PDA

View Full Version : Greendot froze my acct. Read this

fullybuilt
01-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Greendot is one fucked up company. So check this out. Got my accont frozen b/c i withdrew money from an atm too many times. The guy on the phone even agreed with me its a stupid policy. And your card is cancelled and you cant get another card. Luckily i only had $200 left on the card and he unfroze it but as of the 1st of Feb its cancelled and they mail you a check for whats left. Luckily i can pull the rest of it out tonight. Most who have a bogus greendot better keep the info you originally signed up with b/c they ask the name,social,etc.. So i asked him the policies and this is what he said. First you can never have more than $2500 on your card. When you go one cent over $2500 they freeze it. 2nd, you cant put more thank $4k per month on the card. You go over one cent the freeze it. 3rd, if you use at atm more than 3x per week they can freeze the card. 4th if you reload your pack more than 3x per week they can freeze your account. Now i would use the atm everday to draw $$ out maybe thats why, but this info is important for GD users so take note of it.

bluegill
01-21-2011, 09:45 PM
I use mine all the time without them freezin it. That's fukd up it makes no sence did he tell u why?

Wolverine252
01-21-2011, 10:34 PM
They like being able to STEAL money from frozen cards
I am sure a lot of people use false info for them and when time comes to unfreeze a card they dont remember the info
GD comes up

I know banks freeze your card with too many atm withdrawls or odd usage to combat theft but I dont think GD cares if your card is stolen
They want to rob you themselves

HILLBILLY
01-21-2011, 11:30 PM
They like being able to STEAL money from frozen cards
I am sure a lot of people use false info for them and when time comes to unfreeze a card they dont remember the info
GD comes up

I know banks freeze your card with too many atm withdrawls or odd usage to combat theft but I dont think GD cares if your card is stolen
They want to rob you themselves
That's what it sounds like to me, i love how it's your money but we're gonna tell ya how or when your gonna spend it type shit. Remember the Evo Cash? Everybody thought that was the greatest, until a lot of bros lost some mega cheddar using it.

-HB-

fullybuilt
01-21-2011, 11:59 PM
I use mine all the time without them freezin it. That's fukd up it makes no sence did he tell u why?

yes b/c i used the atm too many times. Read above i stated how they can freeze it. They can freeze it if
1.) You ever have more than $2500 on your card
2.) if you ever go over $4000 per month
3.) If you ever load more than 3 packs per week
4.) If you ever use the atm more than 3x per week.

Now also another reason why this could have happend b/c the info i had on the card. The guys 1st name was josh and I accidently put james LOL the card still came and everything and worked for a few weeks but the guy originally told me on the phone(i used a prepaid) that the first name didnt match the ss#. I quickly realized my mistake and told him i go by both names. And he bought it and said no problem and made a note of it. Im wondering if that is what originally drew attention to my acct and thats why the froze it. Im sure the rules he said apply but the probably dont have time to check everyones account activity. BUT he did say those are the rules for freezing the account so when i get more GD cards i'll make sure to follow the 4 rules i posted above.

guns01
01-22-2011, 09:34 AM
thats some bullshit fb. i have to agree with wolverine on this one as well. seems like a damn good way to earn good funds very easily

TheyCallMeX
01-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I should have posted something about this. They have done this FOREVER.

They have about $387.00 of my cash.

Oh, another thing...and this is why I discontinued greendot myself.

If a customer wants to know who used their reload number, they can find out by calling customer service.

Be fucking careful fellas. This was a blessing now its a curse!

fullybuilt
01-22-2011, 02:35 PM
I dont mind if a customer finds that out b/c all my GD's are in names that have no association to me. I think im still going to use GD when i get a few more cards but only gonna follow the 4rules i posted above. It will be easier with more than one card.

jcp
01-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Well we gotta understand that they're not stupid...they know these cards are being used for unlawful purposes and they have to use methods that will curtail it being used for that purpose...ordinary citizens using the card aren't going to go above the standards they've set for its use. When money is being loaded onto a card and then drawn right back out the same or next day that just doesn't look good.

The only answer for that is multiple cards such as FB stated above.

bluegill
01-22-2011, 05:04 PM
I also have a net spend card which works all time. Its not as common in stores to load but work well.

fullybuilt
01-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Also what a gay ass rule that they can freeze your account if you actually load your card with a money pack more than 3x per week. So if you wanna load over $500 and someone sends you 2 money packs thats 2x right there. But I guess Walmarts money packs allow up to $1100 per pack and everywhere else is $500 so for bigger orders its best for the customer to load the money pack at walmart.

Fng
01-23-2011, 06:55 PM
thanks for the heads up.

JerkKILLER
01-24-2011, 04:16 AM
I told you guys those things were bad news

CASH is the only way to go duUUuuh :D what do I got to do, spell it out in crayon for you guys? lol