PDA

View Full Version : wife wants me to put the dog down

bluegill
09-27-2010, 10:41 PM
I know Im new to the board but just needed to vent I guess. Anyhow I have had my dog for going on 12 years and shes at the point in her life where she cant hold her self for peeing and crapping any more so my wife tonight says 4 me 2 put her to sleep, she said it as if she was asking what time it was?wtf. Im never really realized just how much I love my dog till im faced with this now.On a funny note I was telling my pops bout this and he said get rid of my wife. Any of u guys ever had to get ur animal put to sleep?

niko
09-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Yup and it sucks cause i knew all along how much i love my dog's past and present. If your dog is suffering and quality of life is bad then you know what you guta do.

apbt549
09-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Yup and it sucks cause i knew all along how much i love my dog's past and present. If your dog is suffering and quality of life is bad then you know what you guta do.

agreed with what he said......

bro its tough if you do a search back in oct of last year you will see a post from me. i had to put my female down last year on oct 5. one of the toughest things i have ever had to do. but she had a ton of lung cancer and had a hard time breathing and she was not acting herself. she was the type of dog until that weekend who was 100mph. she was always around me in the yard building fence clearing my property she was there getting into shit. but you have to think of the dog and the quality of life she is having. my almost 15 year old male just passed 3 weeks ago he passed in my back yard i knew it was comming glad i didn't have to put him down but i would if i had to if he couldn't get up or started peeing on himself. would you want to live like that?

its tough bro been there many times over the last few years with my dogs.... in the last 2-3 years lost 7 and got divorced... i had to put down 4 dogs over those years one was my house dog and the others were her offspring. they were all over 12...good luck my man....

Skeletor
09-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Yes it sucks bigtime. I had to put a pit that I had for 13 years and a boxer I had for 12 years down and both was some of the worst stuff I ever went through. Good luck to ya man

bluegill
09-30-2010, 04:55 PM
well were going in monday at 8am , not looking forward to it if she wasnt in pain Id just clean up after her but I know shes in pain sucks though,thanx for the input.

Buck320
09-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Been in your shoes bro...it's tough but if thats the best thing for her then ya gotta do it man. Doesnt make it any easier...i feel for ya bro.

BossBrutha
10-02-2010, 03:26 PM
I don't even want to think about that day. I love my dogs too much to deal with it.

bluegill
10-04-2010, 06:57 AM
well we were going this morning and when I get up my wife tells me my yougest son isnt feeling well and staying home today as I go in his room hes sleeping with the dog and I just couldnt do it so I just got off the phone and were going to go this thursday. My son is already been freaking out about it.

Morgankane
10-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Have done it twice. Its very hard.

But if your dog is suffering then you got to do the right thing.

bluegill
10-07-2010, 10:01 PM
well its done I held her till she went limp, some hard shit to do im not even gonna front had tears comeing down my face.

iron_dawg
10-07-2010, 10:41 PM
well its done I held her till she went limp, some hard shit to do im not even gonna front had tears comeing down my face.

Put a couple of good pals down...you love them more then people.

And as we speak my 1 1/2 yr old american bull is driving me crazy she

doesn't know when it is bed time and to just chill.

guns01
10-08-2010, 03:37 AM
bro that is the hardest thing in the world. it is almost like losing one of your kids. if it came down to being that bad, at least the poor thing isnt suffering and is in a better place now.

apbt549
10-21-2010, 09:51 PM

bro its very hard i put donw my female last year and cried like a little girl and i didnt care who saw me or what they thought. i carried her out of the place and put her in the front seat of my truck and drove her home and buried her at my house. the vet tech said you want to put her in the back of the truck told her no she rides in the front seat with me thats what she's always done she said she migh mess up your truck i said i dont care she rides in the front then she got the message.....its tough bro makes me wonder if i want another pit or not............it will get better hang in there

rocco-x
10-24-2010, 07:04 AM
i feel for ya BG. after my ex and i separated she told me a year later one of our cats had to be put down.i hate cats but not his one.this one was straight kitty kat fo life kinda thug,lol.when she called and told me it was done with i just hung up and cried my ass off.that little nokka was there for me in my deepest darkest hours.more than my ex was.he'd always know when i was illin or just plain crazy off the shit i was takin.had a way to ALWAYS calm this stupid ass cracka down,ya know/like apbt said it WILL get better,just not over night.
don't forget too brother you've got a full plate right now according to some of your posts.i keep prayin for mom and hope whatever the outcome is that she's comfortable and at peace.i wish you more than luck BG,i wish you FAITH...later,the rizzoc :)

Drew83
10-31-2010, 07:58 PM
sorry your dog isn't doing well. I have yet to put one of my dogs to sleep but i just put my cat that i've had since i was in the 4th grade to sleep. She was 17 yrs old and had i believe stomach cancer. I did a bunch of tests to try and figure it out but but couldn't find anything. After we had to put her to sleep my dog Penny had a litter of pups which helped make me feel better. The pups didn't replace her but made me feel like things came full circle. Everday those little guys put a huge smile on my face.
I hope your family is doing well