PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security seizes domain names

JackBNimble
11-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Bad news for boards like ours. Pandora's Box has been opened Due Process is a thing of the past. Prediction:Big Sis comes after boards like this in the not too distant future.

Homeland Security seizes domain names
By Sara Jerome - 11/26/10 04:25 PM ET

The investigative arm of the Homeland Security Department appears to be shutting down websites that facilitate copyright infringement.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has seized dozens of domain names over the past few days, according to TorrentFreak.

ICE appears to be targeting sites that help Internet users download copyrighted music, as well as sites that sell bootleg goods, such as fake designer handbags.

The sites are replaced with a note from the government: "This domain named has been seized by ICE, Homeland Security Investigations."

For instance, borntrade.com, 51607.com, and amoyhy.com have each been seized.

One of the site owners told TorrentFreak that his site was shut down without any notice or warning.

The effort comes as Congress considers the Combatting Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA). Critics, including Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) say it is too heavy-handed. He has vowed to put a formal hold on the bill.

Source:
http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/130763-homeland-security-dept-seizes-domain-names-

TheyCallMeX
11-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah, they seized the domain name watchmovies.net. Within 5 hours they had a new domain name up and it's already gone......

Check it out here.

http://www.movies-links.tv/index.html

Guys look, is anyone here computer savvy? I'm talking old school. I'm talking telnet/BBS. I am highly considering setting up a BBS if anyone would actually be interested in learning how to use it.

Let me know. We can easily go off the grid.

ItalianMuscle
11-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah, they seized the domain name watchmovies.net. Within 5 hours they had a new domain name up and it's already gone......

Check it out here.

http://www.movies-links.tv/index.html

Guys look, is anyone here computer savvy? I'm talking old school. I'm talking telnet/BBS. I am highly considering setting up a BBS if anyone would actually be interested in learning how to use it.

Let me know. We can easily go off the grid.

You mean bulletin board system(BBS)? I had one back in the day with a commodore 64, three 5 1/4 floppy drives, and a 1200 baud modem. Its outdated, and I dont think it could handle the traffic that forums get now. I had mine setup ironically to get pirated games.. LOL.. I had over 10k+, and litterally filled 1000s of floppy disks..

TheyCallMeX
11-28-2010, 04:08 PM
You mean bulletin board system(BBS)? I had one back in the day with a commodore 64, three 5 1/4 floppy drives, and a 1200 baud modem. Its outdated, and I dont think it could handle the traffic that forums get now. I had mine setup ironically to get pirated games.. LOL.. I had over 10k+, and litterally filled 1000s of floppy disks..

Yeah, the old school BBS hahaha. A 1200 baud modem? WOW.....That is REALLY old school!!!! LOL! We gotta talk! I could learn a few things from you. Seems you've got some years on me.

Yes there is a ton of traffic now, but maybe we could hide the sources out there along with the vets/vips. We could always expand and open different hosts. Yes it would be primitive and a pain in the ass but how many people monitor TELNET / BBS nowadays with the modern way of browsing? haha

ItalianMuscle
11-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah, the old school BBS hahaha. A 1200 baud modem? WOW.....That is REALLY old school!!!! LOL! We gotta talk! I could learn a few things from you. Seems you've got some years on me.

Yes there is a ton of traffic now, but maybe we could hide the sources out there along with the vets/vips. We could always expand and open different hosts. Yes it would be primitive and a pain in the ass but how many people monitor TELNET / BBS nowadays with the modern way of browsing? haha

A BBS system, was actually super simple, there wasnt much to the board. You would have forums, sub-forums, etc.. Most of the ones I was calling was just for games. The games would be pirated from all over(including europe/asia), they would break the codes, and they would upload them to the BBS. Took fucking forever with a 1200baud modem, i think at the time I was doing it, they just came out with the 2400 baud, but I got rid of everything by then.

Not to mention, the phone bills were outrageous, becaus most of the bbs I was calling were out of state. Those could be avoided with hacking, divertors, black boxes, etc., but lots of risk involved.

TheyCallMeX
11-28-2010, 07:14 PM
A BBS system, was actually super simple, there wasnt much to the board. You would have forums, sub-forums, etc.. Most of the ones I was calling was just for games. The games would be pirated from all over(including europe/asia), they would break the codes, and they would upload them to the BBS. Took fucking forever with a 1200baud modem, i think at the time I was doing it, they just came out with the 2400 baud, but I got rid of everything by then.

Not to mention, the phone bills were outrageous, becaus most of the bbs I was calling were out of state. Those could be avoided with hacking, divertors, black boxes, etc., but lots of risk involved.

Do you ever remember setting up your computer on auto dial for random numbers, searching for carrier signals through Ma Bell / AT&T? You find a carrier signal and that was the end of it, it wouldn't have even mattered. I remember being young and doing that at home, and when mom got the phone bill she about shit.

