PDA

View Full Version : anyone sick recently??

rocco-x
11-19-2009, 07:16 PM
caught some crap last week,i guess it was the flu.it got hellacious on last friday.i took off the day before from work and from friday morning till sunday night i didn't eat,only drank water.took 8 days off from the gym and lost like 8-9 lbs already.so much so that my girl even notices it and she always thinks i'm in a gaining mode.went back to the gym last night and still strong just the intensity is alot less than usual.this sucks man,really.hopefully this is it.i'm almost done spitting up all the green and yellow garbage from my lungs....

Deepsouth
11-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Well mine set in Sund when I got in from hunting, but luckly my wife had a "Z" pack on hold at the pharmacy and that has me back to almost normal today . This is the first time all year I've been sick

hicktown
11-19-2009, 11:51 PM
man im glad i havent gotten sick yet. i dont plan to with 4000mg vit c & b12 every day.

you should get on dat!

BigStev21
11-20-2009, 12:56 AM
I havent been sick so far this winter (knock on wood lol)... been takin a shit ton of vitamin C seems to help but im sure i will eventually come down with something, hope you feel better soon bro

testboner
11-20-2009, 06:20 AM
HELL YES I've been sick! IMO, this season is going to be a mutha for slow healing cold infections. I avoided being sick for 2 years, then 3 and a 1/2 weeks ago got the worst snot stuffed head cold that slowly past from the head to my chest. I'm still hacking up throat oysters a few times a day, and lose my voice to dryness at least a couple times a day (regardless of water intake, juices, cough drops, etc).
Swine flu for some reason really doesn't have me worried... but common cold infections seem to be on a major increase, and they are more and more persistent.
So far as training, my rule of thumb "generally" is so long as there is no fever, or excessive coughing - then I go ahead and get in the gym and at least go through the motions. Intensity will be lacking when your body is fighting infection, but I've found that continuing to train helps to maintain things and allows for a quicker rebound to full strength once infection begins to weaken.
I see more sick people (colds, flu) now than I have in past years.

TheChosen1
11-20-2009, 07:16 AM
I took off from work 2 weeks ago for death in the family, though I wasn't able to go home for the funeral. So my sick girlfriend insisted on coming over to spend the few days with me, despite me telling her that it wouldn't be a good idea. By the time she went home, I caught what she had and she was all better. On the day I was to return to work, I ended up calling in sick.

Although it took a couple of days for me to lose the virus, the cough stayed with me for another week.

niko
11-20-2009, 12:04 PM
been sick to and its 2 weeks for me outa the gym rocco but its all good crack it up to a break from the gym even knowing it sucks and not true.:eek:

BIG-K
11-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Nope I am feeling good bro, but thanks for asking.

Kateraxl
11-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Does "Sick of Work" count?

Viking
11-20-2009, 09:11 PM
My girl was sick for like 3 weeks with the flu, then nasal crap then a week and a half of just coughing. To top it all off it was her time of the month at the end and she suffers through those every month. I felt really bad so I made up a care package for her when I finally got to see her, she lives 2 hours away.

kingvillan
11-21-2009, 04:38 AM
I haven't been sick recently...but there are several people at work that are and I have been avoiding them and I am washing the hell out of my hands...hands are all dried and cracked...but it's better than getting sick!