Every week, we are highlighting the rad, the bad and the straight-up sad in music. Thisweek: Ellie Goulding gets high, Beck and Childish Gambino collaborate, and Bobby Womackreturns. Catch up on this week’s hits and misses in music:--> Download This

"High For This" (The Weeknd Cover) by Ellie GouldingEthereal songstress Ellie Goulding covers“High For This,” one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite new artists,Toronto’s TheWeeknd. Ellie gives The Weeknd’s sexy, woozy track (which you may remember fromlast season’s Entourage) her own spin, and the results are pretty damnawesome. Check out her genre-bending rendition as well as the original below. P.S. If youdon’t know who The Weeknd is, check that your internet connection works and downloadHouse Of Balloons immediately.
"High For This" by The Weeknd"Silk Pillow" by Childish Gambino andBeckThe music industry is really full of strangebedfellows. No clue how funnyman/rapper/singer Donald Glover (aka Childish Gambino) andBeck hooked up, but they do on “Silk Pillow.” Gambino does his usual emo farewith obscure cultural references to boot, but it’s Beck who steals the show.Coproduced by the duo, this may be the first time in memory that I can completely stomacha Childish Gambino track from start to finish. In a year of strange collaborations, thisodd pairing actually works."Dayglo Reflection" by Bobby Womackfeaturing Lana Del ReyVeteran musician Bobby Womack and pouty-lippedvixen Lana Del Rey join forces in “Dayglo Reflection” from Womack’supcoming album, The Bravest Man in the Universe (June 12th release).Womack’s grainy voice and Del Rey’s wail combine in a soulful yin and yang. Womack described workingwith the sultry newcomer as “two people in a church." He said, "She's one of akind. I've never sung with a girl like that before.""Exodus 23.1" byPusha TShots fired! Pusha T releases a venomous blast,greatly influenced by The Notorious B.I.G.’s sinister “What’sBeef.” The identity of Pusha’s unnamed foe remains a mystery, but Drakeappears to be the target, especially from the line, “You signed to one n*gg* thatsigned to another n*gg*/That's signed to three n*gg*s/now that's bad luck.” The songhas already garnered an somewhat subliminal response from Drake as well as an overt attackby Drake’s mentor Lil’ Wayne (see: “Goulish”). A YMCMB/G.O.O.D.Music beef may be just what summer ordered.
--> See This

"No Church in the Wild" by Jay-Z and Kanye WestHelmed by French director Romain Gavras and set inPrague, the video for “No Church in the Wild” is full of social unrest,citizen upheaval, Molotov cocktails and political symbolism (or at least that’s whatI think the elephant at the end represents). Strangely, Jay and Kanye don’t actuallymake an appearance in the clip and neither does Frank Ocean, who provides the song’shook. So much for being able to really “watch” the throne. An impressivevisual nonetheless.
--> Skip This

VH1 Storytellers, Jason Mraz
Get More:I Won't Give Up (VH1 Storytellers Sneak), Music Videos, Live Performances
Jason Mraz gets emotional in his upcoming VH1 Storytellers episode.This particularly sensitive clip shows the beanie-clad singer tearing up (literally) andbeing bummed out when he wrote “I Won’t Give Up.” Somesinger-songwriters really take that whole bleeding artist thing to heart. Grab yourtissues and get prepared to roll your eyes while Mraz has an Oprah moment.
Continue Reading

http://www.askmen.com/entertainment/news/the-playlist-june-1-2012.html ]More...[/url]