It wasn't but maybe $15.00 but the calls were all for 1-3 seconds in various states. LOL

JerkKILLER
11-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Do you ever remember setting up your computer on auto dial for random numbers, searching for carrier signals through Ma Bell / AT&T?

Kinda like Matthew Broderick in the movie WAR GAMES, remember that?
Jeez am I old, I used to think that chick in the movie with him was hot lol.

TheyCallMeX
11-29-2010, 03:26 AM

War games....hahaha. There was a website that used to host them very long ago every three months. Gone now though. And I've never seen the movie, but I remember the chick...Ally Sheedy......Dandruff girl from the breakfast club lol

tekki9
12-01-2010, 10:29 AM

NOW that is some funny shit - - - I LOVED that movie! - lmao

Born2Juice4Ever
12-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I wonder what other plans are in the work by the wonderful and respected office of congress in the U.S.A.

It is not as bad here in Canada, but as we know, our gov is known as the U.S.A.'s bitch...because you guys say jump, we say how high :D :D LMFAO true enough.

B2J

rocco-x
12-01-2010, 05:04 PM
within the next few years our country will be turned into a police state.same thing as in china.try and google the most innocuous thing and the system shuts down.the gov agencies that are already monitoring our boards already have all the info they want on each and every one of us.i don't care if you've got 5 re-routers from mongolia to jamaica they can,will and have traced back whatever annd whoever they want.
at first it's the major players in the game.now it's everyone.from one amp of sust to 20 vials of enth they know who orders what,from who,where from and where to...

HILLBILLY
12-02-2010, 10:23 PM
within the next few years our country will be turned into a police state.same thing as in china.try and google the most innocuous thing and the system shuts down.the gov agencies that are already monitoring our boards already have all the info they want on each and every one of us.i don't care if you've got 5 re-routers from mongolia to jamaica they can,will and have traced back whatever annd whoever they want.
at first it's the major players in the game.now it's everyone.from one amp of sust to 20 vials of enth they know who orders what,from who,where from and where to...

That's a fact, it's on record that the NSA saves everything on the WHOLE net with massive mega servers. Hell the head of google even admitted to it about a month ago as a guest on the colbert report, he said EVERYTHING being typed on the net is being saved.

-HB-

HILLBILLY
12-03-2010, 10:48 PM
I think this pic sums up what's going on in America today.

http://www.holeinthehull.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Bill-of-rights.bmp

-HB-

Fng
12-04-2010, 03:11 AM
I think this pic sums up what's going on in America today.

http://www.holeinthehull.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Bill-of-rights.bmp

-HB-

x2 this current fool is far worse than anyone in the past.

guns01
12-04-2010, 11:13 AM
x3 freakin terrorist pos

TheyCallMeX
12-04-2010, 04:37 PM
x3 freakin terrorist pos

I don't wanna make this into a political discussion, but I honestly don't believe that there are the extremities that our country makes terrorists out to be.

Nearly 10 years after 9/11 and the best Al CIAduh gives us, is some brotha trying to blow up his underpants? LOL..Cmon with that!!!!

The solution to airport security is so simple it's scary, and I've said it for years. You don't need hand searches.

You don't need naked-ass TSA scanners.....

You give every man, woman, and child boarding the plane a big ass ALUMINUM BASEBALL BAT......Yeah, let 50 hijackers try to take a filght of 200+ angry ass Americans! Go 'head! Instead we blindly give up our rights as sheep, and eventually our flock will be lead to the slaughter.

jcp
12-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't wanna make this into a political discussion, but I honestly don't believe that there are the extremities that our country makes terrorists out to be.

Nearly 10 years after 9/11 and the best Al CIAduh gives us, is some brotha trying to blow up his underpants? LOL..Cmon with that!!!!

The solution to airport security is so simple it's scary, and I've said it for years. You don't need hand searches.

You give every man, woman, and child boarding the plane a big ass ALUMINUM BASEBALL BAT......Yeah, let 50 hijackers try to take a filght of 200+ angry ass Americans! Go 'head! Instead we blindly give up our rights as sheep, and eventually our flock will be lead to the slaughter.

Can't do that, it would set off the metal detectors. LOL!

HILLBILLY
12-04-2010, 08:00 PM

I agree, that's why the 2nd amendment was written to protect yourself. It's a fact that ya have a better chance of getting struck by lightning then killed by a terrorist in America, but it's all about getting the american people to submit to whatever they want in the name of security, (mind you Hitler played this same card in the beginning of his rise to power) i'd rather take my chances and be totally free than submit to this bullshit going on today. And this so called underwear bomber didn't even board the plane in the US, but ya won't hear that on the news. I mean think about it, we are the worlds superpower (military wise), and we can't even take down guys with small arms living in caves with in the 9-10yrs this war has been going on, i say bullshit

-HB-

TheyCallMeX
12-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Can't do that, it would set off the metal detectors. LOL!

