• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Smaller Wrestlers Using Steroids?

TheChosen1 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      Achievements:
      Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Post Smaller Wrestlers Using Steroids?

Courtesy of NoDQ.com...Posted by Bobby Spade on 06/13/2008 at 04:34 PM

Lance Storm has posted his latest Q & A on his website, which you can read at StormWrestling.com. In one of the questions, a reader asks him if WWE will start pushing "smaller" talent like TNA does. The question upsets Storm because the reader also called them natural, assuming that smaller wrestlers must not be on anything because they're small ("Do you think that WWE will ever focus more on the "smaller" more natural talent like TNA has done?"). "I don't like naming names but there are a TON of smaller guys in this business who are on as much if not more gas than the larger guys in this business," Storm explains. "Fans used to complain about WWE and WCW pushing jacked up monsters rather than smaller more talented guys like Benoit and Eddie, yet we now know that both of those guys were big steroid users. I know guys in this business under 175 pounds who are on steroids, so you can't just push smaller guys and lay claim to pushing more natural talent." Here is Storm's response in its entirety: A: Questions like this frustrate me. People need to understand that "smaller" and "more natural" can be two completely different things. The steroid issue is far more complicated than you think. I don't like naming names but there are a TON of smaller guys in this business who are on as much if not more gas than the larger guys in this business. Fans used to complain about WWE and WCW pushing jacked up monsters rather than smaller more talented guys like Benoit and Eddie, yet we now know that both of those guys were big steroid users. I know guys in this business under 175 pounds who are on steroids, so you can't just push smaller guys and lay claim to pushing more natural talent. Look at the signature pharmacy list, again not to bury anyone but there were a ton of small guys on that list. On the other hand, I firmly believe Mark Henry is actually clean and anyone I’ve ever heard from that knows him or has discussed the subject believes this too. Mark is a 400lbs monster who could actually be "natural" yet Funaki (of all people) was on the customer list of signature pharmacies so at least at one point in his career may not have been. The term "Small" and "Natural" do not necessarily go hand in hand.

TheChosen1
      SuperMOD@E-Steroids
      & U-M

ChemicallyEngineered is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
      Overall activity: 26.0%
      Achievements:
      VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

I give him some credit for making this point albeit a kind of self damning one. Like anything else physique oriented the public's view of who is "natural" and the characteristics of what looks "natural" has nothing to do with actually being natural.
      "when all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed."

Thread Information