PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the scumbag spammers??

aragorn1500
04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
There's like one registering everyday.

What kind of life do they have if all they have to do is sign up at discussion boards that have nothing to do with what they are selling.

In Hulk
04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
I know there are some programs that will register a name, log in, and post the same message on something like 5,000 random boards. I haven't used it, but yeah, it's easy to do if you use a program similar to the ones I've seen.

Slimfatty
04-23-2008, 08:50 AM
I cant stand them, that's something that pisses me off. It's like someone knocking on my front door trying to sell me something.

Skeletor
04-25-2008, 06:56 PM
We try to get them as soon as posible but the little shits sometimes get by us

TheChosen1
04-25-2008, 08:26 PM
There's like one registering everyday.

What kind of life do they have if all they have to do is sign up at discussion boards that have nothing to do with what they are selling.

Actually, I'm banning 3-6 a day. I always check the new members and then check the member list at the bottom to see if someone got by on us. Then they're TERMINATED!!:D

aragorn1500
04-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Actually, I'm banning 3-6 a day. I always check the new members and then check the member list at the bottom to see if someone got by on us. Then they're TERMINATED!!:D

I knew someone was tossing them out.
Right now there are two spammers both with drugs in their screenname.

ItalianMuscle
04-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I was getting spammed quite a bit on another forum. I just simply turned off my PMs. Kinda strange, It hasnt happened anywhere else. If it happens again, just report it to Admin.

TheChosen1
05-15-2008, 10:52 AM
I was getting spammed quite a bit on another forum. I just simply turned off my PMs. Kinda strange, It hasnt happened anywhere else. If it happens again, just report it to Admin.

Same here.
One of the boards that I MOD get it worst than the others. I've banned as many as 23 spammers on one day at one time.

swoll
05-16-2008, 09:15 AM
right on check alllllll ip's

TheChosen1
05-21-2008, 06:51 AM
I remember a couple of years ago when spammers, pretty much, took over CEM. And just about a couple of months ago, the same happened to SBI.

Fact is, it only takes a day or two for a board to become slower and the staff to take a break from it when suddenly it's flooded with spammers in every forum.