PDA

View Full Version : "DEA" premieres April 2nd on Spike TV

In Hulk
03-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Thought this may be of interest to people here...

NEW YORK, March 6 (UPI) -- Spike TV said it has ordered six one-hour episodes of a new original series that looks at the inner workings of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

"DEA" is set to premiere on Spike TV April 2.

"Television viewers will get the same unprecedented access to the inner workings of the DEA as our camera crews -- the raids, the risk and the danger," Al Roker, the show's executive producer, said in a statement Thursday. "This series is the real deal, exposing elements of illegal drug trade that you could not imagine. When you watch 'DEA,' you will feel like you have gone undercover."

Spike TV said it was given exclusive access to follow a group of special agents and task force officers in the DEA Detroit division.

"This job is a calling. We love what we do and you can see that on the show through the dedication and excitement of these agents," added Special Agent Mary Irene Cooper, DEA's chief of congressional and public affairs. "Nothing else I've seen captures the day-to-day experiences of drug law enforcement work like this series."

http://www.dea.gov/pubs/pressrel/pr022808.html

Slimfatty
03-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Good, now we can see how they operate. They watch us all the time, now it's time to watch them.

magRT496
03-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Good, now we can see how they operate. They watch us all the time, now it's time to watch them.

lol thats exactly what i was thinking when i saw the add on tv.

airagee23
03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah it looks interesting. I will watch it for sure.

fullybuilt
03-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I wish a new show would come out that explains how crooked the DEA is and how they have hurt more people than helped. It would also be cool if they were exposed and ?'d on why they have a 60k yearly salary, yet spend what someone who makes a couple hundred thousand does.

In Hulk
04-03-2008, 07:19 AM
I like how they labeled every single drug dealer/user as dangerous scum. Or how the DEA agent kept talking about how the confidential informants are "assholes" who aren't to be trusted.

Prohibition has never been successful in any country in any history throughout the world. It's failed in US since it's conception and it will continue to forever.