PDA

View Full Version : ne of u guys dip ?

bluegill
09-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Ive been trying to quite for a min now but its harder then I thought. I chew about 1.5 2 cans a day thats really my only vice but Im starting to notice my gum line is getting lower. NE of u guys quite and if so how gum? seeds?

Zomb131
09-28-2010, 11:16 PM
I chewed for like 2-3 year when i was in the corps. It kept me awake and was a quick jolt of energy. I wasn't doing 2 cans a day, but 1/2 can of Cope Longcut or black a day. I really knew i had to stop when i saw my gum lowering compared to the other side. My SSgt, who chewed 2-3 cans per day had to go in for an x-ray or something to get checked out for cancer. His lip look mutated from all the chewing.

Seeing all that, plus seeds helped. I carried seeds on me all the time when i stopped. I'd pack'em in my cheek like redman.

hybridmoments
09-29-2010, 12:23 AM
sunflower seeds helped. you just really wanna quit. I got grossed out myself, and I was tired of carrying an empty bottle to spit in.

Zomb131
09-29-2010, 03:43 AM
sunflower seeds helped. you just really wanna quit. I got grossed out myself, and I was tired of carrying an empty bottle to spit in.

dude, ever mix up your spitter and your soda? I did one time, and almost vomited all over the floor of my barracks room.

guns01
09-29-2010, 05:53 AM
hell bro i have been doing it for about 25 years and i aint going to quit. my stupid ass grew up on a tobacco farm and it is a part of my family and my culture. i guess i am just a dirty old redneck haha

iron_dawg
09-30-2010, 08:58 AM
I quit for 6 months once after I got the flu...then one day bummed a dip from a co-worker and was at the store at the end of the shift to buy a can. 2 cans a day is alot...I usually go though a can every 2 days.

Buck320
09-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Started in the Corp and at one point was up to 2 cans a day. Quit for about 4 years and started up again about 3 years ago. Same here...gums started to go.Tried cold turkey but wasnt working.....so i started using those new Camel snuss packets in the upper lip instead of dip.

The snuss really helped me taper down my use and i dont even crave dip anymore. Still use the snuss...but maybe 3 or 4 a day.Some days none...dont crave it anymore...more of just habit when i put one in.And the spitless part is really nice too. By no means is it safer but it helped me kick the dip habit.

bluegill
09-30-2010, 12:54 PM
funny story I was at the movies with my gf and was spitting in a cup well she thought it was her drink lol i felt bad but it was funny as hell I didnt hear the end of it for about a month

Buck320
09-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Oh shit man i have seen that happen a few times LOL..... drinking with buddies and somebody grabs the wrong beer bottle...priceless but sick!!!!

funny story I was at the movies with my gf and was spitting in a cup well she thought it was her drink lol i felt bad but it was funny as hell I didnt hear the end of it for about a month