• Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this happen in other cities??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      aragorn1500 is offline Honored Member
      Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 139
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Does this happen in other cities??

I live in a fairly large urban area, and everyday I read in the news that another young black male has been killed. Here's what I don't understand, everytime this happens the black community finds the nearest tv camera and blames someone else. It doesn't matter if it's the cops, the city or George Bush.

Why do they blame others when it's real simple whose at fault here: other black males!

I'm not trying to come off as racist here, I just can't figure out why they are blaming the wrong group. If everyone is ok with blaming muslims with terrorism, why is it so hard to blame blacks for black on black crime??

A white guy didn't go in the hood and shoot up some brothers, it was someone from that community.

Does this happen in other cities?

any1uno is offline V.I.P
      Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 193
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

It's not as prevelant here where I live but share the same opinion. I am not racist..I believe in equality for everyone and know there is no difference between us all.

spook77 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 49
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Happens all the time where i live matter fact two black man were killed today trying to rob another black man for drugs.No murder charges because they enter the other guys house.But he did get charged with the crack the police found at his house.crazy ass shit.wonder who they will blame it on probably the crack?

s7v7n is offline Member
      Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by spook77 View Post
      Happens all the time where i live matter fact two black man were killed today trying to rob another black man for drugs.No murder charges because they enter the other guys house.But he did get charged with the crack the police found at his house.crazy ass shit.wonder who they will blame it on probably the crack?
      They will blame the white guy for making the crack

EASTBAY is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
      Overall activity: 1.5%
      Achievements:
      is Ready for winter

I am:
      Cool

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Thumbs down Real thick skin

So Since i paid my debt to society I will chime in on this..... And since I am a product of a BI Racial Family I can understand both sides but side with one.

Here is my opinion.... If you were black and born in the 70's you felt racial tension growing up in the 80's(Reaganomics). But as all young black men and women are growing up, they are showed the history books, stories, and countless crimes committed against one race, the only race legally enslaved in the USA.

So now since 100 years since slavery, and 40 years since the end of segregation...does'nt seem that long ago. But in the White community some lament that the black community should "get over it". They say this simply because there are rich black athletes and rappers and sucessful business men. Which is a really small percentage when you consider the USA as a whole.

So you what you do is clump a lot of people who dont have the skills to do the jobs that pay 50k a year....doesnt seem like much does it...but these people are surviving on 8.00 an hour for a family of four!!!

So to feed thier kids people will do what they got to do.....sell drugs, steal, lie.....and so on just so they can live. Now this isnt the case in ALL SITUATIONS.

Now....since i have the ability to walk as a white person in the winter because my skin is so fair and my eyes are light....and my features are of a caucasion person...i can pass as a white person and have many many times ...and I can tell you....there is still Racism ESPECIALLY in the the South, places like, Baltimore where living on the other side of the tracks REALLY means living on the other side.

Yes there are reasons to point fingers......Simply because.....politcally..the government doesnt care about poor urban areas that dont provide enough taxes for them to collect. So...the community goes down....and everything in it.

So the community has to raise a voice and get heard so that there is change....cause thats all they know. It works.....because when the cameras come the the world can see. But if things dont change, and the cameras leave.....there is hell to pay....and the community especially the ones that are in the deep south pay for it.

Yes sometimes it does seem like overkill, blaming everyone....but really you have to look outside the box on a national scale. Its bigger than just complaining and pointing fingers and responsibility much bigger.

The only way you could understand how one would feel is to travel to an area where your the minority and your race is looked at negatively to some degree.
      And immerse yourself in it....

Like Iraq.....white or black....they dont like you and your color and attitude...they feel like Americans are heathens and unrifined. Your not even allowed to touch a Muslim man or woman.....you can get killed for that .

Sound familiar...yes...the same situation was here in the USA only a 100 years ago.

EB

EASTBAY is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
      Overall activity: 1.5%
      Achievements:
      is Ready for winter

I am:
      Cool

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by EASTBAY View Post
      So Since i paid my debt to society I will chime in on this..... And since I am a product of a BI Racial Family I can understand both sides but side with one.

