PDA

View Full Version : Arrest warrant issued for WR Terrell Owens

kingvillan
11-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Another deadbeat dad...this time it's TO!

Arrest warrant issued for WR Terrell Owens

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — An arrest warrant was issued for Terrell Owens after he failed to show up for a court date regarding child support payments.
Diana Bianchini, a spokeswoman for Owens, said Saturday the free-agent wide receiver tried to reschedule an Oct. 24 hearing in Contra Costa County Court because he had set up a televised workout in the hopes of hooking on with an NFL club. No teams attended the workout.
According to Bianchini, Owens was looking for a new attorney and was representing himself while trying to change the court date. She said his new attorneys will deal with the warrant issued this week.
Bianchini said Owens is seeking to modify his child support payments because they were based on the approximately $12 million a year he was making in 2007 when he played for the Dallas Cowboys.
The 37-year-old Owens has been rehabilitating a left knee injury that required surgery. He played 14 games for the Cincinnati Bengals last season, making 72 receptions and scoring nine touchdowns.

irish_2003
11-06-2011, 01:08 PM
this doesn't mean he isn't wanting to pay....sounds like he's doing what any many would do when their income changes which is trying to get the payment amount changed, but the date conflicted with an important part of him possibly working in football again.....the title is misleading

liftsiron
11-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I can't believe the guy is broke lol.

irish_2003
11-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I can't believe the guy is broke lol.

he's not broke....his money is all tied up in assets, properties, business ventures......he doesn't have cashflow currently....that's a very common misconception people have about "rich" people....they're not liquid....hell even billionaire mavericks owner mark cuban only averages 150k in his checking account.....

alluprbdy
11-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Child support shouldnt be based on income like that, it should have a max out just like SS tax, max it out at $106,000/yr. That chick is prob living the good life of that child support

guns01
11-06-2011, 06:02 PM
yep i agree allp. why should she be able to sit on her ass and make more money than a poor blue collar family doesnt get the same deal. should be the same across the board. if he wants to provide more just for the kids then that should be his choice not the courts

DAG
11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
IMO, the athletes make way to much and she wants way to much.They are all getting to much, LOL, but thats my opinion.:)

geeezer
11-06-2011, 06:45 PM
He is the Daddy She Get what is do.
Sets up a Gig and court on the Same Date?
He failed to show up for a court date .

MindlessWork
11-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Child support shouldnt be based on income like that, it should have a max out just like SS tax, max it out at $106,000/yr. That chick is prob living the good life of that child support

Yup thats what they all try for...the big fat gravy train. As the law is stacked against the male, there seems to be almost nothing short of a long legal battle to fix it

rocco-x
11-07-2011, 05:55 PM
i agree with guns01.this guy goes on the feild and gets beat up,makes the money and along comes a woman who gets knocked up by him,whether they were married or not idk since i hate football,but seems to me more women are hookin up with high pay atheletes,get knocked up and demand 1/3rd of their wealth.if i was to somehow hook up with a hot female 7 figure making doctor tonight,get her pregnant a year from now,prove i be that there babys daddy you think for one moment i'd get a taste of her cake...?think not.turn the tables and the woman gets it all.
now regular people like us it's a different story.we've got kids makin kids and no father figures in the home with 5 babies and 4 different baby mommas.those are the guys the state needs to go after and get some paper out they asses.not the sports figures cause they're easy targets.just glad i never knocked up a chick when i was making big time money back then,unless it would've been my e-x-wife.that i'd kill for...

JerkKILLER
11-08-2011, 02:43 AM
I agree, very misleading title. Whatever it takes to have a shock factor, so people will read it or buy a stupid newspaper. Damn journalists