PDA

View Full Version : LE- Whatcha think about this?

apollo
06-13-2011, 10:49 AM
The thread title is not meant towards LE. It's just about LE. It was not meant to be attitudey. I have some opinions but i wanted to see if anybody else thought anything about it.

I got this from a law enforcement web site.

JUSTICE AT LAST

Shawangunk inmate stabbed to death

An inmate at the Shawangunk Correctional Facility in Wallkill, NY was stabbed to death, state corrections officials said. LARRY DAVIS, 41, was serving a 25 year to life sentence for shooting a suspected drug dealer to death in the Bronx. Davis was stabbed several times by an inmate with a 12 inch by 1 1/2 inch homemade metal shank, state officials said. Another inmate was being held for questioning in the death. Davis had a major run in with the law back in 1986 when he wounded six NYPD Police Officers during a gunfight. At his trial, the defense contended that the officers were trying to kill Davis because he had knowledge about police corruption, and that he opened fire in self-defense. Prosecutors said Davis was trying to evade arrest by shooting at the officers. A jury acquitted him of attempted murder and aggravated assault. The gunfight and Davis' flight from the law made him a folk hero to some and a symbol of outrage to others, especially law enforcement. More than 1,500 officers incensed by the verdict gathered outside the courthouse to demand the maximum penalty. It took many years but Larry finally met his maker!!! Once again……”Justice Prevails”!!!

guns01
06-13-2011, 02:06 PM
incredible just incredible

TheyCallMeX
06-28-2011, 09:25 AM
incredible just incredible

Cops are part of a corrupt system, and while there may be "Good cops" they are still part of that corrupt system. I almost went that route after college, with my BS in Criminal Justice. However, I could never be one of those guys hiding behind a uniform and arresting others while I myself don't abide by the penal code (AAS usage).

People always look at me when I have three heads when I say that and say, "Law Enforcement isn't corrupt!"....in which I respond to them, "Law Enforcements JOB is to make someone look AS GUILTY AS POSSIBLE before the case is turned over to the judicial system."

When has ANYONE ever heard a cop say, "I know this man is innocent....and even though I have to arrest him, by God, I'll prove him innocent in court!"

ketsugo
06-28-2011, 10:11 AM
I think I saw Marshall Cheyenne Body try to prove a mans innocense on an episode the other day LMAO

TheyCallMeX
06-28-2011, 10:46 AM
I think I saw Marshall Cheyenne Body try to prove a mans innocense on an episode the other day LMAO

God dammit. That's a first!!! lol

TheChosen1
07-10-2011, 06:07 AM
I've had my share of corrupt cops when I, myself, was LE back in the 80's & 90's. Two cops in our agency were put in Death Row in 1994. But over the years since I've quit LE, I've lost all respect for LE, due their profile practices.

airagee23
07-10-2011, 06:51 PM
He was featured on American Gangsters.