Here is my opinion.... If you were black and born in the 70's you felt racial tension growing up in the 80's(Reaganomics). But as all young black men and women are growing up, they are showed the history books, stories, and countless crimes committed against one race, the only race legally enslaved in the USA.

So now since 100 years since slavery, and 40 years since the end of segregation...does'nt seem that long ago. But in the White community some lament that the black community should "get over it". They say this simply because there are rich black athletes and rappers and sucessful business men. Which is a really small percentage when you consider the USA as a whole.

So you what you do is clump a lot of people who dont have the skills to do the jobs that pay 50k a year....doesnt seem like much does it...but these people are surviving on 8.00 an hour for a family of four!!!

So to feed thier kids people will do what they got to do.....sell drugs, steal, lie.....and so on just so they can live. Now this isnt the case in ALL SITUATIONS.

Now....since i have the ability to walk as a white person in the winter because my skin is so fair and my eyes are light....and my features are of a caucasion person...i can pass as a white person and have many many times ...and I can tell you....there is still Racism ESPECIALLY in the the South, places like, Baltimore where living on the other side of the tracks REALLY means living on the other side.

Yes there are reasons to point fingers......Simply because.....politcally..the government doesnt care about poor urban areas that dont provide enough taxes for them to collect. So...the community goes down....and everything in it.

So the community has to raise a voice and get heard so that there is change....cause thats all they know. It works.....because when the cameras come the the world can see. But if things dont change, and the cameras leave.....there is hell to pay....and the community especially the ones that are in the deep south pay for it.

Yes sometimes it does seem like overkill, blaming everyone....but really you have to look outside the box on a national scale. Its bigger than just complaining and pointing fingers and responsibility much bigger.

The only way you could understand how one would feel is to travel to an area where your the minority and your race is looked at negatively to some degree.

Like Iraq.....white or black....they dont like you and your color and attitude...they feel like Americans are heathens and unrifined. Your not even allowed to touch a Muslim man or woman.....you can get killed for that .

Sound familiar...yes...the same situation was here in the USA only a 100 years ago.

EB

Oh i forgot to mention....I live in the San Francisco East bay(hence the name). Out here....there is a murder at least every two days.

aragorn1500 is offline Honored Member
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by EASTBAY View Post
      EB

EB,

You make a good point, my view is that when an individual does something wrong they need to step up and take responsibility.

I grew up in the projects and my little sister and I were the only two white kids on the school bus. Guess what?? I got in fights on a weekly basis..WHY?

Because I was the HONKY. I am now educated, have my own place and my own vehicle. I don't steal, rape, or murder anyone. So when I hear on a regular basis Sharpton, Jackson among others blaming the WHITE man because of a crime that a BLACK man committed. I get a little disturbed by that.

I'm not in any way flaming or disrespecting you, I just cannot understand why so many people do this over and over. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if someone's black, brown or blue, I hate everyone equally.

tekki9 is offline Member
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

it does in philly - -

evry dam time!

no body wants to take responsibilty for their actions - -

4gedaboutit!

T9

boston basher is offline Member
      Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn1500 View Post
      I live in a fairly large urban area, and everyday I read in the news that another young black male has been killed. Here's what I don't understand, everytime this happens the black community finds the nearest tv camera and blames someone else. It doesn't matter if it's the cops, the city or George Bush.

Why do they blame others when it's real simple whose at fault here: other black males!

I'm not trying to come off as racist here, I just can't figure out why they are blaming the wrong group. If everyone is ok with blaming muslims with terrorism, why is it so hard to blame blacks for black on black crime??

A white guy didn't go in the hood and shoot up some brothers, it was someone from that community.

Does this happen in other cities?
      I thappens anywhere they are

In Hulk is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

All I'll say is that segregation only ended 40-50 years ago, that's not that long ago. Racist undertones and segregated communities still linger on. So when you have a small urban area with concentrated amounts of one race, it's going to be "skin tone color on same skin tone color" crime.

Add that with the fact that a large majority of the young african american community thrives on "hip hop" music glorifying gun use, gang affiliation, peddling drugs, and encouraging violence- then it all adds up to an ugly situation.

It's a sad state of affairs. Hopefully things will pan out in the coming years. Hip hop seems to be slowly dieing so that's a good sign : )

Thread Information