AKA "Big-o-rexia" aka when you look in the mirror and can't honesly see the size you carry. I'm going to bet that about 75% of BBers have this problem and it is a real one. Right now the only pictures have of me are when I competed at 172lbs. Right now I am 215lbs with 17.75 inch arms but not in show shape, probably a little over 15% BF in my best guess. I have been getting some compliments from the members at my gym on my gains recently, even though it's only about 10lbs give or take a few. But the issue I have is I can only see them some of the time. Sometmes a certain shirt will fit a little different or something like that. However most o the time I feel like I have so far to go and I'm not really getting there. Another good example is I'm friendly with a guy at my gym who weighs in at about 188lbs. He is slightly leaer than me and I feel that I don't look any bigger than him. Now of course we've never really stood side by side and compared (I work at planet fitness and god forbid we were to wear y-back tanks or we hit a few poses together. Sine Ioutweigh him by almost 30lbs I must be quite a bit larger than him but I don't see it. This isn't aout me looking for a pat on the back or for fishing for compliments but more a look into a psychosis that I'm sure a lot ofus deal with. I constantly tell my we that I wish could see myself next to other people more often so I can try to more accurately guage my status.
I also wonder if this state of mind also comes frm constantly looking up to the pros who are in the 260's-280's in contest shape. Sometmes I even look at these guys and don't see them as the feaks they are. When you are constantly looking at pics it's hard to judge, I will admit that seeing tem live is a different ball game. The few pro shows that I went to I was somewhat amazed. I don't really know what else I want to say except I guess it's time to have the wifey take some pics to compare with and to post for comment.