feel better then.......................

Sometime in 1996 when I was training at the World Gym in New Orleans, LA, there was this one guy who spent most of his time in the weight room doing alot of talking as if he was DA MAN. One morning, I'm training arms and he's running his mouth with a guy while having an 85 pound knurling bar resting on a flat bench. When he was done running his mouth, a sweet little blonde woman looked at him and asked, "You're going to lift that?" His face lit up and said, "What this? This is nothing."

Just then, I was re-racking the dumbbells that I was using when this dipshit ask me, "What you think, ....., do you think you can handle this?" Mind you, one of my arms probably measures the size of his neck but yet, he tried to use me to look good for this girl. I looked at him in the mirror and decided to ruin his rap.

"What you got there, dude? Oh, are you using that? Hell, I warm up with that weight. Can I work in?" Before he can say anything, I walked over to him, lifted the bar and began hitting curls like I was throwing paper. At the same time, I'm talking to him to show that I'm not straining at all. After whizzing through 15 reps, I sat the bar back down on the bench and said, "Damn, that felt good. Look me up, dude, when you've graduated to heavy weights before asking me if I can handle it."

The girl's jaw damn near hit the floor when she saw me curling and the guy's face fell as if I kicked his dog. He was pissed and called me a showoff. But I reminded him that he did it to himself. When I turned around to walk away, every guy in the gym who saw it laughed and gave me a thumbs up because the guy got on their nerves alot.

ricky425
03-26-2008, 07:13 PM

Quit tryin to play that shit off bro, we work out at the same gym. And thats you over there in the corner screamin and yellin with your "20 lb" dumbells doin concentration curls. It's ok bro.. LMFAO.. J/K bro

ricky425
03-26-2008, 07:16 PM
no.i think you may be jealous bro.
you just may not lift that heavy and thus you cant yell only yip.
and balleys doesnt let you yell,or even dead lift.so you must go to a hard core gym.my gym is a gaint warehouse.and yelling is promoted.

No he isnt jealous. We dont work out at the same gym but we do live close by and he is a BEAST! We dont need to scream and yell to draw attention to ourselves...

ricky425
03-26-2008, 07:29 PM
I work at a GOLDS guys and you would not believe all of the stupid shit Ive seen LOL. I agree with DirtyD and AJ for sure. If youre doing a VERY heavy compound movement WITH PROPER FORM then you might need to let out some anger and get some air out fast. That being said 99% of the time it happens at a gym its not nessecary and Ive trained at venice around top IFBB pros and seen Lee P train alot when he used to train at my gym and not once have I ever seen any of those bros make fools of themselves and call atttention to themselves buy making a scence. Sure bros like Ronnie and Branch are gonna yell and drop fbombs while they train LOL but they do it at smaller private gyms and they have earned it so to speak. It reminds me of something I read Arnold say that was something to the effect of: the guys that show off constantly with undersized clothes and noise do it for attention. A true mass monster or brother of the iron will not carry on that way. If one guy has a toyota corrolla sport edition with a super charger he'll speed around at every light every chance he gets to show off. The guy who has the american muscle car or the Lambo (somethin with REAL horses) or something to that effect cant do that cause when he puts the pedal to the floor it is ACTUALLY dangerous so to speak and the guy with the power cant afford that luxury or immature behavior. Sorry for the rant but hopefully you get my point LOL. The guys with weight belts and wrist straps that wear them the whole workout of freakin hilarious

I was actually about to comment about Lee Preist in particular about his column in MD I beleive. About he cant stand to hear guys scream and yell at the gym. And yes you are right about Ronnie, he screams and yells but again, he's Ronnie.

Big Dan
03-27-2008, 01:42 PM
See I go into the gym, put on my headphones and I start to bust my ass. I may grunt from time to time but that is about it. I dont speak until I am finished. I am there to get to work. But it is those same guys that we speak of that keep there cell phones with them and try to draw attention, that have not put an ounce of muscle on in years. Hell I have seen them with 2 45's on the t-bar screaming more than my wife did when she had our two kids. I to say fuck'em. They are the same ones that stand in there little groups and talk shit about guys like us and wisper he is on that shit. When I leave the gym I am soaked with sweat everyday. And those same bitches havent even started tp think about sweating. FUCK'EM

teamgenetics
03-27-2008, 04:08 PM
hey ricky ignore red*star he was banned its this idiot who was banned named ribbler who likes to start shit with everybody

harleyc
03-28-2008, 12:59 PM
I will be the first one to tell you that if people tell you they have to scream because they are lifting alot of lb's they are full of shit. They just want people see them lifting the big lbs. I bench 600 lbs and don't make a sound. I don't want my boys screaming at me to pump me up or any of that bull shit. I get pumped in my head before i lift. I can go from a nice guy to a killer in my head real fast and thats what its all about!!!!

teamgenetics
03-28-2008, 01:10 PM
i hate guys at the gym like harley :):) j/k love u bro!

harleyc
03-28-2008, 03:58 PM
hahahahahahahahah

bigriggs00
03-31-2008, 04:47 PM
women really dont notice how much weight a fucker can lift

this is right on the money... 95% of women are focused on how you look, not what you lift.

raiderUM
03-31-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't know man....My woman watches me lift heavy and it turns her on...:D