PDA

View Full Version : jean claude van damme mma fighter

msm1179
02-03-2010, 03:20 AM
lol use to be my favorite action actor when i was young lol but to old to stat mma lol this is so funny at least herschal walker one his mma debut.

Big Dan
02-03-2010, 08:54 AM
you have got to be kidding... when is this going to happen

kingvillan
02-03-2010, 06:23 PM
It's actually a kickboxing fight that's going to happen in Macau, China...here's a short article I found on MMA Convert:

Van Damme Confirms Kickboxing Match
By Steve Barry
January 27th, 2010

Jean Claude Van Damme has confirmed he will compete in a real kickboxing match against Olympic Thai boxer Somluck Kamsing.

[Fighting Kamsing] is kind of dangerous, but life is short and I want to do this fight… to prove to young people, and even to mature people, that a man can go into some very strong physical effort, training, and everything and also be a movie star.

Kinda sounds like Herschel Walker, minus the movie star part of course. Van Damme plans to make the most of putting his aging body on the line too. The fight is actually part of bigger plan that includes three reality shows — two related to movies and one related to the fight — which will culminate in the release of his movie The Tower and then the broadcast of the Kamsing fight from Macau, China

apbt549
02-05-2010, 03:22 PM
yea i heard that the other day o seen it on tv i was laughing..

irish_2003
02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
imo these celebs and ex athletes are saving mma....the ufc is played out and people are sick of dana white and his organizations shameful push of undeserving fighters....from an entertainment standpoint i think this is a better idea than allowing aging fighters to make repeated comebacks and continue to lose bad (ie liddell, baroni, shamrock, etc)

ricky425
02-24-2010, 03:48 PM
what about bobby lashly.. you guys seen any of his fights.. he's a beast.. probly be seein him in the ufc before too long..