Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default I thought pneumonia was bad....

but I was wrong. Here's how my last 2 days went.

My son was diagnosed with pneumonia and is recovering now. It was awful seeing him that sick, but he got better. Well he ended up giving it to me as well. Wasn't long before I felt terrible and my regular doc couldnt see me right away so I went to the ER.

When I got there they took my vitals, my blood pressure was high (151/100) I had a fever of 101 and my heart was racing at 130 bpm. They diagnosed me and put me on an antibiotic, which is all I wanted anyway. But they couldnt get my heart rate down and I was having chest pains (most likely from the crap in my lungs). Anyway one doctor thinks I might be having some heart problems so he orders an EKG. And of course it comes back slightly abnormal so he admits me overnight so they can test me and monitor me for heart problems. That was the start of all the fun.

He then proceeds to give me a long lecture about AAS and how they fuk up your cholesterol levels and can ruin your heart etc etc. He told me about a few patients he saw with heart failure from AAS & thyroid hormones. I am 35 yrs old and its been 14 yrs now so it really got me thinking.

The doctor had me believing this was it. The end of the road. Or like Fred Sanford used to say as he clutched at his heart :" THIS IS THE BIG ONE ELIZABETH!!" (you older guys will remember that haha).

Anyway all night they took blood from me and ran tests. My heart rate never dropped below 120 and its usually 70, so it had me really concerned.

The next day they injected some metallic like fluids into my IV so they could see my heart on their imaging machines(sorta like an MRI) and gave me a stress test where I walked uphill on their treadmill at a fast pace for about 10 mins. I was the only one of the 3 guys down there that actually finished the test without stopping heh. They ran more blood tests to check my heart enzymes too.

After all the tests I had to sit in my room and wait for all the results. Talk about nerve wracking. I was thinking the worst and scared that I would have clogged arteries etc. I was sweating bullets to say the least.

Anyway all the tests came back great, everything was normal (except my HDL cholesterol was a little low). So being smart and playing it safe all these years has paid off, it was the most indepth testing Ive ever had on my heart/arteries and I passed with flying colors.

In the end they attributed the racing heartrate and high blood pressure to the fever from pneumonia.

Moral of the story, use responsibly and take care of yourselves guys.

Oh and I now have to start going to church , while I was sweating those bullets in my room for hours while awaiting the test results, I kinda made a deal with God.

Juice32 is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronus View Post
      See you in Church on Sunday
      Actually I'll see you on Friday.

And then at church on Sunday.

Kruzzer is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

What did they give you for your tachycardia(fast heart rate) Why did they let you stay so long with it elavated like that????? So other underlining problems??? Glad to hear it Bro....I'm 39 with about 20+ yrs of gear...I put myself on a 12 lead heart monitor evey month just to make sure all is well. Scarry shit, isn't it?
      KZ

JackBNimble is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Question

What kind of a doctor would order a stress test for someone with pneumonia?
      Was he trying to kill you? Was it a MD or DO?

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kruzzer View Post
      What did they give you for your tachycardia(fast heart rate) Why did they let you stay so long with it elavated like that????? So other underlining problems??? Glad to hear it Bro....I'm 39 with about 20+ yrs of gear...I put myself on a 12 lead heart monitor evey month just to make sure all is well. Scarry shit, isn't it?

Yeah bro it is scary, especially when you hear about Mike Matarrazzo havin 2 heart attacks and having to get quadruple bypass surgery cuz all his arteries were 100% blocked. And he was 38 I believe when that started. Or Don Younglood at 51, dead of a massive heart attack.

But Matarrazzo was eating 5 lbs of red meat every day for years , all that cholesterol cant be good, especially when you're on a bunch of shiit. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

And to my knowledge they didnt give me any medication to lower my heart rate. But I could be wrong, they had all kinds of shit goin in and out of my IV.

My LDL cholesterol was low , so thats good. But I really only eat red meat once or twice a week. I switched to mostly all white meat or fish and just have a steak when I go out. I also get in a decent amount of fiber every day, which helps to lower it.

We're gettin older but I think we can still be fine, just gotta be smart about our diets, do some cardio, and stick to low/moderate doses.

I would also recommend getting a stress test, its alot better than an EKG because they can see your valves and arteries and every area of your heart, to make sure everything is working properly. So if you did have a problem they could catch it before its too late. And get your cholesterol levels checked so you can rework your diet if you need to.

Even though I was scared shiitless at the time , Im actually glad I had it done now.

Oh and also remember to take an aspirin every day, every doctor I talked to recommended it for guys our age.
      Last edited by Juice32; 02-01-2008 at 02:17 AM.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
      What kind of a doctor would order a stress test for someone with pneumonia?
      Was he trying to kill you? Was it a MD or DO?
      It was a MD and I thought it was a little odd too because I had all that junk in my lungs. I guess they felt I could handle it and they wanted to make sure my heart was ok before they released me. The congestion in my lungs made the treadmill alot tougher thats for sure.

Hell when I got down there to do the test my heart rate was still 112 and normally is 70ish. I thought they would wait until my heartrate was semi-normal before giving me that test.

massmaker56 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Damn thats some intense shit, talk about a stressful week right there! Im glad to hear that you and your boy are ok tho. Yeah you hear about these people with related problems and it makes you think. But then you look at there diets and the massive amounts of everything theu were puting in their bodies for 20 years straight nad it makes sense. I was talking to David Pulcinella and he was saying he has heard of pros dosing anywhere from 2000-4000 mgs of gear weekly. I can see where that would cause problems. Glad to hear your doing well tho.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by massmaker56 View Post
      I was talking to David Pulcinella and he was saying he has heard of pros dosing anywhere from 2000-4000 mgs of gear weekly. .

I know amateurs that were taking that much. Never made sense to me, just asking for side effects. Not worth it, better to be safe imo. You can get quite large on low/moderate doses and being safe.

Personally I think IGF-1 is more responsible for alot of the pros size today, and its also responsible for alot of their guts.

Thread Information