Results of an interesting new study werereleased earlier this week, the focus of which was lower-back tattoos on women. Theresearch took place in France, and the results were anything but flattering to the fairersex. In short, the study showed that most men believe that women who have a tattoo ontheir lower back are more likely to havesex with them.

Ah, the French.

Now, I'm not here necessarily toargue against the study, or to even poke holes in the testing process. I mean, everyoneknows that the best scientific research is done on a beach in the south of France, right?But what I would like to do is give my point of view on the matter.

I, as asingle 31-year-old man, tend to disagree with the study

Now, before I go anyfurther, I'd be remiss if I didn't bring up the term "tramp stamp." Over the course of thepast 20 or so years, that term has weaseled its way into the pop culture lexicon. Andwhile it's likely not news to anyone, the term "tramp stamp" refers to a lower-backtattoo. As if the tat is a telltale sign that the woman who paid to have it permanentlyetched onto her body is easy.

That's really not fair. But many times, life justisn't.

The lower-back tattoo is kind of like the scarlet letter of moderntimes. In many, if not most, cases, I'd assume that the woman in question got the tattooat an early age -- I'd venture to guess between 17 and 22. In your teens and early 20s,more than half of the decisions you make in life are hormonally based. At that age, yourjudgments are all too determined by teenage angst. Perhaps the girl got the tattoo as away of rebel against her parents. Maybe it was a way to draw some attention from a guy shefelt invisible to. Hell, maybe the girl was wasted off Zimas and got it in a buddy'skitchen at a house party. Who the hell knows? Either way, I truly feel that no one shouldbe permanently held accountable for a decision they made prior to turning 25. Continue Reading

http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith/lower-back-tattoos.html ]More...[/url]