PDA

View Full Version : Bad day and weekend

apbt549
10-05-2009, 10:36 AM
today had to be one of the toughest weekends and days in my life. found out my 14 year old red nose pit had lung cancer this weekend and over the weekend she got worse fast could never catch her breath wouldn't eat anything. there was no pink in her skin or gums so my ex wife took her to the vet this moring and told her she was 75% worse then she was when i took her up there..... it was 14 years ago this weekend i picked her up from the breeder. she was one of a kind got alot of good memories of her she was a hand full.. when she was younger where ever i was she was if i was out side in the yard she was right next to me getting into something.. when i was building my privacy fence she would run off with a 2x4 8 foot long that was funny to watch she was great going to miss her she was my world for the longest time........and yes i cried and i don't really give a fuck.......

RIP OLD GIRL
SCARLETT
JUNE 26 1995 TO OCT 5 2009

1bigun11
10-05-2009, 10:54 AM
My lab Asil used to pick up these huge branches or boards or sticks and run around and swim and fetch in water. Or just knock you over with them. I cried like a little girl when that dog died, and I dont give a fuck either.

apbt549
10-05-2009, 11:18 AM
tks for not giving a fuck also bro........ yea she was fun to have outside with me.. she was with me when i cleared my property off and trimed up all of my oak trees she would run off with the limbs didn't matter how big they were when they hit the ground she was on them........then she would sleep in between my legs in the lazy boy with me..... never seen this coming just a few weeks ago she was running around the back yard never would of thought she was 14 if you came to my house and seen her.....

zodiac
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Shit I'm a huge dog lover-how can't you be? unconditional love to the end.

Sorry to hear that-I know you must be torn up..you plan to immortalize your best friend with a tat or something?...when my dog passes away I want her ashes..thought about burying her in the back yard but I may not always live there..sorry apbt.

apbt549
10-05-2009, 11:51 AM
tks Z... the only reason i buried her here was i built this house and moved in 2 months before i got her and to me this is her house and yard thats why i wanted to leave her here.. i don't see myself moving but if i do this will always be her house and yard......

juicemansouth86
10-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Bro I completly understad how ur feeling. I myself own a few animals(2 pits and a bulldog). They are like my kids. But dont stress bro... Things always get better.

Bolan
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Sorry about your loss bro, damn dogs always get ya in the heart, best friends ANYBODY can have. Chin up, shes hauling logs around in a better place now.
14 yrs is a long time for a purebred to live, be lucky you had her for that time.
Stay strong.

apbt549
10-05-2009, 01:50 PM
tks guys...... the one in my avatar will be 14 in dec he is laying right beside me.. he has been laying with her and on her all weekend maybe he knew something was wrong with her......

i love the first pic i posted she would hear the alarm go off on the dryier and would run and jump in there b/c she knew the clothes would be warm it was funny to see her do that

rocco-x
10-05-2009, 03:05 PM
i feel for ya apbt.i was all messed up for a while when my rottie passed.and she was still a baby at 18mnths.i want another one so bad man.it'll get better for ya bro.

tilltheend
10-05-2009, 03:34 PM
I am very sorry for your loss brother, noone thinks less of you for crying, if you pricked your finger and felt like crying so what who wants to do something about it thats the way I look at it. RIP SCARLETT

GLOCK23
10-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I just lost a 6 year old chocolate lab, ruger. I was in texas for work and my wife called. She had let him out and he took off for a hot piece of ass. He never ran but he didn't listen to her either. He was hit n killed by a car and left on the side of the road. Bro, I balled like a baby. 1500 miles from home and helpless. He was like my 1st child. I'm sorry to hear bout ur loss.... I had him cremated and now sits on my dresser. Just couldn't put him in the ground

jdjack
10-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Pets are better than people most times. My condolences.

iron_dawg
10-05-2009, 04:40 PM
abpt sorry for the lose man...and don't be ashamed to shed a tear for your friend...I lost my American Bull on Memorial Day this year, and it was very hard for awhile, I still get teary eye thinking about her.

Dogs are truely man's best friend they don't care about anything but loving you and getting it back. There always there happy to see you when you walk in the door and there to love you. I care more for my dogs then most people in my family sad but true. Again sorry for the lose it is hard but I am sure you gave that dog one helluva life and if you truely believe GOD needed for something that is what I believe about my Dog Thumper she was one hell of a watch dog. I could literally sleep with my doors open if I wanted to and I knew nothing would get though that door. GOD needed her to guard the gates in heaven.

apbt549
10-05-2009, 06:01 PM
tks iron dog i feel the same way.....

FireFreak956
10-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Hey bro...it hurts like hell when you get so attached to your pets it's unexplainable...so there is no shame in crying...its like my wife told me one time...If Jesus was man enough to Cry so are you...Hang in there bro...

apollo
10-06-2009, 02:05 AM
Sorry for your loss brother. I'm less of a man- I cried when I gave my dog up to a good friend for the dogs' sake. I cant imagine how it feels what you're going through.

meatt
10-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Sorry for the loss bro, I have been there as well. Its sucks royally, i dont even know if I will ever get another because I dont think I want to go through it again.

apbt549
10-06-2009, 06:05 AM
tks for the kind words guys it means alot.. the hardest thing is being home with out her and you don't know how much she was a part of your life until she's not there and you see all of the small things that she used to do and it like a part of you is missing

iron_dawg
10-06-2009, 12:21 PM
tks for the kind words guys it means alot.. the hardest thing is being home with out her and you don't know how much she was a part of your life until she's not there and you see all of the small things that she used to do and it like a part of you is missing

yeah like telling her to get her nose out of my food every single meal...it was annoying as hell but I miss it.

apbt549
10-07-2009, 09:37 AM
lol your right iron dog the same thing with me... one of the things she used to do was if the male in my avatar was laying with me in her spot she would come and sit on him until he moved so she could lay with me....the week as gotten better...still got all of the memories.......thanks again guys......

ARX International
10-07-2009, 12:35 PM
APBT sorry for your loss brutha....Had to put my 9yr old boxer down few months ago...Vet put him on pills for a month or so but when he couldnt piss outside I new what I had to do....Ive prolly had 11-13 dogs in my life and that boxer was by far my favorite....Sorry for ur loss bro

ARx