PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva Wants to Fight Chael Sonnen in Brazil: Fan Reaction

kingvillan
11-17-2011, 04:03 AM
Anderson Silva Wants to Fight Chael Sonnen in Brazil: Fan Reaction
By David King, Yahoo! Contributor Network

UFC president Dana White recently confirmed the rematch between current middleweight champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva and Chael Sonnen. The UFC hasn't officially announced a date or venue for the event, but Silva seems to have an idea of his own. Silva recently made things even more interesting, suggesting he'll rather fight Sonnen in Brazil.

"I don't like this guy," Silva told Jeff Gluck in a recent interview. "This guy [wants to] fight me? Go to Brazil. No problem… Chael talks too much. I'm ready to fight Chael. But you have the chance… go to Brazil to fight me."

Silva vs. Sonnen taking place in Brazil will definitely be something to remember, as the UFC's middleweight champion put on a clinic against Yushin Okami in the promotion's last event in the South-American nation. UFC 134 was a huge success for the promotion, with enthusiastic Brazilian fans filling up the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Making it a reality won't be easy for Dana White though, given the fact Sonnen isn't exactly loved in Brazil. Sonnen planned to corner Yushin Okami at UFC 134, but the Portland native was eventually forced to skip the trip to Brazil due to the high number of threats he received (and pressure from Okami's sponsors).

Holding any event that involves Sonnen in Brazil will have some challenges, but it certainly isn't impossible for the UFC. Brazil is set to hold the 2016 Summer Olympics, and their security infrastructure isn't as poor as some would think.

A fight between Silva and Sonnen in Brazil will certainly sell out any venue in Brazil, and the atmosphere will nothing short of electrifying.

There is no question a rematch between Silva and Sonnen will be successful regardless of venue, but taking it to Brazil will take the drama to a whole new level. Brazilian MMA fans will like to see the champion defend his belt against his toughest challenger in Brazil, and I'm sure "The Spider" will put on another impressive performance.

The IM Troll
11-17-2011, 06:44 AM
Come fight Troll pussy!