Achievements:
      VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default muscle dysmorphia

AKA "Big-o-rexia" aka when you look in the mirror and can't honesly see the size you carry. I'm going to bet that about 75% of BBers have this problem and it is a real one. Right now the only pictures have of me are when I competed at 172lbs. Right now I am 215lbs with 17.75 inch arms but not in show shape, probably a little over 15% BF in my best guess. I have been getting some compliments from the members at my gym on my gains recently, even though it's only about 10lbs give or take a few. But the issue I have is I can only see them some of the time. Sometmes a certain shirt will fit a little different or something like that. However most o the time I feel like I have so far to go and I'm not really getting there. Another good example is I'm friendly with a guy at my gym who weighs in at about 188lbs. He is slightly leaer than me and I feel that I don't look any bigger than him. Now of course we've never really stood side by side and compared (I work at planet fitness and god forbid we were to wear y-back tanks or we hit a few poses together. Sine Ioutweigh him by almost 30lbs I must be quite a bit larger than him but I don't see it. This isn't aout me looking for a pat on the back or for fishing for compliments but more a look into a psychosis that I'm sure a lot ofus deal with. I constantly tell my we that I wish could see myself next to other people more often so I can try to more accurately guage my status.
      I also wonder if this state of mind also comes frm constantly looking up to the pros who are in the 260's-280's in contest shape. Sometmes I even look at these guys and don't see them as the feaks they are. When you are constantly looking at pics it's hard to judge, I will admit that seeing tem live is a different ball game. The few pro shows that I went to I was somewhat amazed. I don't really know what else I want to say except I guess it's time to have the wifey take some pics to compare with and to post for comment.
      "when all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed."

ChemicallyEngineered is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
      Overall activity: 26.0%
      Achievements:
      VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

"when all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed."

Thread Information