Two things get TuckerMax visibly worked up: stories about eight-roper blowjobs and boning midgets, andtalking about his critics -- or, rather, the critics who ignore him altogether. I met himat the office of his publicist on Madison Avenue in New York. I'd never read his writing,so I figured on a judgment-free first impression of a guy with huge fans and equallyzealous haters. There's something developmentally off about Max, and he'sthe first to admit it. “You have to understand, me at 27 was maybe a normal guy atlike 19 or 20,” he said. “I kind of joke about it, but it really is true,dude. I was not developmentally disabled but didn't mature at the same rate other kidsdid.” He's an intelligent guy by our major objective standards, educated at theUniversity of Chicago and Duke Law School. But he wore sweatpants to the interview and hasa habit of licking his teeth when he talks. This is the thing aboutTucker Max: He's been one step ahead of the criticism game since he launched his site,which states "My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole" on its homepage. So calling himone is sort of like trying to knock out a guy wearing samurai armor with a roundhousekick. You've got to get in there with some jujitsu. "I pee in the sink and quickly exit, refusing to touch any surface." -TuckerMax

At 35, Max is releasing Hilarity Ensues and Sloppy Seconds, two booksmeant to be the final written words about the exploits with women that made him a NewYork Times best-selling author. “These two books put the ribbon onthose stories,” he said. “It doesn't mean I'm not going to drink ever again orhook up ever again, but I'm not going to interact with [the] world the way I did 10 yearsago. It's the difference between being a boy and being a man.” ForMax, the past five years have been about growing up and forming better habits. He hasadopted a “paleo” diet, trains in mixed martialarts, sees an analyst, and talks about taking responsibility for his actions.“At 27, I would have run through a wall to smell pussy,” he said. “NowI'm trying to figure out how to be a man the right way. It's easy to say, 'Takeresponsibility.' It's another thing to do it. I'm in the process of learning, on agranular level, how to do things.” This is admirable. Everyone makes mistakes,and anyone who isn't a sociopath will make behavioral adjustments along the way. There areplenty of people who think highly of Max (aside from his legions of fans, whose opinionswe'll set aside for now). Fellow best-selling author TimFerriss met him at SXSW in 2007 and has seen a decent side of Max. “Tucker is very generous with his friends, sure, but he's also routinely nice tostrangers,” Ferriss said. “It's hysterical to see people shocked by this 'outof character' behavior. On the flip side, he can absolutely speak to you like he has noprefrontal cortex filter, but that's Tucker. Love it or hate it, he will tell you hishonest opinion. He's not for the faint of heart.” Continue Reading

http://www.askmen.com/entertainment/better_look_3800/3856_tucker-max-interview.html ]More...[/url]