Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      is Reading, reading, reading

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default gym etiquette

Ok my girl and my son and I went to our local chain name gym. Working out and noticed this tool staring at me. kind of the Im buff and tuff stare... since my son was there I thought I would let it go. Next time I go to the gym its me and my girl.... Just so happens the tool was there. I decided to be an adult and ignored him.... well.. Im in the back free weight room and they also have a cable machine... Its just myself and my girl... I see tool boy just left the room and was on a machine in a different area... well I just was finishing a set of chest flies and didn't move but turned and was stretching when I get bumped and this guy is changing out grips on the machine..... Im like WTF !!!!! he says he is circuit training... I say you were gone for a good 10 minutes well he and I got into it and to the point of my girl stepping in between and telling him he was better off just to leave while he still could on his own......... NOW... I know there a assholes out there but this is where the story just ballons..... forward two weeks... its just my girl and I.. we walk into the gym and there are only 2 other people there.. a guy and a girl.. the guy turns out to be a trainer that went to high school with my girlfriend.... so we warm up and do some cardio... and im watching the trainer doing circuit training or crossfit training.... it looked like she was jumping on every machine for just one set each and gabbing a whole lot... well my girl and I go to the back weight room... iM setting up the bench press which is right next to the cable machine....and my girl is setting that up for herself for chest flies..... well she just is about to do her first rep when the trainer comes up kind of loud and is like whoa whoa we have three sets left and literally takes the grip right from her hand.... I giggled to myself thinking poor bastard.... but she just walked away..... which now pissed me off.... the girl took all of 15 seconds to do her rep and I looked at the clock and went to talk to my girl... she said leave it alone he was a jerk in high school and she was fine.......I didn't... after 10 minutes.... yes 10.... they came back to do the second set.... I asked him if it was normal for him to be an ass? and then said isn't it protocol that if a trainer comes up to a machine and someone else is on it the trainer goes to something else? the guy said he told my gf that they would work in on sets... I go no you didn't... he said he did and now im really getting pissed thinking first he is calling my gf a liar and second me an idiot because he saw me next to the cable machine the first. time... I said don't you think you ought to apologize to my gf? he smiled at me and said we are done here....I grabbed him I just meant to spin him around... to get his attention.. he accidently fell over the bench press and smashed his face into a 45 pound plate....

long story short... trainer is not working there.. I talked to the owner explained things and he agreed that the trainer should always give way to whom ever is on the machine at the time... it is their job AS a trainer to figure out alternatives... the owner apologized and gave us 2 months free.....

So what do people thing about gym etiquette and circuit training.... ? I think unless you are a professional you don't need to circuit train... or if you do... a least respect the other people in the gym....

nightrain116 is online now Add to nightrain116's Reputation Report Post

akhusker is offline New Member
      Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 129
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: gym etiquette

If anyone steps away from something for more than 2 min. That shit is mine! If they come back and say they were working on it, I say nope you weren't ypu used it and left, you can work in on my sets if you'd like.

guage is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

people suck..

rule 1 .treat others as you yourself wish to be treated and if that fails treat others as they treat you. I have always believed that you teach people how to treat you and sometimes it takes the hard way to learn

4. Likes geeezer liked this post
      Rake is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

If they walk away and want to use any piece of equipment I use it. When they come back I tell them we can work in together. Another thing I never rest on a piece of equipment and if anybody walks up to it I don't care who they I tell they can work in. Its not that hard put on and taking off plates while you are resting anywhere.

Night train what happened with you is just unbelievable. Some people are just have no respect.
      The Best Thing About TRT Is The Cycle Never Ends.

irish_2003 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 185
      Achievements:
      Recommendation First ClassThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
      Awards:
      Downloads
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Drunk

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

trainers often let it go to their heads because they're minor celebrities in their gyms because of it...
      www.euroking-gear.net
      please be aware of the laws of your country regarding aas

ChemicallyEngineered is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
      Overall activity: 26.0%
      Achievements:
      VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

One day I was using an adjustable bench at one of the gyms I work at to do incline db curls. I had my intra workout drink and water on the pillar about 8ft behind the bench because I hate leaving my stuff on the floor because inevitably someone kicks the shit over. Now there were 4 other benches right next to the one I was using. Mine was the only one set to an incline. I get up walk over to my drinks and when I turn around a member just had to choose my bench to do concentration curls at. I just shake my head and go to the bench right next to him and adjust that one to the same incline and start my set. You'd think maybe he would realize since I had been standing over there near the benches and that once he sat down I then had to adjust another bench to the exact same settings that maybe I was using that one? Nope. And to add insult to injury he was cheating horribly and those concentration curls.
      Aside from pointing out how inconsiderate most people are, my other point is as an employee I always just modify my workout if someone is using a piece of equipment I was on or was going to use.
      Most commercial gyms are way too busy for people to be doing any type of circuit training, especially when it involves a journey around the gym for every circuit. At most I will superset two pieces of equipment that are near each other and sometimes that shit doesn't even workout.
      I think part of the problem is these people get so set in doing the same shit day in and day out that they don't know what else to do, dare I say not educated enough in exercise to figure out any alternatives.
      "when all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed."

Thread Information