The beauty of Bonnaroo for us journalists (yes, I am temporarily considering myself ajournalist) is that EVERYONE is on site. It's not like Coachella or Lollapalooza wherebands are quickly shuttled off to their hotels post show. We are in a field. There are noRitz Carltons nearby. The artists (for the most part) are here like everyone else. Case inpoint: You could see PaulMcCartney's wristband on his arm. I wonder if they frisked him too?

You'repretty much guaranteed to see another artist that has performed or is waiting to performback or side stage of a show. Every band that played prior to Sir Paul (Monsters and Men,Passion Pit, among others) stayed to watch. Musicians are fans just like us. Jack Johnson,who was flown in last minute to replace Mumford and Sons, was in the artist's hospitalityarea chatting to anyone who came by. He looked no different than anyone else back thereand certainly acted no differently either. He was just one of the people.

Our set-up here is amazing. The good people at Redlight and CID Entertainment have taken care of usbeyond expectations. We are set-up with a deluxe tour bus (which even has a satellite dishso we can watch the NHL Stanley Cup Finals). We've also been given full access to back andside stages. It's been an amazing experience for us and we're lucky to have met nothingbut amazing people.

Famous rock photographer Danny Clinch had a booth set up in the artist tentand was photographing everyone from Bjork to JackJohnson. (He also offered to take shots of me and my crew and we'll definitely takehim up on that tomorrow.) This is an atmosphere where there is truly a feeling of love andeveryone here acts accordingly, from the kids in the tents to people like us staying intour buses. I used to be the kid in the tent and staying in different accommodationshasn't changed me as a fan.

Continue Reading

http://www.askmen.com/entertainment/music/backstage-at-bonnaroo.html ]More...[/url]