PDA

View Full Version : any personal trainers here

bluegill
01-06-2011, 07:46 PM
I just moved and have all the ace cert books as well as the issa books so if anyone needs them lmk there just gathering dust.

Big B
01-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Got em both among few others...good book to keep! Even though some are so similar with each other

bluegill
01-06-2011, 09:41 PM
i thought the ace was a bit harder than the issa but agree both good books

Big B
01-06-2011, 09:46 PM
You currently PT? My last certification I did all online...it was nice

bluegill
01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
You currently PT? My last certification I did all online...it was nice

nah I have a few certs never did anything with em, which did u do online?

Apples
01-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Im NFPT But would like ACE TBH. If anything just to see the difference of there programs. Each one seems like they are a bit different. Most all my trainers are NFPT also. But one of my buddy's is ACE. He was before I got my cert. I have the NFPT manual if anyone wants to study for it.

guns01
01-07-2011, 05:46 AM
i agree ace and issa are the way to go. most of my boys are one or the other. the guys on base and that work with my unit have to b ace

Born2Juice4Ever
01-07-2011, 06:37 AM
I have actually been in contact with ISSA a few times the last weeks myself,
There is a course by ICS Canada that is VERY VERY in depth, and I studied the ISSA break down as well...both very competitive.

The ISSA course is 600.00 roughly, and the Canadian course is 1500.00

I just paid the ICS course myself, and have the first 7 lessons in my PC already.

I have started it already and cannot wait to continue it.

B2J

guns01
01-07-2011, 07:15 AM
hell b2j with your culinary/nutrition background, you having a pesonal train cert, u should be able to rake in some serious dough, no pun intended

Born2Juice4Ever
01-07-2011, 08:38 AM
hell b2j with your culinary/nutrition background, you having a pesonal train cert, u should be able to rake in some serious dough, no pun intended

Hey bro you know what is tearing me apart.
I went to university to become a Chief Financial Officer. (C.F.O)
Worked the scene for almost 8 years, but at the age of 30 I discovered that my passion is cooking.
Last year I went back to school, and spent another 10k in it, to become a chef.
I have been cooking for 5 years, owned a bistro the last 3 years.

But after doing the O.P.A. show this past November, I really want to follow and get thIS BIG urge out of my system.
I see 90% of personal trainers are skinny rags, that look like they never lifted 10 pounds in their life.
MOST people at our gyms, look up and for guys like US....WE know what is going on with the Iron and in the kitchen.

I make around 70k yearly, and have a big overhead, but lots of tied up equity in the restaurant.

Once I get certified I am def willing to explore a 3rd and final career change.

My outlook is very positive for when it comes to Personal training.

B2J

bluegill
01-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Hey bro you know what is tearing me apart.
I went to university to become a Chief Financial Officer. (C.F.O)
Worked the scene for almost 8 years, but at the age of 30 I discovered that my passion is cooking.
Last year I went back to school, and spent another 10k in it, to become a chef.
I have been cooking for 5 years, owned a bistro the last 3 years.

But after doing the O.P.A. show this past November, I really want to follow and get thIS BIG urge out of my system.
I see 90% of personal trainers are skinny rags, that look like they never lifted 10 pounds in their life.
MOST people at our gyms, look up and for guys like US....WE know what is going on with the Iron and in the kitchen.

I make around 70k yearly, and have a big overhead, but lots of tied up equity in the restaurant.

Once I get certified I am def willing to explore a 3rd and final career change.

My outlook is very positive for when it comes to Personal training.

B2J

thats great bro its good to hear guys that are willing to still take chances and not just be a worker bee,I wish the best of luck to you man! If you do need those issa books send me a pm.

guns01
01-07-2011, 10:38 AM
the best thing about pt is you get what you put into it and the rewards on the back end are unlimited. you are right, ppl definately seek us out especially when they see the huge changes that we are able to make in a fairly short period of time. i am going to get my recert done as soon as i retire out as well.

ketsugo
01-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I just moved and have all the ace cert books as well as the issa books so if anyone needs them lmk there just gathering dust.

Is that the huge one thats like 4 inches thick? I was thinking about trying it, how much you want ?

bluegill
01-07-2011, 05:00 PM
yea its the thick one BigDan is getting the issa books if u need the ace books lmk you can have em like I told BigDan if it can help ya lmkl there just getting dust on em