Last night, CarmeloAnthony rejoined the New York Knicks, a team that has re-emerged as a power thanks tothe antics of the previously unheralded point guard JeremyLin. Since becoming the Knicks’ starting point guard, the Harvard grad and Dleague castoff has ignited an international media frenzy, while getting achampionship-starved fan base to drool from the mouth at what’s fast becoming one ofthe greatest underdog stories in the history of professional sports. But with thenotoriously selfish Anthony eager to make an impact, many have wondered if NewYork’s old superstar can coexist with its new one. Despite last night’s lossto the Nets, the jury is still out. We think it must have been kind of awkwardfor Anthony to return to Linsanity, so here we imagine what their conversation would havebeen like before yesterday's game.Carmelo: Yo, Jeremy. Whereis everyone?Jeremy: We’re early, I guess. How’sthe groin?Carmelo: Feeling good man, feeling good.Today’s definitely the day. I’m excited to get out there.Jeremy: That’s good news, Melo.Carmelo: Call me Carmelo.Jeremy:That’s good news, Carmelo. We’re excited to have you back.Carmelo: Listen, man, I wanted to personally thank you for carrying theload while I was out. You did good. The city loves you.Jeremy: Yeah, these last couple weeks have been pretty crazy. DerekJeter called me last night.Carmelo: Derek called you?Jeremy: Yeah, just to welcome me to the brotherhood, and toremind me that us winners have to look out for each other in this town.Carmelo: Oh, yeah, of course [laughs nervously]. He called me too whenI was traded here last year.Jeremy: Yeah, and that welcomedinner at Mayor Bloomberg’s house! How intense was that?Carmelo: You got invited to mayor -- I mean, yeah! So intense!Jeremy: Anyways, I’m just trying to stay focused on winning,despite how Linsane everything’s been.Carmelo: Thingshave definitely been Linsane around here. But Melo’s back now, so things can go backto being Carmelawesome.Jeremy: I’ve never heard thatone before, Carmelo. Did you just invent that yourself?Carmelo: No, I didn’t just invent that, it existed before. Youjust never heard about it, I guess. With all due respect, Jeremy, this is my team. In caseyou forgot, I’m a five-time all star, a gold medal winner, and I’m married tothe La LaVasquez, of La La’s Full Court Wedding fame.Jeremy: With all due respect, Carmelo, the Knicks were losing with youin the lineup, and have been Linning ever since I took the reins. I don’t see why wecan’t coexist.Carmelo: ...co...exist?Jeremy: Yeah! Let our strengths complement one another. I’m apasser, and you’re a scorer. So if you get open, I can pass you the ball and you canshoot it. You know, like in a basketball game.Carmelo: Idon’t have to pass back?Jeremy: Not if you have an openshot!Carmelo: So I can still be a star?Jeremy: We can both be stars.Carmelo: Whatabout Amare?Jeremy: He can be our Chris Bosh.Carmelo: Can I come to Mayor Bloomberg’s house with yousometime?Jeremy: Of course you can, Carmelo. Of course youcan.Carmelo: Hey, Jeremy -- call me ‘Melo. Continue Reading

http://www.askmen.com/sports/fanatic_400/407_jeremy-lin-and-carmelo-anthony.html ]More...[/url]