PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Murphy, Dead at age 32

TheChosen1
12-20-2009, 04:10 PM
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Brittany Murphy died on Sunday morning, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office has confirmed to Access Hollywood. She was 32.

According to the Coroner's Office, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Hollywood reported to them that an individual named Brittany Murphy died in the hospital on Sunday.

A Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman told Access that they responded to a 911 call made from the 1800 block of N. Rising Glen Road -- the same street where the actress lives -- at 8 AM on Sunday. According to TMZ, the actress was pronounced dead upon arrival at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Just weeks ago, a smiling Brittany spoke with Access at the Tt Collection Pop-Up Party in LA on December 3, where she discussed her hopes for the coming year.

"As far as having a New Year's resolution, I'd love to have a child next year," she said at the time. "But that's kind of a large one!"

The actress also spoke of her love for her family, whom she said she was very close to.

"I've been very blessed to have a really great loving husband," she said. "I spend more time with my family than anyone else in the world"

Brittany rose to fame after a memorable role in 1995's "Clueless." She went on to star in such films as "8 Mile," "Just Married," "Girl, Interrupted," "Sin City" and "Riding In Cars With Boys," among others.

She also made a splash in the music world with the track "Faster Kill Pussycat," with Paul Oakenfold in 2006 - the track topped the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play Chart that year. She also sang a pair of songs for the animated film "Happy Feet," in which she was also a voice actress.

Brittany was married to screenwriter Simon Monjack, whom she wed in May 2007.

Skeletor
12-20-2009, 04:56 PM
That really sucks. I saw that when I got on the computer today..really sad

Viking
12-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Something is a lil suspicious about this, she probably didn't have a drug problem since she spent so much time with them and had a very good outlook on life. Just sounds too weird that she died. Who knows though she probably had medical probs no one knew about.

RIP BM

airagee23
12-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Pretty crazy right there. Cardiac arrest hmmmm? Fishy.

apbt549
12-21-2009, 09:08 AM
truely is sad.... life can change so fast.....

BigStev21
12-21-2009, 11:26 AM
its shocking, something to happen so unexpected

guns01
12-21-2009, 12:41 PM
especially around the holidays

iron_dawg
12-23-2009, 01:26 PM
especially around the holidays

yeah that is hard on families I am sure. I read some where she has had a life long battle with diabietes.

niko
12-23-2009, 01:55 PM
yeah that is hard on families I am sure. I read some where she has had a life long battle with diabietes.

I read the same thing but also heard she had a pharmacy of prescription meds by her bed.She was really skinny not to healthy looking.

goodfella
01-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I read the same thing but also heard she had a pharmacy of prescription meds by her bed.She was really skinny not to healthy looking.

hey niko i just wanted to give you a heads up to be careful with your screen name....it might cause some unwanted attention from LE thinking you are someone else...because there was a pretty big time source that went down in ord that used the screen name niko...same spelling he ran rugio labs if you remmember....just wanted to give you a heads up incase you didnt know...i was just shocked when i saw the name but realized you werent that niko after reading some posts ....anywasy happy holidays

crazyasssarah
01-03-2010, 01:35 PM
how did she die again

crazyasssarah
01-09-2010, 10:04 AM
i found it.
what about that johnson girl and her crazy girlfriend tequila whose fuckin a sociopath her shelf ahh!!! stardom