PDA

View Full Version : Bigorexia

FUZO
06-22-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4j1obXY_2o&feature=player_embedded#at=25

Skeletor
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I had seen this before..that guy is freakin' huge..not sure what's on his mind

ketsugo
07-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Lmao bigotexia is a type of body dysmorphic disorder. Am unhealthy obsession where no matter how huge one becomes. They still see themselves as scrawny lol. Imagine that?

geeezer
07-09-2011, 08:08 AM
That's Sad ,Poor guy I'm sure it has ruined his life.

sigman roid
07-09-2011, 09:03 AM
I think at some point we all go through that

guns01
07-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Lmao bigotexia is a type of body dysmorphic disorder. Am unhealthy obsession where no matter how huge one becomes. They still see themselves as scrawny lol. Imagine that?

i think that all of us competitors have this to an extent. think of it this way, we are always trying to bring a pkg that is bigger and better every time we step up on stage. i dont think to this extent of obsession but to a lesser degree.

MPMC
07-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Holy shit!! Ive have this. Luckily i have the cure for it as well. :)

1bigun11
07-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Much of this seems to be spin and labels. One person says "unhealthy compulsuion," where another sees "extreme focus and discipline." One person criticizes our "dis-satisfaction with present strength and appearance," whereas someone else praises our drive to break personal records. Rather than labeling this guy a psycho and turning him into a crybaby his scrawny therapist should have praised him for his discipline and dedication--and picked up a barbell himself.

TheyCallMeX
07-09-2011, 02:17 PM
I was diagnosed with this at 20 years old and started use at 17 from pro hormones. At 19 I was on gear. I stopped everything at 22, went into tremendous bouts of depression for three years because of all of the size/strength/mass I had lost and my condition. Eventually I realized that my desire to compete against others onstage would never be fulfilling until I was able to compete with myself and be happy with myself. Now I'm much older, have accepted myself, I'm happy whether I'm on or off (although I prefer to be on, of course) who wouldn't. lol

guns01
07-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Much of this seems to be spin and labels. One person says "unhealthy compulsuion," where another sees "extreme focus and discipline." One person criticizes our "dis-satisfaction with present strength and appearance," whereas someone else praises our drive to break personal records. Rather than labeling this guy a psycho and turning him into a crybaby his scrawny therapist should have praised him for his discipline and dedication--and picked up a barbell himself.

very well said 1bigun11

irish_2003
07-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I had seen this before..that guy is freakin' huge..not sure what's on his mind

i must suffer from it then too because i don't think he's that big.....he's smaller on his frame than i am on mine by the looks of the video

Moxie
07-16-2011, 11:46 AM
I'd have to agree bros I think all body bodybuilders go through this at some point, but it's not necessarily "unhealthy".

BTW why do they blur out ronnies face on the poster on the wall 3 minutes into the vid? LOL!

damage
07-23-2011, 09:08 PM
i must suffer from it then too because i don't think he's that big.....he's smaller on his frame than i am on mine by the looks of the video

LOl I was thinking the same thing. He is a regular big guy, not huge or a monster....... Personally I think he could stand to get a little bigger .

I must have bigorexia.

ChemicallyEngineered
07-24-2011, 06:54 AM
The thing with bigorexia is that you don't see the real you in the mirror, just like an anorexic person still sees the fat person in the mirror. I have gone from 136lbs at 5'10" to 207lbs and i still think i just look ok. I constantly compare myself to others in the gym who i think are close to my size. Yet i am constantly told iam bigger than them and in my head i know that i must be but i just can't see it. I guess another problem is it's not like you can stop everyone and be like "excuse me, can you stand shoulder to shoulder with me so i can see how we compare?"
There is a guy who trains in the morning at my gym and he is constantly asking my advice and complimenting me. I dont necessarily see myself as bigger per se, i see myself just as having a better overall package and looking more like a bodybuilder. But when he told me he only weighs 168lbs it hit me that i outweight him by 40lbs so i must be a lot bigger than him. Self image is a tricky thing to change, at least for me.

ChemicallyEngineered
07-24-2011, 07:02 AM
I also think it's relative to who is doing the comparing. If you compare yourself to the average middle aged person(i'm 36yrsold) then i'm sure most people would say they are better than the average person. But we aren't looking to the average american for a comparison, we look up to the pro's and they way i see it i'm a good 30-40lbs off of that mark and it seems so elusive. And while only a small percentage of people out there will get to that point of development, it is still the ideal proportions that i seek. For me anything less looks like a "fitness model" not a bodybuilder. I want it to be unmistakeable that i am a bodybuilder no matter what i wear. Evan Centopani was quote saying "Small guys wear underarmour shirts to try and show that they have muscle. When you are really big your muscles show no matter what you wear." That's kinda the same mindset I have. If your traps, delts, back and chest are busting out of a xxl t-shirt and it's still hanging loose at the waiste then you might be big. Well i guess that's enough insight into my sickness.....