LOL!! Well then we can give them wooden LOUISVILLE SLUGGERS!!!

TheyCallMeX
12-05-2010, 09:07 AM
I agree, that's why the 2nd amendment was written to protect yourself. It's a fact that ya have a better chance of getting struck by lightning then killed by a terrorist in America, but it's all about getting the american people to submit to whatever they want in the name of security, (mind you Hitler played this same card in the beginning of his rise to power) i'd rather take my chances and be totally free than submit to this bullshit going on today. And this so called underwear bomber didn't even board the plane in the US, but ya won't hear that on the news. I mean think about it, we are the worlds superpower (military wise), and we can't even take down guys with small arms living in caves with in the 9-10yrs this war has been going on, i say bullshit

-HB-

I am right there with you. 10 years of two bullshit wars....This war is about money and territory and nothing more. I HONESTLY believe the last war where we were actually trying to kill people, was WWII. I mean, we fucked some people up in that. War isn't THE answer....but in some scenarios, it is ONE ANSWER! We dropped two hydrogen bombs on Japan and messed their shit up real quick. Why not do the same to the middle east and get our boys and girls outta there? It's not the same anymore.

Money > Human Lives

Oil > Human Lives

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://peoplesgeography.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/us-foreign-policy-flow-chart.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php%3Faz%3Dview_all%26address%3D389x222776 8&usg=__aP99CIeOI5Affd47nBWUVVtE64o=&h=635&w=504&sz=52&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=HUA_oJwjUtztHM:&tbnh=145&tbnw=115&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpolitical%2Bforeign%2Bpolicy%2Bchart% 26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D6 07%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=126&vpy=213&dur=0&hovh=252&hovw=200&tx=120&ty=152&ei=gpz7TLilGIKdlgeau8yJBQ&oei=gpz7TLilGIKdlgeau8yJBQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0

guns01
12-05-2010, 10:47 AM
easy on that one x. their is alot more killing than what you know. i dont know if anyone relizes it or not but gas prices arent that great and we dont claim any of that land. me and my boys are keeping those bad guys fighting us on different soil cause it is easier for them to try to get into those countries to kill infidels. way easier there than here. so just keep those things in mind. war isnt always the right answer but it keeps it further away from here when we do it in hodgie countries.

TheyCallMeX
12-05-2010, 02:09 PM
easy on that one x. their is alot more killing than what you know. i dont know if anyone relizes it or not but gas prices arent that great and we dont claim any of that land. me and my boys are keeping those bad guys fighting us on different soil cause it is easier for them to try to get into those countries to kill infidels. way easier there than here. so just keep those things in mind. war isnt always the right answer but it keeps it further away from here when we do it in hodgie countries.

Gas prices aren't that great because the dickheads with $ in it are making more than ever before!

The price of oil was near $30 something a barrel post 9/11 when gas was near $4.00 a gallon. Now its Still over $3.00 per and oil is closer to $90 per. It's about money. War is profitable, it creates jobs, and stimulates the economy. Our downfall will be that of Rome, Greece, and everyone else who attempted a militaristic take over. Too much money spent on military, and not enough on education.

HILLBILLY
12-06-2010, 12:08 AM
I am right there with you. 10 years of two bullshit wars....This war is about money and territory and nothing more. I HONESTLY believe the last war where we were actually trying to kill people, was WWII. I mean, we fucked some people up in that. War isn't THE answer....but in some scenarios, it is ONE ANSWER! We dropped two hydrogen bombs on Japan and messed their shit up real quick. Why not do the same to the middle east and get our boys and girls outta there? It's not the same anymore.

Money > Human Lives

Oil > Human Lives

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://peoplesgeography.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/us-foreign-policy-flow-chart.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php%3Faz%3Dview_all%26address%3D389x222776 8&usg=__aP99CIeOI5Affd47nBWUVVtE64o=&h=635&w=504&sz=52&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=HUA_oJwjUtztHM:&tbnh=145&tbnw=115&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpolitical%2Bforeign%2Bpolicy%2Bchart% 26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D6 07%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=126&vpy=213&dur=0&hovh=252&hovw=200&tx=120&ty=152&ei=gpz7TLilGIKdlgeau8yJBQ&oei=gpz7TLilGIKdlgeau8yJBQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0

I hear ya, but their not gonna drop a nuke in Iraq due to the oil they would lose out on nor Afghanistan due to the heroin production. I think it was the movie The American Drug War that pointed this out, when the Taliban had control over there it was like 40% of Afgan heroin made it to the US, since the war it's like 90% now and here is a little clip below of a Colonel saying how they protect & help the poppy farms over there. Mind you he states that their trying to teach them to farm different things, but come on now we're helping with the poppy industry, what kinda bullshit is that? Just let's ya know how dirty the government really is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clca6YtYvCI&feature=related

This one shows a news clipping where Russia calls for the spraying of the poppy fields and NATO say no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChIF6yvTL6k&feature=related

-HB-