PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar needs surgery, UFC boss says

simplerx
11-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Ailing cage fighter Brock Lesnar has developed a serious intestinal disorder that requires surgery, Ultimate Fighting Championship boss Dana White told TMZ.com Monday.
Lesnar, a 265 lb. former wrestler and football player, collapsed and was reportedly hospitalized last week during a vacation in Canada. On Saturday, White told various sources that Lesnar was in dire condition.
"He's not well. He's not going to be getting well anytime soon," White told reporters after a UFC event in England. "He doesn't have cancer or AIDS or anything like this, (but) he's got some problems."
On Monday, White clarified his diagnosis somewhat. He also said that Lesnar is back in the U.S. and that he might be admitted to the Mayo Clinic for surgery. According to White, Lesnar, 32, might never fight again
Lesnar himself has not been heard from since cancelling a scheduled bout three weeks ago. Shortly thereafter, UFC announced that Lesnar had contracted mononucleosis. Rumours swirled that he had swine flu. Things appear to be going from bad to worse for the superstar mixed-martial artist.
In college, Lesnar was a dominating wrestler. After school, he used his impressive bulk and outsized personality to switch over to the theatrics of professional wrestling. He was a huge draw for World Wrestling Entertainment.
In 2004, he decided on a mid-career switch to professional football. Despite no high-level experience in the game, he was given a shot by the NFL's Minnesota Vikings. He played for one season.
At age 30, he decided to switch professions again. He soon signed on to fight for UFC. In July, he won a championship belt.
UFC has had no trouble drawing huge crowds and lots of pay-per-view customers. Credibility, though, continues to be harder to come by.

News of Lesnar's mystery illness has been greeted by skepticism by some blogs outside the mixed-martial arts universe.

ARX International
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
I hope he Fckn dies in a Hospital bed chewing on his beef jerkey!!

ARx

DuG
11-17-2009, 01:24 PM
if he has mononucleosis or swine flu are nothing serious...I see that ARx love him :D

kingvillan
11-17-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm not a Lesnar fan, myself...I actually despise the guy, but one thing is for sure...UFC prez Dana White is business smart having Lesnar in the UFC because of his followers that both love him and hate him...all that means is $$$ for the UFC!

NuKKLeHeaD
11-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Prediction: Carwin vs. Velasquez for the interim heavyweight belt. Lesnar may be out for a while. Dana always thinks up a way to make money on these interim title fights.

iron_dawg
11-17-2009, 03:42 PM

ARx

Wow AR harsh buddy...

I wonder if it was the same thing Jason Giambi had and missed almost the whole season. He had some sort of parasite in his intestine.

Viking
11-17-2009, 06:50 PM

ARx

Are we a little pissed off he beat Couture, I respect Randy and so does Brock, or how about how he man handled Mir?

Is it cause he's cocky? We have alot of bros here that are and may be more than him.

hicktown
11-17-2009, 10:55 PM
dam arx that was brutal.

i hate it when guys leave wrestling and try to be taken seriously. hes decent in the ufc.

how much test was he on back in the day?

gator_mclusky
11-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Word is that its a serious abdominal illness that will require major surgery.

gator

ARX International
11-18-2009, 03:25 AM
Are we a little pissed off he beat Couture, I respect Randy and so does Brock, or how about how he man handled Mir?

Is it cause he's cocky? We have alot of bros here that are and may be more than him.

Na.....I disApprove on the way a Superstar acts in public or in the heat of the moment when ur true colors really fly....Pretty much his last PPV.....His Unprofessional mannerism and total lack of handling a TITLE Belt......as soon as that Fat fck won what actions did he portray to his fans(haters)? He didnt know how to act...So the only thing he did was start bitchn and yelln as like he was back in the WWF(WWE).....Then after he appoligizes for the way he acted....I hope he stocked up on his beef jerkey and shotgun shells that sponsor him...Ha! I forgot he hated on budlight because they wouldnt give him $$$.............Im done bitchn about this dick...Hes not kool on tv or in person...I wish him the worst!

ARx

ARX International
11-18-2009, 03:27 AM
dam arx that was brutal.

i hate it when guys leave wrestling and try to be taken seriously. hes decent in the ufc.

how much test was he on back in the day?

Ha....Hes a freakn beast bro....he makes most of his gains with FOOD!

ARx

apbt549
11-18-2009, 09:04 AM
i agree with arx.. he showed no repsect for mir or the sport when they fought the 2nd time. he is a beast thats for sure but show some respect...

simplerx
11-18-2009, 12:29 PM
I personally like watching his big ass fight, its kinda funny. His comment about bud light was a classic though.:D

Viking
11-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Mir is a bitch, he hated on Lesnar and got what he deserved.

simplerx
11-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Mir is a bitch, he hated on Lesnar and got what he deserved.

I agree! Mir is a cocky arrogant fuck, i enjoyed watching him get his ass kicked

BigStev21
11-18-2009, 11:50 PM
even after surgery he wont return? I dont like him but still like watching his hick ass for entertainment

JerkKILLER
11-19-2009, 01:07 AM
The article I read the other day said he might not return to the sport either. (As well as possibly needing more surgery).

But tonite I just saw a commercial for UFC 106 coming up on November 21st and he's the headliner. So who knows?

FUZO
11-19-2009, 10:47 AM
I agree! Mir is a cocky arrogant fuck, i enjoyed watching him get his ass kicked

I so agree with this. Frank Mir ran his big mouth and got his big mouth smashed big time. If your going to run your mouth back it up.And as for brock he has a hole in his intestines and probably will heal and will make it back.

JerkKILLER
11-19-2009, 12:39 PM
must be from all the steroids he didnt do lol

Viking
11-19-2009, 06:08 PM
The article I read the other day said he might not return to the sport either. (As well as possibly needing more surgery).

But tonite I just saw a commercial for UFC 106 coming up on November 21st and he's the headliner. So who knows?

That commercial is wrong, they made new ones with Tito and Griffin 2