As many of you know i am a certified life fitness and cybex repair tech employeed by planet fitness. I have been with my company for 5 1/2yrs and i know they love me and take great care of me as an employee. I have a decent salary, full paid medical for my family, 401k, profit sharing and a company vehicle to travel between the gyms. About 3yrs ago when i was still a trainer at PF i took the NYS department of corrections test. After not making it into the last class a while back i assumed this was no longer an option. Well last week i got my letter asking if i was still interested and wanted to start the interview process. While the starting salary is about $8k less than i make now, i know in the long run it's better. Right now i am salaried so the 60hrs i put in last week because of the renovations we were doing at 2 of our gyms ran behind still equate to just my regular salary. If i worked 60hrs in the prison that would be time and a half. I like the job i do now and don't know if i would like dealing with criminals everyday. I am also intimidating by the background check and interview process. I've been told millions of times that they aren't looking for angels and that what they are looking for is honesty about your past and evidence that you have moved on. I dont want to completely lie about having used gear but i know i would have to lie about the time frame of use. I also have 2 arrests which were ACD'd. Since it was over a decade ago I'd like to believe it wouldn't affect me but who knows. I was also fired from 2 jobs which i usually don't admit to but i would have to for this. At GNC if something was returned to the store opened it was obviously unsaleable and was to be thrown out. I felt that was a waste and if i or my employees wanted to take home something we were supposed to throw out then why not? Of course i knew it was against company policy and it lead to my termination there. At home depot i was fired for making a sexual comment about another memeber of management. Both of these issues were almost a decade ago as well but would they return to haunt me here? I also fear that if i start the process that i will have to lie about taking some time off and i would somehow get caught and jepardize my current job. I'm not one to take time off or use sick time unless i'm dead. Of course it is also a no brainer that with corrections comes a pension and not just a 401k. What if i don't get the job and i have to deal with the rejection and embarassment of that rejection?