Overall activity: 1.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

I don't think any serious bodybuilder has a problem with another guy making some sound when it comes to his training and getting the heavy ones done. I sure as hell can't do it with my mouth closed! Tried that a few and I almost got crushed a few times Gotta make a little noise. But I have seen a few times where some mofo is just screaming like a bitch on every rep of every set. Thats annoying as hell and just the opposite of being impressive as they must think it is. And usually there are women around that is the intended audience I'm sure. One reason I like working out at home and am constantly adding to my owm gym. My neighbors must wonder about all the noise though! LOL. But is good to train with others and crawl out of my hole now and then.

Skeletor is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 187
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends
      Awards:
      Discussion Ender
      is searching for a way to crush
      He-Man!

I am:
      Sneaky

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

There is one guy at the gym who makes alot of exhale noise.
      But the funny thing is I looked over at him once doing barbell curls and he was huffin and puffin and had a 5lb weight on each side of the bar!!! LOL

TheChosen1 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
      Achievements:
      Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

This should make you feel better then.......................

Sometime in 1996 when I was training at the World Gym in New Orleans, LA, there was this one guy who spent most of his time in the weight room doing alot of talking as if he was DA MAN. One morning, I'm training arms and he's running his mouth with a guy while having an 85 pound knurling bar resting on a flat bench. When he was done running his mouth, a sweet little blonde woman looked at him and asked, "You're going to lift that?" His face lit up and said, "What this? This is nothing."

Just then, I was re-racking the dumbbells that I was using when this dipshit ask me, "What you think, ....., do you think you can handle this?" Mind you, one of my arms probably measures the size of his neck but yet, he tried to use me to look good for this girl. I looked at him in the mirror and decided to ruin his rap.

"What you got there, dude? Oh, are you using that? Hell, I warm up with that weight. Can I work in?" Before he can say anything, I walked over to him, lifted the bar and began hitting curls like I was throwing paper. At the same time, I'm talking to him to show that I'm not straining at all. After whizzing through 15 reps, I sat the bar back down on the bench and said, "Damn, that felt good. Look me up, dude, when you've graduated to heavy weights before asking me if I can handle it."

The girl's jaw damn near hit the floor when she saw me curling and the guy's face fell as if I kicked his dog. He was pissed and called me a showoff. But I reminded him that he did it to himself. When I turned around to walk away, every guy in the gym who saw it laughed and gave me a thumbs up because the guy got on their nerves alot.
      Last edited by TheChosen1; 03-26-2008 at 01:18 PM.

TheChosen1
      SuperMOD@E-Steroids
      & U-M

ricky425 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 49
      Overall activity: 1.5%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by teamgenetics View Post
      ya, there isnt a general discussion part of this board, so i thought i'd post it here, i fucking hate guys at the gym who think they are the shit and try to show off to girls and be loud and goofy at the gym. its a rant, i hate them, if you are like that, then fuck you, i hate you go work out at a fucking bally's fitness or something
      Quit tryin to play that shit off bro, we work out at the same gym. And thats you over there in the corner screamin and yellin with your "20 lb" dumbells doin concentration curls. It's ok bro.. LMFAO.. J/K bro

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by red*star* inc View Post
      no.i think you may be jealous bro.
      you just may not lift that heavy and thus you cant yell only yip.
      and balleys doesnt let you yell,or even dead lift.so you must go to a hard core gym.my gym is a gaint warehouse.and yelling is promoted.
      No he isnt jealous. We dont work out at the same gym but we do live close by and he is a BEAST! We dont need to scream and yell to draw attention to ourselves...

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Samson View Post
      I work at a GOLDS guys and you would not believe all of the stupid shit Ive seen LOL. I agree with DirtyD and AJ for sure. If youre doing a VERY heavy compound movement WITH PROPER FORM then you might need to let out some anger and get some air out fast. That being said 99% of the time it happens at a gym its not nessecary and Ive trained at venice around top IFBB pros and seen Lee P train alot when he used to train at my gym and not once have I ever seen any of those bros make fools of themselves and call atttention to themselves buy making a scence. Sure bros like Ronnie and Branch are gonna yell and drop fbombs while they train LOL but they do it at smaller private gyms and they have earned it so to speak. It reminds me of something I read Arnold say that was something to the effect of: the guys that show off constantly with undersized clothes and noise do it for attention. A true mass monster or brother of the iron will not carry on that way. If one guy has a toyota corrolla sport edition with a super charger he'll speed around at every light every chance he gets to show off. The guy who has the american muscle car or the Lambo (somethin with REAL horses) or something to that effect cant do that cause when he puts the pedal to the floor it is ACTUALLY dangerous so to speak and the guy with the power cant afford that luxury or immature behavior. Sorry for the rant but hopefully you get my point LOL. The guys with weight belts and wrist straps that wear them the whole workout of freakin hilarious
      I was actually about to comment about Lee Preist in particular about his column in MD I beleive. About he cant stand to hear guys scream and yell at the gym. And yes you are right about Ronnie, he screams and yells but again, he's Ronnie.

Big Dan is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

See I go into the gym, put on my headphones and I start to bust my ass. I may grunt from time to time but that is about it. I dont speak until I am finished. I am there to get to work. But it is those same guys that we speak of that keep there cell phones with them and try to draw attention, that have not put an ounce of muscle on in years. Hell I have seen them with 2 45's on the t-bar screaming more than my wife did when she had our two kids. I to say fuck'em. They are the same ones that stand in there little groups and talk shit about guys like us and wisper he is on that shit. When I leave the gym I am soaked with sweat everyday. And those same bitches havent even started tp think about sweating. FUCK'EM

teamgenetics is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 139
      Achievements:
      Recommendation Second ClassVeteran1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

hey ricky ignore red*star he was banned its this idiot who was banned named ribbler who likes to start shit with everybody

harleyc is offline Banned
      Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
      Overall activity: 3.5%
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Friendly

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

I will be the first one to tell you that if people tell you they have to scream because they are lifting alot of lb's they are full of shit. They just want people see them lifting the big lbs. I bench 600 lbs and don't make a sound. I don't want my boys screaming at me to pump me up or any of that bull shit. I get pumped in my head before i lift. I can go from a nice guy to a killer in my head real fast and thats what its all about!!!!

teamgenetics is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 139
      Achievements:
      Recommendation Second ClassVeteran1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

i hate guys at the gym like harley j/k love u bro!

Thread Information