PDA

View Full Version : A tip for shipping liquids

fullybuilt
12-02-2009, 04:29 AM
If your gonna ship something that makes a ton of noise like a 50ml helios or a bunch of bac water, liquid orals,etc.. I recommened you put in a standard priority box or a box of similar size and then put it in the priority bag
http://www.fpm.iastate.edu/postal_parcel/Sidebar_links/USPS_EP14.jpg

No matter how tightly you pack it, some stuff just is sooooo obvious when you shake the box a little. Its rare but if a carrier happend to shake the box a little or maybe is inspecting someone on the box its quite obvious it can seem like a lot of liquid and that gives them probable cause to open the pack. Try putting in a box and then a bag. The bag doesnt help with the noise but it distracts the chance of shaking it. Its treated more as a bulk object. By nature the carriers will pick it up with 2 hands and it will distract the chance of hearing anything.

Deepsouth
12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
good advice

IFIWAS
12-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Just to add...if you will pack inside a bag or box then place in a larger box with a couple pennies or something of the sort in there...it will make a rattle and deter from any sort of liquid what so ever.

Course I really have no idea about any of this..just talking out my ass

Apples
12-02-2009, 07:04 PM

You said it....not me! LOL Youre a classic ass talker!

HOW YOU LIKE DOZE APPLES??

Apples

IFIWAS
12-02-2009, 08:32 PM
You said it....not me! LOL Youre a classic ass talker!

HOW YOU LIKE DOZE APPLES??

Apples

HAHA...you focker you...missed you today at the board...but seen where you had left your mark

jcp
12-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Just to add...if you will pack inside a bag or box then place in a larger box with a couple pennies or something of the sort in there...it will make a rattle and deter from any sort of liquid what so ever.

Good advice. You really don't want to pack bottles like 50mls too tightly because you can hear the liquid sloshing around very easily. Gotta have a little noise in there to drown it out.

fullybuilt
12-02-2009, 10:59 PM

Good point. It could almost sound like a boardgame. You could even put your return addy something like "vintage ebay board games" lol btw, IIW are we still dating?

fullybuilt
12-02-2009, 11:01 PM
There have been times when my imaginary friend maybe sent out a few kits and vials and tabs all in one pack, but he decided to seperetly ship the bac water cuz that fucker makes so much noise its worth the extra $ to ship. Can you imagine loosing a huge load of gear for a $4 bac water. I would def have to rape the postal inspector who opened the pack.

iron_dawg
12-03-2009, 09:18 AM
another thing that helps is bags with bubble wrap on the inside...cuts down alot of the noise if taped up also.