PDA

View Full Version : breaking out of a funk

ChemicallyEngineered
07-02-2008, 07:52 AM
What do you guys do to break yourself out of a rut?
I'vel been working my ass off at my gym, roughly 10 or so hours per day plus 1hr travel time each way. For the last month all I have wanted to do when I'm not working is nap or go home. I think I've actually made myself hate the gym and especially my location because I can't ever be left alone because everyone knows if you want something fixed tell me and it will get done. I've literally only worked out once per week for the last month. I also think the stress of my recent economic losses have also plagued my motivation.

I recently started training at another planet fitness which is on the way to and from my location. This has helped some because no one knows me as an employee so I don't get hounded with comments like "how do I use this machine" or " this machine is broken" or "there's no paper towels in the mens room." Unfortunately though I still face the feeling of chronic fatigue. I just picked up some BETANOX as a pre-workout booster so I'm hoping that will help because I can eat vivarin like tic-tacs and they don't help me for very long.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for their help.

CatDaddy
07-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I personally have been experiencing being tired all the time, for different reasons... I have decided to go with the more natural route, so I purchased some liquid injectable B12... I will let you know how it works out for me...

I have Ephedrine and it works really well for this problem, however I lose my appetite so bad I don't eat properly... So this is not a solution either...

Downtown
07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
I feel you bro, I am in a rut also. It has alot to do with the summer. When the weather gets good I do alot of camping and 4 wheeler riding on the weekends. When you are camping and drinking beer alll weekend, it pretty muchs ruins your diet and your training. Right now I have been trying to hit the gym 3 times during the week, just to maintain until fall.

337POWERBOMB
07-02-2008, 02:37 PM
I personally have been experiencing being tired all the time, for different reasons... I have decided to go with the more natural route, so I purchased some liquid injectable B12... I will let you know how it works out for me...

I have Ephedrine and it works really well for this problem, however I lose my appetite so bad I don't eat properly... So this is not a solution either...

yeah bro B12 usually kicks me into gear on my down days

FireFreak956
07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
I know where your coming from bro...I use the ephedrine also...usually give that boost...for me the problem is getting to the gym...once i'm there the mp3 takes care of the rest...plus i usually carry a pic of where i want to be and where i'm at currently...lately i've just been looking for fun ways of introducing cardio like racquetball, swimming...

337POWERBOMB
07-03-2008, 02:05 AM
yeah bro i deffinantly couldn't mke it through a work out without my ipod

Skeletor
07-05-2008, 10:39 AM
My motivation is just the fact that if I don't go to the gym..I feel guilty all day about it..plus it makes me feel alot better about myself when i go

geeezer
07-06-2008, 08:24 PM
I dont have a problem geeting to the gym and getting in a good work out.
But I am having a problem with my Diet ( like the last 4 weeks...)I Really need a kick in Ass ...
I was looking pritty good for a lod man.