PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous/Wikileaks

TheyCallMeX
12-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Anyone here participate in the gathering known as Anonymous? They basically back internet freedom and wikileaks/Julian Assange. It's mainly a bunch of younger teens to college aged kids. I saw what they were all about through irc the other night, and man...It's really something. Mastercard/Visa/Amazon and Sarah Palin all got a hell of a lot of traffic and visitors. That's all I'm gonna say lol :D

guns01
12-12-2010, 10:14 AM
i def dont agree with the leaking of military secrets and such. but i am all about freedoms and freedom of speech

Skeletor
12-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Definately shouldn't be leakin military seacrets on wiki. That's just down right ridiculous

rocco-x
12-17-2010, 05:58 PM
i still don't understand what it actually was/is...did they leak pertinent info in the name of free speech/don't they know they jeopardize every military operation as well as all covert ops.call me wrong but i think the press takes this amendment a little to far but when Habib is on their fucking front manicured lawns with 45lbs of c4/rdx strapped to a finger release pressure switch then they start cryin like little twats and nuthuggers.don't get me wrong this government does some shit no one will ever find out about but to leak shit to the public...for what,bullshit ratings?man that gets what's ever left of my shrinking nutsack all twisted,and nobody twists my nuts except one legged homeless mexican midget prostitues i pay with American coin so back off wiki-diki...rant over.:mad:

guns01
12-17-2010, 07:48 PM
damn roc that was bad ass

prometheus
12-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Stay the hell away from Anonymous. NSA hackers are all over that shit. Assange and Wikileaks, however I support wholeheartedly. I'm a firm believer in knowing what all kinds of underhanded shit our gov't is into. Take from that what you will.

TheyCallMeX
12-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Stay the hell away from Anonymous. NSA hackers are all over that shit. Assange and Wikileaks, however I support wholeheartedly. I'm a firm believer in knowing what all kinds of underhanded shit our gov't is into. Take from that what you will.

LOL NSA hackers are cracking me up in the mIRC chat. They are scrolling bots letting us know of our penalties per each country. SO effective I tell ya.

prometheus
12-31-2010, 01:00 AM
I'd call that misdirection. They're smart enough to know they have an mIRC audience, so they broadcast (what they want you to hear). They scroll ineffective, rather comical "duh" bots out there, presuming we're so gullible to think that is all they are up to. In fact, they're counting on it. Classic misdirection.

LOL NSA hackers are cracking me up in the mIRC chat. They are scrolling bots letting us know of our penalties per each country. SO effective I tell ya.

TheyCallMeX
01-01-2011, 03:09 AM
I'd call that misdirection. They're smart enough to know they have an mIRC audience, so they broadcast (what they want you to hear). They scroll ineffective, rather comical "duh" bots out there, presuming we're so gullible to think that is all they are up to. In fact, they're counting on it. Classic misdirection.

May work for the script kiddies, but DDoS are not illegal by law in the US, just the UK and other countries but I can see all that changing soon.

prometheus
01-07-2011, 09:21 AM
May work for the script kiddies, but DDoS are not illegal by law in the US, just the UK and other countries but I can see all that changing soon.

On this you and I are in solid agreement. DDoS attacks are not illegal and should never be. They're a legitimate tactic, but they are a legitimate tactic for both sides. Making them inherantly fair.

My only advice was that the general public shouldn't knowingly lend their processing power (and IP) to a group that's found itself on the wrong side of the DOJ. A skilled hacker, properly protected, lending their support to Wikileaks and Assange is something I totally support. The general unprotected public is going to find themselves with more trouble than they bargained for. Federal prosecuters are pricks. Talented pricks, and they have a 98% conviction rate.

The fact that we're even slightly considering Assange a villan In this country astonishes me! It wasn't that long ago that the Pentagon Papers likewise embarrased "important" people, and revealed things that we citizens should know about our own government activities. Abu Gharab and My Lai are things we need to know about. National security be damned, these things are being done in our name. I'm not comfotable with that.